g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

End of Season. Moyes to Stay or Go Poll

End of season, Moyes to stay or go?

• Total voters

Gannicus

Anyone really. Get meulensteen and Phelan back in the backroom staff, sack moyes, woods and the other people who run the trainings and just use somebody as caretaker manager. Who's the reserve team manager? Or even giggs like Swansea are doing with Monk. They'll know it's temporary but the players will sure as hell respect them a lot more then the current group.
If he has the proper badges, we could go with Giggs. I'm not sure it's a great idea, but the house is on fire and something needs to get done. But I'm willing to stick out through the end. Theoretically we could drop down to 8th or 9th but I really don't see that happening. May isn't that far away and the mare will over soon.

kps88

We can but as I said my other post, it would be very disrespectful. If it came out that we asked a club permission to speak to their manager behind Moyes back it would show the Club in a very bad light.
I think it happens a lot in football. Doesn't have to be an official approach; something like a feeler put out through intermediaries. Otherwise sacking him becomes an even bigger risk. What happens if we sack him and there's no good enough replacements available/interested?

Kag

Giggs doesn't strike me as management material whatsoever, I don't understand why his name is always mentioned in the discussion. A coach, perhaps, I don't see a manager there, though.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Oh, should be noted I accidentally pressed "stay". I swear the words were so small on my phone I thought it said "sack".
'Sack' or 'go' would be much better options :lol:

Vinay

Muppet in Training
I would seriously think that it is important from here to take things baby steps at a time. We clearly need to ensure that we are building for the future and that we are not panicking in the process. The deliberate way would be to blood theungsters at the club and let them get the club back up. I'm almost wishing that we do not qualify for Europe and that we can have the opportunity to let these youngsters (Nick Powell, Davide Petrucci, Jesse Lingard etc.) be given a chance to get their chance at the club. We might as well offload some of the big salaried guys to let a new dynamism and spirit take root from grass roots.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm sure they are quite happy, seeing as most of them are probably Liverpool and Arsenal fans! (based on previous polls).
Not in this poll. All posters who voted stay and that I know from other threads are United fan. As far as I can see, there is no opposite fan this time.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I voted stay but not because I'm a 'wummish lunatic'. You could write a book on our demise this season, in fact I'm sure there'll be numerous studies done on it in the future, but it isn't simply down to one thing. This squad is ageing, Carrick looks finished, Evra is on his last legs, Vidic and Ferdinand are done, these have been massive players for us. You add that to the obvious deficiencies, Valencia, Young and Nani being absolutely useless for differing reasons, Cleverley being nothing more than a squad player, and it isn't all down to the manager. And then there's the fact he took over from a sporting institution, a man who these players would and have ran through brick walls for, and you have to conclude a drop in performance level was not only natural, but inevitable regardless of who was in charge.

However, I'm not excusing Moyes of blame. His tactics this season have been woeful, we don't create chances, our tempo is too slow, and today he really was absolutely schooled. Everyone can see Rooney is playing too high up, everyone can see we need to play three in midfielder against the better sides, everyone can see certain players have played too much and others too little. He's also far too passive in terms of substitutions and seems to lack the ability to analyse games from the bench and change them. I also don't agree with his signings, this forum went wild when Mata signed, my own opinion was and still is he lacks the mobility to play the role we want from him, and the less said about Fellaini the better (he's played well recently but I don't think he's the type of central midfielder top clubs require). Despite all this, I still haven't got to the point of no return, the point where I know FOR DEFINITE that Moyes is the key contributing factor behind this demise. I voted stay for this reason, however my actual opinion is that I'm still undecided, but come Thursday I think I'll know for sure where I stand.

Getsme

I think it happens a lot in football. Doesn't have to be an official approach; something like a feeler put out through intermediaries. Otherwise sacking him becomes an even bigger risk. What happens if we sack him and there's no good enough replacements available/interested?
I agree that it happens, managers getting sacked on a Monday and replaced on a Tuesday would suggest that it's a common occurrence.
Sacking him isn't as big a risk as keeping him and letting him rebuild the team. It's still the biggest job in football, I'd imagine there are quite a few who would be more than interested.

Gannicus

I don't think he's had enough time yet. I'm waiting to see what he does with the summer, if he gets the right players and things start gelling next season he could still make it work. If he doesn't and by December we're still underachieving then I'll be quite happy to show him the door myself.

