Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strats

The feeling of us failing to sign Camavinga and Varane is increasing. Real shame since both would be fantastic additions.

James35

The feeling of us failing to sign Camavinga and Varane is increasing. Real shame since both would be fantastic additions.
I'm not confident in either being signed. We are still us in the transfer window, which usually means being a let down.
Whoever we do sign though I just hope it's in time to have them playing pre season with us before the league kicks off in only 5 weeks time.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
How so, because whatever media outlet you read happens to say so? It's all clicks and far too may buy whatever they peddle

jesperjaap

This speaks badly about his character, I'm afraid. We need young, hungry players with a ruthless winning mentality. Look at Sancho who left England for Dortmund in order to play and get to stardom. That's the mentality we want. A scared, timid young player cannot succeed here.
A random comment from a random person on an internet forum speaks loudly about a players character?

We are getting different reports and stories every day, none of which are concrete with any quuotes but conjecture. Romano usually just states facts and he seems to have stated days ago what others are now saying without naming clubs, Camavinga is interested in moving here, we are interersted in signing him but other clubs are interested.

WHy wouldnt other clubs be interested and why would we be his first choice anyway, all the clubs seem big clubs. Even if he were to stay in France for 4years is tha being scared or timid or perhaps the best next step up for his development at that age?

Frfom what I have read about him, he seems to have a really good character and is very determined to become a top player.

Who knows what will happen, but writing him off becuase of that comment is absolute bananas

Crimson King

It's not really 'failing' to sign them if they both choose not to come here. I know it's popular to shit on the club's recruitment, and perhaps rightly so sometimes, but they're not magicians. Some of these signings are fantasy stuff.

I'm not sure how serious we are on Camavinga anyway, a lot will depend on Pogba staying or going, and we supposedly opted to sign Hannibal over this guy a couple of years ago. I don't think he'd dramatically improve our starting XI either, he still falls into the 'one for the future' category.

I know it would be nice to get all our signings in before pre-season, but that rarely happens when it involves highly sought after players, with big salaries and big fees.

People need to prepare themselves for some draw out sagas if we want to sign our top choices, and potential disappointment as well.

Strats

How so, because whatever media outlet you read happens to say so? It's all clicks and far too may buy whatever they peddle
Because don't really trust or feel any confidence in the people who deal with our signings.

We've been let down numerous times over the years(just like @James35 stated above) and it feels like same thing will happen with these two.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Because don't really trust or feel any confidence in the people who deal with our signings.

We've been let down numerous times over the years(just like @James35 stated above) and it feels like same thing will happen with these two.
Only to the 'glass half empty brigade.'

OrcaFat

If he isn’t that keen to come then we should be avoiding - he is only an 18 year old kid and if he isn’t really sure it will only end one way.

We need to be signing only players that really want to come. End of.
Absolutely agree. And I’m sure we will not pursue any interest if he’d rather go somewhere else. That’s Ole on a point of principle.

dinostar77

The way Utd have worked recently is to have multiple i.e. 4/5 options for each position they want to strengthen. So there will be alternatives to Camavinga and we know already there are alternatives to Varane.

Utd are still in a position of strength compared to many clubs affected by covid. Clubs may get more desperate to get some money in via transfers to pay bills or give themselves some liquidity in the market to make moves of their own. I can see Utd taking their time and tryin to capitalize on desperate clubs, still along way to go before window closes.

Devil may care

If we can get this done and then get a quality partner for him next summer our midfield will finally be sorted, we just need one this summer at least to break up the crap McFred axis.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Why would PSG and Pogba do that when they can get Camavinga now, and get Pogba free next year....
Why can't PSG do that if they are building to win UCL next season? If they wait another year, Ramos might not be as good as he is anymore. Wijnaldum could be on the decline too as next year he will be 32.

Bondi77

Seems a bit strange to me that PSG will go for Camavinga if they cannot get Pogba as one is a seasoned pro who does his best work on the creative side of things and struggles with his defensive duties whereas the other is a teenager whom from all accounts thrives on the defensive side of things and is a tackling machine.
I have always thought that a manager would select a profile of a player to fit into the way he wants his team to play and then go from there but then again to get the name of Pogba and Camavinga into the same tweet may get a little more attention :annoyed:

oz insomniac

Again, the real test is if we are interested and now have to compete for the signing against other teams like Chelsea, will we falter given what seems to be a history of lengthy and somewhat strained negations before any transfer is complete.

Need these things done and dusted to introduce new players into the team for pre season etc., just dont have confidence given Woody and Judges history.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Not saying Camaviga is the answer but Declan rice certainly isn't. And if we spend the money that West Ham wants for him, I think we will be making a huge mistake. If we can get Declan for 40m or something then maybe it's a fair price but not the price that has been quoted.

I think the only reason why we may not be pushing for Camaviga is because we think we aren't his preferred destination. Because he is exactly the kind of signing I expect United to make.

lysglimt

Scout
Pau Torres wouldn't be better than a fit Bailly, and only a very slight improvement on Lindelöf.
I have a feeling Pau Torres will develop into a quality defender, but he is not lightning quick - so that is why I am sceptical to sign him as partner to Maguire

Redcy

Who would not want to come to a country full of racist bigots who abuse other teams players?

lysglimt

Scout
Personally I am impressed with anyone taking a half-decent penalty in a final. If I was walking up to the spot knowing the consequences of a miss, I would almost be too nervous to take the penalty :)

wise_old_man

Personally I am impressed with anyone taking a half-decent penalty in a final. If I was walking up to the spot knowing the consequences of a miss, I would almost be too nervous to take the penalty :)
But they're professional players getting paid hundreds of thousand pounds every week. That's their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.