End of Season. Moyes to Stay or Go Poll

End of season, Moyes to stay or go?

• Total voters

Revan

Assumptionman
I still don't get that first question, if he doesn't get sacked that means what?

For your rephrase, I'd like to think we'd be up there challenging.
I didn't write it well? My question was similarilty to 'do you think that Moyes will be the right manager for us, if we give him time?'.

Also, do you think that we will be there challenging or do you 'like to think' that? I like to thing that I will win a Turing awards but I don't think that I will be near that.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Anyone who reckons he deserves more time must be a headbanger, its the only explanation.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I doubt if Moyes was given a one year contract at the begining of this season, the board would have reknewed it by season ends.

I believe if Moyes is to go this summer, he might aswell leave right now and give the new manager or his assistant time to analyze the squad in order to rebuild in the summer.

Triple.Threat

GO with an immediate effect, shown nothing to make anyone says he's worthy of the job. Completely of out off his depth. He could never adapt tactically and switch it around when things aren't going well. Very predictable and so easy to outsmart.

No need to end of season review, decision should have been made already by the board and directors. The only way i see us going is down with him in charge.

the sooner the better.

Tomalonge

I didn't write it well? My question was similarilty to 'do you think that Moyes will be the right manager for us, if we give him time?'.
I'm still not sure about that yet, in all honesty. He's in charge though and has my support.
Also, do you think that we will be there challenging or do you 'like to think' that? I like to thing that I will win a Turing awards but I don't think that I will be near that.
I think with investment in the squad he could get us firing on all cylinders, yes. Not 100% sure, but not completely sure he can't either.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm still not sure about that yet, in all honesty. He's in charge though and has my support.
That is for another debate. My question was more about how do you think that things will go with him in charge which you replied in the following post. Cheers!

I think with investment in the squad he could get us firing on all cylinders, yes. Not 100% sure, but not completely sure he can't either.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
I voted go, what if big name players won't sign for us in the summer, not because of CL but because of the manager? We could end up signing panic buys again.
Thats why i said on another thread that Moyes & Ed should feck the pre-season tour & get stuck into gettin transfers sorted. We wont get anything sorted before the World Cup & then the players go on their hols & we're booked for a feckin pre-season tour of the states ffs. Its gonna be a shambles like last summer if Moyes & Ed dont have all their time dedicated to bringin in world class players - not this promotion bullshit. Time to feckin realise whats more important.

Shit team = loss of revenue for the money-men...

Acquire Me

The problem for me is that he cant do better than this with our current squad. What evidence is there that tell us that he will be great with some new players?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The best moment united wise this season would be if moyes got sacked. There really has been nothing to get excited about other then signing mata and Januzaj coming through.
Guess if he got sacked it'd be a way to end the season on a high note and get us optimistic for the summer again.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
If polls are to be believed, about the same share of Caf members believe they have been abducted by aliens as want Moyes to stay.

Gaeilge

I have supported the man through all agony this season. After all, they are pretty big shoes to fill. Also, we can't expect to win the title every fecking season. What I saw prior to kick off was continued positivity form the West Brom game. He lined out with the strongest XI he could. Vidic was brought in because Smalling is out injured and Evans is still not ready. I was worried about this but that don't matter now.

What I saw during the game is what worried me tremendously and because of that, I would like him to go now. After ten minutes it was blatantly obvious that we needed to change things around. We had no threat in attack with people making moves for passes and Danny was the obvious option. To wait near 75 minutes to make any sort of a change was ludicrous. To top it all off, ignore the fact that we've gone a man down, concede again and THEN bring on Rio. FFS, I can't back the man anymore. He showed me nothing today to justify his position as Manchester United manager. This is not knee jerk, this is realism.

If we have a stroke of a possibility of attracting Klopp to the club, we had better buy the car to collect him and then buy the plane to fly him to Manchester. This needs to be done if it can be done. We're never going to fall away to mediocrity - the club is too big in stature and too many people have invested fortunes into the club. Missing proper European football and potentially second grade European football will not be tolerated by hierarchy though. I'm afraid to say that it is now time to shift him off. Champions league match on Wednesday night is the only thing that is keeping him in a job right now IMO.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Feck me. Even Niall wants him gone. Read that again. Niall wants Moyes gone.

So does GB on the matchday thread.

Franq

I've been a fan of United since Ruud joined (some 2 years after i began to follow football in general). Although i am not a Manchester local, nor a die hard fan that is able to go to all the matches, i've always watched every game broadcasted over here.... I havent visited this site in a long time but given the developments of late, I was curious how you guys felt... Never in the time that i've been following United I've felt as bad about the team and its performance as i did the past couple of months... I just dont believe David is the right man, and I hope he is replaced sooner than later with someone who - nevermind immediate results - is able to at least show some consistent good football and put some spirit in some of our players... i want to be able to look forward to watching our team destroy the opposition again, instead of fearing another embarrasment like today's....