I've not said once that he's going to be a nailed on success, I've still yet to decide, and my view is a long term one that I appreciate not everyone will share. It's not like I've suddenly decided he's the man for the job, I don't know that, I just haven't decided that he isn't either yet. I've the patience of a musician, getting it wrong is a hell of a way of learning quickly.
Where I part ways with you is my lack of trust in him to get the right players. We saw what happened last summer. Moyes's record in the past is one of finding young players and making a tidy profit on the sale while maintainin comfortable midtable status. Great stuff, no doubt about it, but it's hardly the record of a manager who can compete with Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger and their ilk.

Today's result doesn't bother me that much (two freak pk's, a pure dive that won a pk and then a lucky bounce that found Suarez). The results that bother me are West Brom, Newcastle, Tottenham and Fulham at OT. Those 11 points dropped (if my math is correct) were beyond belief.

kps88

I agree that it happens, managers getting sacked on a Monday and replaced on a Tuesday would suggest that it's a common occurrence.
Sacking him isn't as big a risk as keeping him and letting him rebuild the team. It's still the biggest job in football, I'd imagine there are quite a few who would be more than interested.
I agree with all that. Just think we might as well keep him till the end of the season rather than appoint a caretaker who would be coming in to a no win situation. Sacking him now with no replacements lined up would be a risk.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
I voted stay but not because I'm a 'wummish lunatic'. You could write a book on our demise this season, in fact I'm sure there'll be numerous studies done on it in the future, but it isn't simply down to one thing. This squad is ageing, Carrick looks finished, Evra is on his last legs, Vidic and Ferdinand are done, these have been massive players for us. You add that to the obvious deficiencies, Valencia, Young and Nani being absolutely useless for differing reasons, Cleverley being nothing more than a squad player, and it isn't all down to the manager. And then there's the fact he took over from a sporting institution, a man who these players would and have ran through brick walls for, and you have to conclude a drop in performance level was not only natural, but inevitable regardless of who was in charge.

However, I'm not excusing Moyes of blame. His tactics this season have been woeful, we don't create chances, our tempo is too slow, and today he really was absolutely schooled. Everyone can see Rooney is playing too high up, everyone can see we need to play three in midfielder against the better sides, everyone can see certain players have played too much and others too little. He's also far too passive in terms of substitutions and seems to lack the ability to analyse games from the bench and change them. I also don't agree with his signings, this forum went wild when Mata signed, my own opinion was and still is he lacks the mobility to play the role we want from him, and the less said about Fellaini the better (he's played well recently but I don't think he's the type of central midfielder top clubs require). Despite all this, I still haven't got to the point of no return, the point where I know FOR DEFINITE that Moyes is the key contributing factor behind this demise. I voted stay for this reason, however my actual opinion is that I'm still undecided, but come Thursday I think I'll know for sure where I stand.
Have to respect this. Don't agree-and emotions are running pretty high today. Still-no use in questioning the bona fides of people who still back Moyes-as there was no reason to question the bona fides of people who wanted Moyes out earlier than the Olympiacos game.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Just looked at the poll, and it's currently 17 stay vs 204 go. 221 total. 92% want Moyes to go.
Pretty much explains how the majority us feel about him. His position is untenable I'd argue.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
Giggs doesn't strike me as management material whatsoever, I don't understand why his name is always mentioned in the discussion. A coach, perhaps, I don't see a manager there, though.
I raised Giggs as a potential interim manager only. At this point he can do no worse than Moyes for the rest of the season.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This he needs time nonsense has to stop. He isn't struggling to win the league with us, he is struggling to make a team of champions look like anything other than a bunch of useless gits.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Do you honestly think we cannot find a manager better than Moyes this coming Summer with so many managers finishing their contract after the World Cup? or even stealing one from basically any side in the world bar the top 10 or so?

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
This he needs time nonsense has to stop. He isn't struggling to win the league with us, he is struggling to make a team of champions look like anything other than a bunch of useless gits.
He's certainly not needed time to turn the reigning champions into a bunch of gimps!

It took about a month since he was handed the reigns for that to happen.

kps88

Do you honestly think we cannot find a manager better than Moyes this coming Summer with so many managers finishing their contract after the World Cup? or even stealing one from basically any side in the world bar the top 10 or so?
For me, if we sack him, it has to be for someone experienced and with trophies to their name. No point going for someone marginally better or taking a risk on someone who could become great.

Getsme

For me, if we sack him, it has to be for someone experienced and with trophies to their name. No point going for someone marginally better or taking a risk on someone who could become great.
I agree, however I'd be happy with a manager that could first and foremost stamp his authority and vision into the team. That's what we are lacking at the moment, a team with no style, no direction, no leadership, no confidence and amazingly no belief. If a manager can get that back, the trophies will follow.
The players are good, better than most teams, but without a leader they are lost.

