Gaming Elder Scrolls V

Eriku

Has anyone collected all of the dragon masks? Think I've got three of em.
I got Nahkriin, Morokai and Volsung. Volsung was an absolute bitch to beat, even though I'd levelled a fair bit of destruction by then. Morokai was the worst but I beat her through a glitch :D

I love that there's that.

I'm usually no collector but in this game I really want to get a hold of all these sort of things, just to see what kind of powers I get. Volsung's mask is handy when I've got too much stuff in my inventory :)

Where is part 6 going to take place?
iuno, but I can't imagine it'll be on a PS3 or a 360... It's so far away that I'm just enjoying the fact that I have this, for now.

but imagine what it'll look and play like by then :drool:

I just hope they make sure they don't have complete game-breaking flaws in it by then ;P

Spoony

The People's President
I defeated Aldiun(Alduin's Bane), was piss easy to be fair...despite me using the storm shout a couple of times and having to wait a couple of lifetimes before I could use Dragonrend as a consequence.

I suspect we'll meet again though.

Eriku

So I levelled up my illusion to a hundred... Easy as chips, just used muffle again and again whenever I had spare time and was faffing around somewhere safe. Turns out I get a special little quest that allows me to get a certain tome from Drevis Neloren and to buy a bunch of others. I feel like spending some perks on illusion now... Calming all sorts of creatures, turning invisible for ages, casting it silently and being able to stay out of harms way as you set a gang of bandits on each other with the frenzy spell, I see all sorts of wicked potential in this field ^_^

That said I feel like levelling up conjuring too... Not to mention levelling my destruction those last 7 steps that'll allow me to cast Master level destruction spells for half magicka =)

Sooo much to dooooooooo... aiiiieeeee! Work tomorrow, so this is me signing off... Oh well, two hours earlier than I managed last time I did a late night binge :)

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I have 4 masks. Looks like there are 8 in total (one of the loading screens shows a sort of altar with 8 masks on it).

I've also been trying to level up illusion coz I read wiki and it says there's a quest for this Kahzving (sp?) Fang blade I have when you reach level 100.

RonaldoVII

I don't believe it, I actually found Shadowmere :D My beloved horse died many hours ago when scaling the mountains and took one jump too high. I thought it respawned back at the Dark Brotherhood location but later found out that it spawns where it died, but because it was deep in the mountains I had no specific location as to where it was going to appear. After searching for ages, I gave up. Now, whilst battling for a fort in the civil war quest, I find Shadowmere fighting the Imperials, as well as my replacement horse that I found. Result :smirk:

Spoony

The People's President
I have 4 masks. Looks like there are 8 in total (one of the loading screens shows a sort of altar with 8 masks on it).

I've also been trying to level up illusion coz I read wiki and it says there's a quest for this Kahzving (sp?) Fang blade I have when you reach level 100.
I've got a few...and I reckon I've dropped a couple on all along the way. Nice eh?! Anyway, I've completed Valdmir's(?)mission and collected Rahgot's mask in return from Forelhost - which was mental at times, I reckon I had to fight off 6 Drauds, 2 Deathlords, 3 Icey monsters in one area. They all charged at me at one! Great fun though the whole place is hacktastic. I loved it. Oh and there's this shout there and all. Let's just say it's a poweful one.

Urbanned

Thought I'd killed Lydia earlier. She randomly disappeared on me while I was down some dungeon - I thought she'd got trapped in some fire traps. Not a shit was given - until I saw her just stroll around a corner (triggering an arrow trap as she came, silly bint)... was so disappointed!

Must admit though, she's getting useful now. She just wades into enemies with no thought for her own safety whatsoever - I can just sit back and read a book/have a wank/clip my toenails until I decide I'd better finish off with some flames.

Bought myself a house in Whiterun too.

Skywarden

Anyone playing with Aranea as companion? Seems very rare from what I can gather. Not how to acquire her but in terms of people using her as a companion.

Urbanned

What shout would you all say you use most often?

I have 2 words of Unrelenting Force, and 1 of Whirlwind, the fire one and the ethereal one (the latter 2 I haven't used yet because I need another dragon shout).

Also, how are you all having dragons spawn everywhere? I've been walking around now and cacking myself over being destroyed by one, but none have appeared. Do you have to get a certain distance into the main quest line in order for this to happen?

Spoony

The People's President
What shout would you all say you use most often?

I have 2 words of Unrelenting Force, and 1 of Whirlwind, the fire one and the ethereal one (the latter 2 I haven't used yet because I need another dragon shout).

Also, how are you all having dragons spawn everywhere? I've been walking around now and cacking myself over being destroyed by one, but none have appeared. Do you have to get a certain distance into the main quest line in order for this to happen?
Mark of Death and Slow Time. I've used Dragonred a couple of times and all...and I've just got my hands Dragon Call, which I can't wait to use on mortals.
I've got two... seems to me that the reward is a prolonged storm, rather than a stronger one or one that strikes more often.
Hang on...level 3's not as good as level 1?

Eriku

They should appear again once you get going as far as you have in your main quest (seeing as you have Whirlwind). It ebbs and flows, though... Sometimes I get hit by dragons a lot, other times I have the world to myself.

I use Storm Call and Unrelenting Force the most... Unrelenting is good for making some time for yourself, in my case to get my magicka back up, or to heal ;P Storm Call is just insanely useful seeing as all opponents in the vicinity get beaten down every now and again, which along with your strikes means they get sorted pretty quickly, unless we're talking mammoths, giants or dragons. Annoying that the lightning bolts hit your horse and deplete its health as well... Luckily I don't bother much with the bloody horses.

Eriku

Hang on...level 3's not as good as level 1?
Never said that... I just said it prolongs the storm call, so you get in more hits. Otherwise it seems the same as level 1 to me... Speaking about level 2, mind. Haven't gotten the third yet.

