Elon Musk | Owner of X

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So he could be buying it to effectively buy a future president and get whatever he wants.

Or he could be buying it to try and genuinely revolutionise social media as he has said, which means combatting its main problem - Its massive boatloads of disinformation and use as a political manipulation tool for the far/alt-right. If he has some idea how to do that.

I've always got the impression he leans toward saving the world rather than destroying it so one can hope huh.
I don't see him becoming a champion of the far/alt-right personally, it could destroy him/his work.
He's made it clear that he's all for "free speech", so all those far/alt-right accounts and Trump will be coming back.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be fair, extremist have thin skin, we can bully them into leaving twitter.

mu4c_20le

Dumb move for him as he'll get blamed for everything and anything that has to do with twitter. Like the next insurrection.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He's made it clear that he's all for "free speech", so all those far/alt-right accounts and Trump will be coming back.

Does this mean whistleblowers at Tesla will be able to share their views openly without fear of reprisal and on Twitter, too?

evil_geko

Good, any change is good, can't be worse than currently, Twitter became a cesspool.

Simbo

He's also made it clear he's going to totally destroy the bot networks that support them.

I'm no fan of the guy by any stretch, just not totally in the "evil billionaire" camp. Media moguls shouldn't exist at all but there are much much worse out there than I expect this guy to be, but then he's only getting started...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Good, any change is good, can't be worse than currently, Twitter became a cesspool.
And Elon Musk is the answer to that?

If you were a fireman you’d be ready to put it out with gasoline.

evil_geko

And Elon Musk is the answer to that?

If you were a fireman you’d be ready to put it out with gasoline.
I never said it is answer to anything, but I can't see it being worse, because it is at the bottom now, can't go lower.

Suv666

Ah man the far right across the world are rejoicing right now

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
use it similarly to what forums (like this) are supposed to be used - the subreddit i used to post on got banned, so many of us moved to twitter, and basically 90% of my tweets/replies are for that same circle of people. the rest of it is gawking at something stupid some (relative) big name said or scrolling through a hysterical version of news.
r/The_Donald?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What a total cretin of a human being that man is. All that money and all the good he could have done with it and he spunks it away on a social media platform.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
We should start an advertising campaign, stating that we're better moderated than Twitter and that the community is less toxic.
bite

mu4c_20le

What a total cretin of a human being that man is. All that money and all the good he could have done with it and he spunks it away on a social media platform.
Yeah but haven't you heard? Tesla is already doing a lot for the climate.