Gaeilge

I do have faith and always have, but I've seen it before and history does have a habit of repeating itself. I don't know what the ramifications of Baron's purchase might be but without serious investment, things could get nasty.
There will be investment pal. I don't say that lightly or in hope but, how could there not be?

My hope - my great great hope, is for Jurgen Klopp to entertain the prospect of managing the biggest club in England. With that, convincing Reus and Gundogan (if I can be as extreme, also Hummels) to come with him. He can then do his magic then and formulate a formation that incorporates both Mata and Kagawa and BOOM! We can all smile again.

Steven Seagull

Losing Moyes and his cronies now would probably give everyone a lift. I think we'd be just as good with no manager.

If Fergie left last year and we didn't appoint a new manager or just let the kit man pick the team we'd be miles better off.

Cal?

CR7 fan
So how many managers are out of our budget/range? The managers of City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve, maybe Dortmund and Liverpool.

Out of all the other managers on the planet we cannot find one that's an improvement on Moyes/

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
He has to go. Why can we say a player is a good player, just not fit for United style of play, or that he's not United quality, or simply that it didn't work out , but can't apply that towards a manager. Any manager. If Moyes was a player, would you have kept him in the starting XI ? He obviously has skills, but so many others would have been happy to have those same players and done better. Asking for investments and blaming it on that, just proves that he's not good enough to make it with the current squad. And the squad has enough quality to be top 4

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If there is no top class manager available, surely its better to give a chance to a manager who has proven to be successful playing attacking football? Moyes isn't going to turn it around, no matter how much he spends. If there really is no top class manager willing to join United (impossible), then we'd still be better off going for somebody who might become a top manager one day and get us playing attacking football at the very least. It would be a huge improvement on this season. If a minor improvement is all we can do, we should still do it as its still an improvement. Lets be honest here, it's almost impossible that the next manager, whoever it is, will be as shite as Moyes has been. In fact I don't think even Moyes would do as poorly if he took over from somebody else doing this poorly, if that makes sense. He's had bad luck mixed with terrible decisions on his part and got so many things wrong that he's reached the point of no return I'm afraid.

MoskvaRed

93% nearly! I thought Moyes looked awful today - the man must be under horrendous stress. I can see him walking at the end of the season. I don't think he is a charlatan as some have indicated. He is doing his best but just not cut out for this level.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
For me, if we sack him, it has to be for someone experienced and with trophies to their name.
I find this an odd view to take. Just because Moyes was a manager who hadn't won anything and turned out a complete disaster, it doesn't mean every other one will be the same. Maybe I'm not aware, but what did Rodgers, conte and klopp win before taking over at Liverpool, juve and Dortmund respectively.

I want a manager who has fresh and modern ideas on football and great potential rather than someone dull who has a few trophies.

kps88

So how many managers are out of our budget/range? The managers of City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real, Barca, Bayern, Juve, maybe Dortmund and Liverpool.

Out of all the other managers on the planet we cannot find one that's an improvement on Moyes/
The aim has to be to get someone who is much more than just "an improvement on Moyes". I have no idea what is possible with regards to luring potential managers but I'd still like to think we're a big draw for most managers out there.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I find this an odd view to take. Just because Moyes was a manager who hadn't won anything and turned out a complete disaster, it doesn't mean every other one will be the same. Maybe I'm not aware, but what did Rodgers, conte and klopp win before taking over at Liverpool, juve and Dortmund respectively.

I want a manager who has fresh and modern ideas on football and great potential rather than someone dull who has a few trophies.
Ideally, a mix of both is what we need.

redspoony

With no hesitation, he's got to go.
The only 3 positives about his first season are bringing Januzaj through, signing Mata and persuading Rooney to stay.

I can't think of a single highlight on the pitch that hasn't been followed by either mediocrity or utter rubbish.

The players have no idea what the game plan is and no spring in their step.

Get rid, lest the appalling football and excuses persist.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
With no hesitation, he's got to go.
The only 3 positives about his first season are bringing Januzaj through, signing Mata and persuading Rooney to stay.

I can't think of a single highlight on the pitch that hasn't been followed by either mediocrity or utter rubbish.

The players have no idea what the game plan is and no spring in their step.

Get rid, lest the appalling football and excuses persist.
Although him signing mata was a positive, he's looked a shadow of the player he was at Chelsea. A bit like what's happened with pretty much every other player under him.