Why don't you go piss someone off and then do a shout?

Slow time is damn good, too... Allows me to aim and hit a fair few times before normal service resumes. Only have one of the words, though... I've seen it in action at level 3, which, if I recall correctly, means that your player moves as he normally would but others are slowed down, and for a bigger stretch of time.

Skywarden

Aura whisper, though I stopped using it because it took away a lot of the experience as it acts like a wall hack. Other than that, Marked for Death and Elemental Fury. I'm yet to find Storm Call!

Urbanned

They should appear again once you get going as far as you have in your main quest (seeing as you have Whirlwind). It ebbs and flows, though... Sometimes I get hit by dragons a lot, other times I have the world to myself.

I use Storm Call and Unrelenting Force the most... Unrelenting is good for making some time for yourself, in my case to get my magicka back up, or to heal ;P Storm Call is just insanely useful seeing as all opponents in the vicinity get beaten down every now and again, which along with your strikes means they get sorted pretty quickly, unless we're talking mammoths, giants or dragons. Annoying that the lightning bolts hit your horse and deplete its health as well... Luckily I don't bother much with the bloody horses.
Ah, so there's loads of different ones then! Didn't realise there were so many... I keep on forgetting that I have them to use. If I get in trouble I just cast a healing spell and whack them with a mace or battleaxe until they die/I have lots of health, seems to do the trick without any fancy shouts. That storm shout sounds tasty though!

And yes, I'm at the bit where I've got to trek with the woman from Riverwood to an ancient dragon burial ground, so I thought that maybe something goes wrong there and then they all awaken?

Eriku

Ah, so there's loads of different ones then! Didn't realise there were so many... I keep on forgetting that I have them to use. If I get in trouble I just cast a healing spell and whack them with a mace or battleaxe until they die/I have lots of health, seems to do the trick without any fancy shouts. That storm shout sounds tasty though!

And yes, I'm at the bit where I've got to trek with the woman from Riverwood to an ancient dragon burial ground, so I thought that maybe something goes wrong there and then they all awaken?
Is that trek you mention a part of the main quest? Doesn't ring a bell for me.

Anyhoo... Youtube has the weirdest people in it:

Urbanned

Is that trek you mention a part of the main quest? Doesn't ring a bell for me.

Anyhoo... Youtube has the weirdest people in it:

I think so, it's after I have to go into that dungeon that the Greybeards sent me off to to get that Horn of Jurgen someone

You can marry people in Skyrim?! I'm going to find the best broad in Skyrim - my guys going to live the life!

Eriku

Been to Forelhost, Eriku...Nills?
Yush... After you started posting about Storm Call I felt like looking my second word of power up :) Not entered the place yet, though.

I think so, it's after I have to go into that dungeon that the Greybeards sent me off to to get that Horn of Jurgen someone

You can marry people in Skyrim?! I'm going to find the best broad in Skyrim - my guys going to live the life!
AH! Yes... I remember now... Kynareth.

Marriage never appealed much to me... Maybe when I'm ready to settle instead of adventuring :)

Spoony

The People's President
:eek:

That sounds like it'll be a trial... Several of those fecks at once would make me sweat :|
It's manic in there, I remember entering a room/corridor/space and 10 red dots suddenly appeared. I don't think I've had as many enemies on my case. Mayhem. But well worth it.

Eriku

It's manic in there, I remember entering a room/corridor/space and 10 red dots suddenly appeared. I don't think I've had as many enemies on my case. Mayhem. But well worth it.
Jesus... yeah, that's worse than anything I've encountered thus far... especially if they're deathlords :|

Sounds like a job for that epic call you get after the main quest :)

I'd love to see Håkon One-Eye take them to task

Spoony

The People's President
Jesus... yeah, that's worse than anything I've encountered thus far... especially if they're deathlords :|

Sounds like a job for that epic call you get after the main quest :)

I'd love to see Håkon One-Eye take them to task
I may've been unlucky because some gamers didn't have it as bad...I think I probably rushed through...and they all followed me as a result. Oh my companions all tend to go AWOL, it's annoying sometimes. And I don't think they're all deathlords, plenty of ghosts and normal draugs too. What level are you by the way?

Eriku

I may've been unlucky because some gamers didn't have it as bad...I think I probably rushed through...and they all followed me as a result. Oh my companions all tend to go AWOL, it's annoying sometimes. And I don't think they're all deathlords, plenty of ghosts and normal draugs too. What level are you by the way?
36 I believe...

Keep in mind I've cast muffle for lolz and gotten a full 100 on Illusion, despite having only like 1 perk on that tree.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
I use whirlwind sprint most often, usually coz I'm laden with swag and dont like leaving any behind. Offensively, I've started using Slow Time, although I have to admit to rarely using shouts at all coz my bow skills mean the baddies almost never get within spitting distance.

kps88

What are these dragon masks you lot are talking about and how did you come upon them? Is there a quest which triggers them or you just found them while exploring?

Cina

If you use light armor, then for christ sakes go and get Volsung, it is epic. I got it at level 15 (though the dungeon is insanely hard at that level, as is the dragon priest) and fully upgraded it's still the best light armor in the game.

Heardy

I ordered the guidebook from amazon.com a few days ago, it arrived today. Can't believe how much stuff this book contains, it's huge. Really good price too.

Amazon.com: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide (9780307891402): David Hodgson: Books
I bought the guide too. I've tended to use it as a reference for people and/or place names more than anything.

It seems very detailed, and a bit complex in that i'd confuse myself trying to actually read it.

I've got so many different quests open at the minute though that it'll be good to try and ascertain some form of linear path through the questline (i.e. I had not idea which mission was the "Main Quest").