Gaming Elden Ring - Fromsoftware

mu4c_20le

Won't take much for high scores. They could simply copy paste the last souls game with different graphics and it'll get 10s.

Irwin99

98 from 27 reviews so far. I think it's safe to say i'm ordering this!

nickyboy1981

just had the shipped notification from Gamebyte on my pre-order, anyone used them before? hopefully it comes tomorrow :)

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
feck if this isn't a top 5 all time game for me I'm gonna be disappointed I think :lol:

Irwin99

Can you link me, I wanna look at some reviews.

I'd love for somebody to tell me if Arcane is gonna be useful, I really wanna be a bandit named Arya Stark :lol:
I'm doing a faith build with a faintly unpleasant prophetess. Gonna call her Joan of Snark.

Castia

Those review scores…holy feck.

Wasn’t planning on getting this as I’ve just got Horizon and Destiny 2 expansion but I’ll have too now.

Really surprised to see it’s only £45 on PS5 via Amazon…great deal considering I paid £70 for Horizon ffs.

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Of course. Why was I worried? Seems like they absolutely nailed it
IGN guy saying it's pretty much dark souls 3 combat too, with some additions but generally that style (since we had that conversation a few days ago).

Looks fecking fantastic.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Those review scores…holy feck.

Wasn’t planning on getting this as I’ve just got Horizon and Destiny 2 expansion but I’ll have too now.

Really surprised to see it’s only £45 on PS5 via Amazon…great deal considering I paid £70 for Horizon ffs.
Yep, seems to be priced relatively cheaply considering. Seen on Currys that its priced at £44.99 too. Might just go out and pick it up tomorrow.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
IGN guy saying it's pretty much dark souls 3 combat too, with some additions but generally that style (since we had that conversation a few days ago).

Looks fecking fantastic.
That would be slightly disappointing for me.

But wow incredible review scores.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Just had a feeling this would deliver. I’m still pretty scared having never managed to get through the previous Dark Souls titles but I will 100% give it a go. I’m gonna wait till after I’ve played and enjoyed Horizon though as it’s just abit much to play them both.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Best start clearing my diary. Seems like I'm going to be busy. So glad this game has come in with some awesome reviews, really feels like what we all need as gamers.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
That would be slightly disappointing for me.

But wow incredible review scores.
To be fair, the reviews I've read have said that the combat in the game is its own thing, as well. The fact that you can call in your horse during combat would imply a different pace, too.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Just had a feeling this would deliver. I’m still pretty scared having never managed to get through the previous Dark Souls titles but I will 100% give it a go. I’m gonna wait till after I’ve played and enjoyed Horizon though as it’s just abit much to play them both.
Same for me. I didn't purposely avoid the earlier games, just sort of missed them. I'm going to dive into this as soon as it's downloaded.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I never did a DS game but I cleared Bloodborne recently and supposedly that's tougher than them so hopefully that'll have prepared me well enough :nervous:

amolbhatia50k

To be fair, the reviews I've read have said that the combat in the game is its own thing, as well. The fact that you can call in your horse during combat would imply a different pace, too.
Hope so. I know this game is going to be really good. Every FS game is. But for me the souls combat has gotten a bit stale. Maybe that's why I loved the change that Sekiro introduced.

b82REZ

Guess I'm going to have a couple of sleepless nights trying to finish Forbidden West. This looks amazing.

Roux

The reviews are insane - this will be of the greatest games ever made. Even when i played it a few months ago it was such a great experience.

bosnian_red

Guess I'm going to have a couple of sleepless nights trying to finish Forbidden West. This looks amazing.
I'm just going to put that down for a few months while I go through Elden Ring. Horizon is great but I don't think I can hold off on Elden ring

amolbhatia50k

I'm just going to put that down for a few months while I go through Elden Ring. Horizon is great but I don't think I can hold off on Elden ring
Play them together. Leaving a game mid way completely runs the experience for me.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Well, you can play this game on Xbox. Although, if you have a good PC I'm not sure why someone would get a Series X.
The Series X is great and compliments the PC really well, especially for MS exclusives on gamepass because of cross play and cross save. There are a lot of gamepass games I prefer to sit on a couch and play instead of on a PC. But, it's definitely not essential if you have a good gaming PC, for sure.

I'm mainly going PC for this cause I have Horizon too and this will maximise the time I have available to play both!

bosnian_red

I'm 100% going to play through this first time with no youtube or guide shit and see just how convoluted the side quests are :lol:
I'm probably going to have a computer document open while I play this to take notes on side quests and what characters say to keep track :lol:
Apparently there isn't a quest or journal log... Which is fair but like they could've probably put some sort of journal log based on character conversations in that you can go and read.

Chairman Steve

So many perfect scores all round :eek: Lowest score I’ve seen is 9/10.

Miyazaki and FromSoft have somehow ascended even higher into gaming deity status. This is now their magnum opus and the calls for Bloodborne 2 will dissipate.