Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Seems very quiet on him, expected a bit more fuss this summer.
I thought he may have been named in the Euro squad but Deschamps preferred to stick with the experience of the likes of Rabiot.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I thought he may have been named in the Euro squad but Deschamps preferred to stick with the experience of the likes of Rabiot.
He didn't deserve to go, it wasn't just an experience thing. The likes of Tchouaméni, Diop or Caqueret had better seasons and none of them were ready.

MattofManchester

He's a great prospect, but he's still developing his style and skill set.

Nowhere near ready for a big club. Should make small steps up to test himself.

jesperjaap

He didn't deserve to go, it wasn't just an experience thing. The likes of Tchouaméni, Diop or Caqueret had better seasons and none of them were ready.
Must say, I am surprised (as far as I am aware anyway) that no big clubs are being linked with Caqueret at the moment. Has impressed me evry time (admittedly not many) that I have seen him play. From your name I doubt I have seen Camavinga anywhere near as much as yourself as not been many Rennes games shown the last season, but he looked good in all the games I have seen. Personally still my ideal signing for us this summer

passing-wind

He's supposedly had a very average season from spectators I'd consider credible, the lack of links is likely due to his performances.

bucky

He's supposedly had a very average season from spectators I'd consider credible, the lack of links is likely due to his performances.
I wouldn't call his season average, considering he's 18 years old. For his age it was good season IMO, it's just that expectations are already through the roof for him.

jesperjaap

Maybe but come on, Greenwood has overall had a very average season. He is a year OLDER than Camavinga, he is 18years old. Just the fact these guys are gettign regular games and putting in good performances and getting called up for there countries is incredible. Very few players in Europe there age aer doing this

izec

I'd buy him without hesitation. Him, Varane and Sancho is a dream summer. Think i said the same thing a while ago somewhere.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I'd buy him without hesitation. Him, Varane and Sancho is a dream summer. Think i said the same thing a while ago somewhere.
And add a RB + keep Pogba. That would be perfect summer

kirk buttercup

100% . That for me is Perfect. Free up Pogba and Bruno Also might see VDB come in to his own more comfortably. Much better Balance to the team . Those 3 are so Exciting

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Any of the centre backs plus Sancho and Camavinga is dream stuff. Like supporting one of the Spanish teams. I was saying Sancho and Camavinga was my dream summer last year and to get both for quite a bit less than their highest value would be amazing long term business from the club. A complete 180 from a recruitment standpoint. Sancho is in the bag. Varane I think will probably sign again with Madrid. I like the idea of Pau Torres with the left foot and that’s who Madrid would probably sign if Varane did leave. There are a few other decent options out there who would cost a bit less if we want to save a few quid.

As I’ve said a few times. If we sell Jesse for £25 million and stick another £25 million with it, Rennes aren’t going to turn down the guts of €60 million. I don’t think Madrid or Barca or even Bayern can match us financially this summer. PSG could easily but if the player fancies the PL we are in the driving seat. He would be the box to box lynchpin of our team in the coming years. Probably too soon next season but we have senior players who can help him bed in. Who knew having a DOF would be so much more fun? :wenger:

bosskeano

100%. you add these 3 to our existing squad without losing a player and we are easily challenging for the title in england and the champions league

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
100%. you add these 3 to our existing squad without losing a player and we are easily challenging for the title in england and the champions league
So an 18 year old is going to solve all our midfield issues?

SinNombre

He won't solve anything. Nothing wrong with buying him as long as we are also aggressively selling some of our squad then.

Knightmare7

So an 18 year old is going to solve all our midfield issues?
At what point did he say “This solves all of our midfield issues”? He didn’t. Don’t argue in bad faith, because by virtue of being on here I wager you can read properly.

Should Sancho and Varane go through, our weakest point is that midfield position. Camavinga is young and still needs development, but he makes United dynamic in the midfield. I wouldn’t expect him to start many league games next year (if any), but late in a match he would be a useful presence off the bench to move the attack forward while also giving Fred/Scott a rest at different points.

Camavinga, like Greenwood, still needs time to develop. They’ll be streaky at first as they adjust, but their current value lies in forcing teams to prepare to face different looks. Very easy to plan for United with McFred, another thing entirely to also have to worry about Camavinga coming off the bench at the end.

One of United’s biggest problems over the last two seasons has been United’s lack of impact subs late in games. Now, if Rashford/Cavani/Sancho start up front, with, say, McTominay starting, our bench is Martial/Camavinga/Greenwood/Fred/James for offense. Absolutely fantastic

Reactions: Fortitude

Nori-

This guy isn't the solution.

He is 18. He isn't going to come in and solve that position for us. We need a ready made option.

The last few years its constantly been a case of....."They will come good eventually" or "He has lots of potential"

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
At what point did he say “This solves all of our midfield issues”? He didn’t. Don’t argue in bad faith, because by virtue of being on here I wager you can read properly.

Should Sancho and Varane go through, our weakest point is that midfield position. Camavinga is young and still needs development, but he makes United dynamic in the midfield. I wouldn’t expect him to start many league games next year (if any), but late in a match he would be a useful presence off the bench to move the attack forward while also giving Fred/Scott a rest at different points.

Camavinga, like Greenwood, still needs time to develop. They’ll be streaky at first as they adjust, but their current value lies in forcing teams to prepare to face different looks. Very easy to plan for United with McFred, another thing entirely to also have to worry about Camavinga coming off the bench at the end.

