Gaming Elder Scrolls V

Heardy

Also, I have really neglected the magic side of things and i'm beginning to feel like i've missed out a bit.

I've completed the College Quest (with a few radiant quests still to do) but my magic stats are bleak at best. I quite like the idea of being able to cast healing spells though.

I'm hoping to try and get my head round enchanting and getting more shouts at the moment though, as these will probably help me progress tenfold, but have no idea where to start with them.

Plan M

I haven't played this for ages. Gonna get back to it tomorrow when the wife goes back to work :drool:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Not played it for a few days... I like to take a break, build up the appetite, then hammer it for a while.

Currently marching around the world with the Merc Stenvar as my follower (who is pretty bad-ass it must be said... find him to be much more useful then Lydia) and that dog Barbas, who you get during that quest "A Daedra's Best Friend" ... I'm half way through that quest and probably won't complete it until I have literally nothing left to do, as this Barbas fellow is a pretty fecking useful dog to have around, considering he's invincible and all! Bit annoying that he pushes you all the time, but I've learnt to live with it.

Plan M

I found Lydia to be a bit shit in battle - I was forever using healing hands on her to keep her alive.

She was amazin in bed tho lol x :drool:

buckooo1978

as a warrior what is the best combination?

i'm about level 12 - mainly using two handed but my block is crap and my health gets wiped out when i am in a battle

is it better to use a shield and an axe or something?

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Not played this in weeks as I have been at home for christmas and now I have loads of other games to work my way through :lol:

feck, let the dilemma begin:(

Plan M

i'm about level 12 - mainly using two handed but my block is crap and my health gets wiped out when i am in a battle

I do one handed sword and cast destruction and restoration magic with other hand.

You don't have to use a shield but seeing as you're playing as a warrior, it would make sense to. Invest in some good armor as well.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

I'm not a fan of shields, I generally go a weapon in one hand (a War Axe) and magika in the other (either healing or a destruction spell). Find healing is a much better shield then an actual shield to be honest... especially if you've levelled up your restoration.

Also, getting yourself some decent armour, improving it and leveling-up either your light or heavy armour (depending on what you're going for) so you get percentage bonuses is must I would say.

Plan M

I played as a warrior in Oblivion and the game quickly got boring for me just hacking away at every enemy.

Mix it up with magic as Skyrim allows you to play how you want - it's much more fun.

mufcwarm92

I'm basically a 2 handed berserker type, which works really well with a few heavy armour and 2 handed perks and decent levels in those stats too. It's always important to have a back up plan though. For me that's archery, which can make a big difference when you shoot enemies a couple of times from afar and then finish them off with a warhammer/greatsword/battleaxe.

Urbanned

I'm finding that at the moment against anything strong just wading in and thumping it with a mace or other 1-handed weapon while letting it hit me and continually using a healing spell is almost like hacking the game. I can beat anything like this!

Eriku

I'm finding that at the moment against anything strong just wading in and thumping it with a mace or other 1-handed weapon while letting it hit me and continually using a healing spell is almost like hacking the game. I can beat anything like this!
What about weak and pedestrian foes, like crabs? Getting battered by them or does the same approach yield as much win?

Urbanned

What about weak and pedestrian foes, like crabs? Getting battered by them or does the same approach yield as much win?
Well for them then they barely do any damage so you don't need to worry about it. I do get into problems when things like Frostbite spiders poison you, or with things really strong like Saber Cats (I'm still only level 9, remember...)

Urbanned

I was just being absurd, no need to answer. Crabs never caused anybody much trouble :lol:
One scared the shit out of me when I had barely any health left and ran out of some undergrowth at me...

I was exploring up around the iceberg bit in the North today (going to that place where you have to kill the Ice Wraith) when suddenly 2 ice wolves and a frost troll appear out of nowhere. Lydia was of course somewhere 2000 miles away from me, so I'm left to kill them on my own :lol: Luckily the fireball shout seems to be really powerful so I just managed to win.

Diablodave

I love this game... but really having major issues with freeze lag and crash. I can guarantee i will do one mission and then its all frozen.

Bethesda are really taking their time. I starting to think they actually dont know how to fix it. Its already been almost 2 months...still no patch. If history repeats itself they will ignore it and not respond as they did with Fallout (or so im lead to believe in other forums)

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What difficulty level are you playing on?

Ebony-wielding foes should force you to alter that strategy, and on master level, it'd probably be a suicidal tactic.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
This is properly starting to feck up for me now on the ps3, getting too laggy to even play the game. Getting proper into it as well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Haven't played this for a few days, been on FM. With Christmas and New Year as well I haven't had much time for it. Will get back on it soon though. Can't believe this game has lasted me still since November 11th. I still havent even finished the Modern Warfare 3 single player, forgot it even existed.