Plugsy

For me it isn't just the poor performances or the results, although obviously these aren't irrelevant to my feelings. For me it's he seems incapable of reacting to the reality of things. Whether we're talking how we play or who we play; he seems to take nothing in, seems to learn from nothing. Our problems are mounting up and the very first ones he had are not solved or even close to being addressed.

RVP and Rooney aren't playing well together? Just persevere

System not working? Just keep on doing it.

Mata and Januzaj less effective when out wide? Try it over and over again until it works.

He solves nothing and what's worse is that I doubt if he thinks there's anything to solve. Wouldn't shock me if he just thinks we're perpetually unlucky. His failure to address any issue to date indicates that this is probably the case.

Moriarty

I have supported the man through all agony this season. After all, they are pretty big shoes to fill. Also, we can't expect to win the title every fecking season. What I saw prior to kick off was continued positivity form the West Brom game. He lined out with the strongest XI he could. Vidic was brought in because Smalling is out injured and Evans is still not ready. I was worried about this but that don't matter now.

What I saw during the game is what worried me tremendously and because of that, I would like him to go now. After ten minutes it was blatantly obvious that we needed to change things around. We had no threat in attack with people making moves for passes and Danny was the obvious option. To wait near 75 minutes to make any sort of a change was ludicrous. To top it all off, ignore the fact that we've gone a man down, concede again and THEN bring on Rio. FFS, I can't back the man anymore. He showed me nothing today to justify his position as Manchester United manager. This is not knee jerk, this is realism.

If we have a stroke of a possibility of attracting Klopp to the club, we had better buy the car to collect him and then buy the plane to fly him to Manchester. This needs to be done if it can be done. We're never going to fall away to mediocrity - the club is too big in stature and too many people have invested fortunes into the club. Missing proper European football and potentially second grade European football will not be tolerated by hierarchy though. I'm afraid to say that it is now time to shift him off. Champions league match on Wednesday night is the only thing that is keeping him in a job right now IMO.
Don't say that as it has happened before, and just six years after winning the European Cup. It happened to Forest, it happened to Liverpool, and it happened to Leeds.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Neil Buchanan wants him to stay though... probably wants us to keep this sort of shit up so it'll give him a heArt Attack.

... I can only apologies.

Enigma_87

You know who

Everyone with half a brain will want him gone after the season - that is if the poll is for United supporters, I'm sure rival supporters will want him to stay.

FujiVice

What's the ideal scenario if we sack him in the next few weeks? Would you put Giggs in charge until the end of the season? Would you keep Moyes staff around until the end of the season and then tell them where to go as well? Would you bring in a temp coach from the outside, like Gary Neville or something? If he goes in the near future how would you want us to handle it?

Will Absolute

Nine 'stay' votes at the moment.

I understand where holyland red is coming from. His people are used to thinking long term. If the jews can return to the promised land after 2000 years, David Moyes can become a winner on a similar timescale.

There's no excuse for the other 8 posters though.

Enigma_87

You know who
What's the ideal scenario if we sack him in the next few weeks? Would you put Giggs in charge until the end of the season? Would you keep Moyes staff around until the end of the season and then tell them where to go as well? Would you bring in a temp coach from the outside, like Gary Neville or something? If he goes in the near future how would you want us to handle it?
The ideal scenario would be, Rodgers taking over Barca and Moyes Liverpool.

FujiVice

Oh, should be noted I accidentally pressed "stay". I swear the words were so small on my phone I thought it said "sack".

Enigma_87

You know who
And we get Pep?
:drool:
Simeone :drool:

I understand where holyland red is coming from. If the jews can return to the promised land after 2000 years, David Moyes can become a winner on a similar timescale. His people are used to thinking long term.

14. But 1 is Everton supporter, I imagine a lot others as well...

Gaeilge

Don't say that as it has happened before, and just six years after winning the European Cup. It happened to Forest, it happened to Liverpool, and it happened to Leeds.
I know that but with all due respect, times have changed in football and none of those clubs were the all powerful Manchester United. We as a club are a global printing press for money and no business men in their right mind are going to allow that to deteriorate.

Nike are on the cusp of a multi-million deal and that US firm Baron Capitol is after buying more shares in the club. People don't this if a) the club is about to go into decline or b) they will not let it go into decline. Have a bit of faith pal.

Kag

Warren Joyce until the end of the season.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

I understand where holyland red is coming from. If the jews can return to the promised land after 2000 years, David Moyes can become a winner on a similar timescale. His people are used to thinking long term.

Get a grip. Everybody have their reasons and ultimately club's board will decide, so no need to get too dramatic about it.

Devil may care

I can't see why anyone would want him to stay, I've not seen anything in our performances that suggest he has us heading in the right direction or that he can motivate the players.

We are likely to finish in the same spot as Liverpool last season but with them you could see Rodgers ideas and vision for the club and how he wanted them to play was taking shape by the second half of the season, so there was reason for them to hope. In Moyes case we have gotten worse as the4 season has went on, he has spent £65M and the team has regressed. We all knew this was going to be a tough season and that the team was not the golden championship winning team that the points gap win last season made it look. However the fact he has made us so much worse is impossible to ignore, he has to go, nothing will get better at United until he does.