One of United’s biggest problems over the last two seasons has been United’s lack of impact subs late in games. Now, if Rashford/Cavani/Sancho start up front, with, say, McTominay starting, our bench is Martial/Camavinga/Greenwood/Fred/James for offense. Absolutely fantastic
I can definitely read properly. The poster said that we will be set for challenging the league title and UCL which is wishful thinking IMO given McFred can barely control a midfield.

Also I am not sure if Camavinga is the impact sub you want. We already have McFred, Pogba, Van de Beek and Bruno. 3 of these will be starting so we already have 2 experienced midfielders who could be impact subs.

We need to sign a top quality midfielder in order to challenge. Simple as that. He could be that Diallo like signing as a young prospect for the future but we definitely need a starter for the midfield position.

Knightmare7

I can definitely read properly. The poster said that we will be set for challenging the league title and UCL which is wishful thinking IMO given McFred can barely control a midfield.

Also I am not sure if Camavinga is the impact sub you want. We already have McFred, Pogba, Van de Beek and Bruno. 3 of these will be starting so we already have 2 experienced midfielders who could be impact subs.

We need to sign a top quality midfielder in order to challenge. Simple as that. He could be that Diallo like signing as a young prospect for the future but we definitely need a starter for the midfield position.
I don’t think any of us would turn down a world class midfielder, but there’s also a question of supply and demand. Supply is relatively low, and what is available is pricy. I’d rather not throw money away to just temporarily cover a problem position, but I’m also happy to invest in a younger long-term solution.

At the end of the day, I personally like him, but I don’t sit and watch hours and hours of footage of him and his technique, nor do I have access to character statements about him. I just trust our front office to do their research and find someone who fits well. A bit hopeful since no one is perfect, but we’re nearly there and I’m sure Ole and Co. won’t just sign the first player who looks good. And that’s not even mentioning that all of this might be smoke and mirrors

Thiagoal

From YouTube he looks like he has a very similar skill set to Fred. Never seen him play live so could be wrong. I’d much prefer a dictator of play in the middle like a Veratti as I think we already have midfielders of this guys ilk

Tallis

If we have a proper defense, we don’t need to be ultra conservative in how we form and who we play in MF. We could get away with playing McT and DVB for instance. Rotate with Camavinga and Fred. Have defense form higher than our usual so MF is not isolated from our attack.

I am happy to invest in this guy and get massive long term rewards vs trying to find an instant solution.

beingshe7don

I like Camavinga but Tchouameni is the one we really need. He would make Pogba appear what he does for France and Fred world-class.

Sancho, Tchouameni, and Varane would be the best window in a very long time.

gajender

If we have a proper defense, we don’t need to be ultra conservative in how we form and who we play in MF. We could get away with playing McT and DVB for instance. Rotate with Camavinga and Fred. Have defense form higher than our usual so MF is not isolated from our attack.

I am happy to invest in this guy and get massive long term rewards vs trying to find an instant solution.
Can you give examples of any teams in recent past who have regularly played without deepest midfielder whether in form of CDM or deep lying playmaker at Club level and have been successful you won't find any , so what gives you the confidence that we can actually do that and be successful with such underwhelming set of options without any real balance.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He seemed to cope well with it in Championship as a 16-year old.
And he was outstanding against City in CL.
One game here and there doesn't represent a whole season in the PL with the physicality of: League,Cup,EFL Cup. It took it's toll on senior players let alone a teenagers who haven't filled out yet

Mainoldo

One game here and there doesn't represent a whole season in the PL with the physicality of: League,Cup,EFL Cup. It took it's toll on senior players let alone a teenagers who haven't filled out yet
He played a whole season in the Championship you numpty.

Giggsyking

watched him few times, much potential, wonder if he is ready for a big club yet. We can buy him and loan him to a PL club.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Stepping into the realm of unreality, let's say we do, by some miracle, land both Sanch and Varane... the question to ask regarding Camavinga would be would you prioritize his immense potential and likelihood of becoming a genuine world star over bringing in a proper DM with DLP qualities who would most likely be of the correct age profile to be ready to perform in his key role immediately?

If you opt for the former, we're still left with the same problems with lack of quality in our defensive midfield area of the pitch, which would probably be our undoing even if the other areas of the pitch step up and deliver. If you say yes to the latter, we're probably walking away from a player who will be worth high end eight figures, if not nine should he fulfill his potential.

We are doing so poorly with shifting all the dead-weight at the club, mind. There's millions in wages for players who have next to no purpose at the club and barely even feature who prevent us from going in for both Camavinga and the aforementioned magical DM/DLP we need, and that's extremely frustrating.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
watched him few times, much potential, wonder if he is ready for a big club yet. We can buy him and loan him to a PL club.
I don't think we'd loan out this profile of player as it would be essential to nurture and mould him to what we want and oversee the remainder of his formative development.

I guess if we had a look at him and felt he was ready, he'd just go straight into our own team. Regardless, it's minutes with us, off the bench or in starts, and not a loan, that I think would be most likely.

lenny_1248

He played a whole season in the Championship you numpty.
Every game? I think not :smirk:
Then you are wrong.

who haven't filled out yet
He's already very good physically.

bsCallout

I think we could get away with this sort of CM signing if we are buying someone as experienced as Varane.

Varane and Maguire CB with Pogba in midfield is very experienced. Strong french contingent though, very Arsenal :wenger:

Status
Not open for further replies.