Urbanned

Haven't played this for a few days, been on FM. With Christmas and New Year as well I haven't had much time for it. Will get back on it soon though. Can't believe this game has lasted me still since November 11th. I still havent even finished the Modern Warfare 3 single player, forgot it even existed.
I've got an unopened Arkham City from Christmas that I still need to play... just not got the time!

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Feeling like a bit of a don on this, now. No destruction magic cost whatsoever, all sorts of magic resistance, daedric armour and many skills at 100. fecking about with everything even on master difficulty, and I've still got the main quest and civil war to look forward to.

My life in Skyrim >>> My life

Minkaro

I'm part of the companions, and I enrolled at the Bard's College earlier. If this doesn't mean I can play the lute whilst in werewolf form, then I'm not sure I like this game any more.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Feeling like a bit of a don on this, now. No destruction magic cost whatsoever, all sorts of magic resistance, daedric armour and many skills at 100. fecking about with everything even on master difficulty, and I've still got the main quest and civil war to look forward to.

My life in Skyrim >>> My life
You haven't done the main quests? How did you get so high a level?

jdmufc

Roboheart
River cool's where I belong, In my moysey paradise
bought a house quite early on in this game,stored a huge amount of stuff in one of the chests in my house,pressed the wrong button when taking something out of the chest and my carry load went up from 550 to 7450,it took me the best part of an hour to put all the crap back. :(

Heardy

bought a house quite early on in this game,stored a huge amount of stuff in one of the chests in my house,pressed the wrong button when taking something out of the chest and my carry load went up from 550 to 7450,it took me the best part of an hour to put all the crap back. :(
:lol: Been there mate, I feel your pain.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Surely the game would have autosaved when you first went into the house?

Urbanned

Not liking being a higher level now, getting all sort of shit when I'm out and about. Was on my way to Riften (which is a TREK, by the way) when I get attacked by a few wolves - not a problem I thought. They get joined by 2 frostbite spiders, some more wolves and a sabercat. While I'm getting mauled, I suddenly get engulfed in flames - a fecking dragon is hovering right about me, toasting me alive.

No idea how I got out of that one.

Spoony

The People's President
I completed Dragonslayer... on my return to Skyrim will I be worshipped by the masses or will they be ungrateful cnuts? By the way, has anyone tried the Call of Valor shout?

Eriku

Call of Valor is good stuffs... get Hakon One-eye to help you out for a Dremora sized spot of time... Fairly effective, too :)

Guards seem to voice their appreciation over what you've done... And a few others, I think.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I'm really not sure, it's not on Master though. I find it doesn't work on anything stronger than a Frost Troll or a Giant.
tbh, sword wielding is really difficult even when you've got yourself levelled up on Master level, which is why I asked.

I still can't go 'hand-to-hand' with a dragon that I've grounded without getting flung 30ft across the screen and/or decapitated :lol:

Bears, giants and ebony-wielding Deathlords also take massive chunks of energy when they land a blow.

I completed Dragonslayer... on my return to Skyrim will I be worshipped by the masses or will they be ungrateful cnuts? By the way, has anyone tried the Call of Valor shout?
Did this last night, felt sorry for Alduin in the end and that the final battle was massively anti-climatic because of how powerful me and my cohorts were. One Dragonrend and the poor fecker was done for as he was hacked to bits from evey concievable angle.

Bathseda really should have made Alduin levels and levels above what ever you are when you go and fight him; I feel like all my adventuring - and all the levelling up by way of that - has worked against me now. Like, I should've gone and fought him when my character was much weaker and there was an element of risk and doubt as to the outcome of the battle.

Going to have do it all again anyway as I've somehow managed to lose my Wooden Mask and have yet to get the ninth Daedric one.

D J Dog Toffee

I love the shield! The power-bash you can pull off (which levels up quite nicely to boot) is great. It allows you to disrupt enemies attacks, which combined with a one handed weapon, makes for a cool fight.

You can level it up to enter slow-mo during their power attack as well, which makes it great for breaking their attack and avoiding big damage.

mufcwarm92

There's that route, or there's the route where you persist with two handed for a bit until it is quite ridiculously powerful. There's a lot of satisfaction in being able to charge into a room with heavy armour and just swing like mad. Probably good to have a back up plan like archery or destruction magic if it all goes tits up though.

What I would say is try to make the decision between 1 and 2 handed quickly, you don't want to spread your skills too thinly as enemies level.