End of Season. Moyes to Stay or Go Poll

End of season, Moyes to stay or go?

• Total voters

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Must be why the team can't pass to each other.
The kit man leaving changes everything, he certainly needs more time if the kit man left, i was wondering why the players were running around naked during one of the games

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Decisions should be made based on your opinion of DM as a manager - not on United's policy of backing managers, as that's a load of tosh. The only manager who really got backing was Fergie. We might not have implemented knee-jerk sackings, but we didn't stick long with managers when it was going wrong.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
The kit man leaving changes everything, he certainly needs more time if the kit man left, i was wondering why the players were running around naked during one of the games
That might work. Seeing Fellaini naked would mortify the majority of teams that play us.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
If we could entice Klopp or Simeone that would be ideal. Realistically though, we should go for Pochettino. Good young manager with an attacking mentality and who excels as a technical coach.
I think we can pull a huge manager given what club we are talking about.

Tomalonge

That might work. Seeing Fellaini naked would mortify the majority of teams that play us.
Remember the commentators when he had to change his shorts today because of the blood? One said look away if you're of a nervous disposition, then Gary Neville said "Or take a closer look if you fancy it" or something to that effect, made me laugh.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
If he goes he needs to go now and we need to get an agreement in place with his successor so we don't end up with another preseason/transfer window being written off

SER19

if he does go there can be nothing but the best to replace him. no gambles on the likes of pochettino or martinez, all this talk of money to spend on players would be better thrown at a top class manager should they decide to sack moyes. Klopp, ancellotti, mourinho, guardiola, possibly simeone. these are the calibre we should be talking and absolutely nothing below it. its quite clear the players arent mentally tough enough to play for a manager they dont deem good enough.

MDFC Manager

I dont even think its the kit man leaving. Its the change of pitch that ruined us :(

MDFC Manager

if he does go there can be nothing but the best to replace him. no gambles on the likes of pochettino or martinez, all this talk of money to spend on players would be better thrown at a top class manager should they decide to sack moyes. Klopp, ancellotti, mourinho, guardiola, possibly simeone. these are the calibre we should be talking and absolutely nothing below it. its quite clear the players arent mentally tough enough to play for a manager they dont deem good enough.
Fully agreed.

Someone

Something
If we don't make it against Olympiakos he should go, simply to give us a chance to find a replacement and work out what needs to be done in the summer, with nine games to go in the league there's absolutely nothing to play for anymore, i don't care if giggs is in charge for the rest of the season, it's just not working.

IhabX7

Who do you think will be available to replace him in the summer? (I don't think he will get sacked before next January)

Shark

@NotShark
If we don't make it against Olympiakos he should go, simply to give us a chance to find a replacement and work out what needs to be done in the summer, with nine games to go in the league there's absolutely nothing to play for anymore, i don't care if giggs is in charge for the rest of the season, it's just not working.
Why on earth would that be the final straw, when we've just been stuffed at home to fecking Liverpool? I'm convinced that he won't be sacked this season, even if he pissed on SAF's statue. The problem is, the longer he stays, the further our standards drop. Look how far he's lowed them within the space of a few months. It honestly feels like he's genuinely setting out to burn the club down to the ground, he's been that awful.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I voted "go" but thinking about it a bit more, I'd give him another season. I don't think he should be given the full budget to spend though, he should be made to prove that he's got something about him tactically etc before being given a blank chequebook. He's spent £65m already and we're no better, and I don't think it's a problem that will be solved just by throwing money at it.

Last edited:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I'd love Klopp, but there is no chance it's happening. He's staying at Dortmund. He is the manager who money can't buy.

Van Gaal could be good for a shout term shout. It never lasts with him, but for a few seasons he would have us challenging and playing good football.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I voted "go" but in hindsight I'd give him another season. I don't think he should be given the full budget to spend though, he should be made to prove that he's got something about him tactically etc before being given a blank chequebook. He's spent £65m already and we're no better, and I don't think it's a problem that will be solved just by throwing money at it.
In hindsight? What has changed since you voted 'go'?

I guess you mean the 'go' was knee jerk?

So you think he should have another season, but spend no money, in the hope he shows some sort of tactical nous (that he hasn't shown in a whole season so far) and then be given money to hopefully have a good third season?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He should have gone months ago. He is out of his depth and should never have been appointed in the first place.

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
To be honest, forget the end of the season - the more I've thought about it this evening, the more I'd have him gone right now and put Giggs in as caretaker until the end of the season.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I voted "go" but in hindsight I'd give him another season. I don't think he should be given the full budget to spend though, he should be made to prove that he's got something about him tactically etc before being given a blank chequebook. He's spent £65m already and we're no better, and I don't think it's a problem that will be solved just by throwing money at it.
This is the worst case scenario for me, if he stays he has to be backed fully, otherwise there's absolutely no point in him staying, it will just set us back even further. Whether Moyes stays or not, this squad needs to be overhauled.

Diabo_Sam

Nine 'stay' votes at the moment.

I understand where holyland red is coming from. His people are used to thinking long term. If the jews can return to the promised land after 2000 years, David Moyes can become a winner on a similar timescale.

There's no excuse for the other 8 posters though.
:lol:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
How has your hindsight made things better can I ask?

Several hours later, and with time for reflect, my opinion of him has just got worse and worse.

IhabX7

Klopp is very loyal to Dortmund is my main concern, his only other aspiration is German national coach.

Klopp is the coach I 100% want but I just doubt it.
Didn't Klopp extend his contract recently?

AlwaysRedwood

We're pretty far into the season for me to have absolutely no idea what in the feck his plan is.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Was just testing polls are still working ;)

In all the years of Liverpool's mediocrity and our dominance, did we ever go to Anfield and utterly own Liverpool in the manner they did us today at Old Trafford?

Even when Liverpool were under Hodgson and we were all over them with Berbatov getting a hat-trick they still put up a good fight and got back into the game at one point.

There is something very wrong with the team and when a group of players with that much talent plays in that manner, in such a big game, it's the manager and his staff that needs to be looked at.

Moyes is looking more and more out of his depth. We have seen no signs of progression or improvement, quite the opposite, and I don't trust him anymore to make us a success next season and beyond.
You're preaching to the wrong crowd, here boss. I want him gone since that Newcastle game. We brought him in as an experience manager, not a rookie. And at this point of his career and age, what we see right now, is what we'll see in the future. There won't be a drastic change. There's a zero chance he'll turn into some sort of footballing genius manager in the future. Absolutely no chance.

And there's NO previous achievements which make you think he might turn this around. That's what separate him, with the like of AVB.

The boards made a massive gamble with him (and I totally understand the reasons), but it just doesn't work sadly. If we spunk 200m this summer, of course things will improve. But won't be to the height United is supposed to be.

Last edited:

nimic

something nice
Scout
He should go right away. I don't think he will, though, it almost seems like he's unsackable. Honestly, provided we don't perform a miracle against Olympiakos, our season is over. I see no reason at all to keep Moyes on for the remainder of the season "just for the hell of it". I'd even take Giggs or someone else as the interim manager while we look for a replacement to come in either during the season or more likely the summer. If the situation in the locker room is as dire as I think it is, the simple act of removing Moyes could bring something back to the players and maybe, just maybe we could do something against Olympiakos.

I don't think it's going to happen - I think he's going to be here for the remainder of the season, though I can't for the life of me figure out why - but he might just get sacked if we lose on wednesday.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
And who takes over for Moyes for our last handful of matches? Phil Neville? He was a roaming clusterfukk as a player and I shudder to think what he would do to us as a manager.
He's a good servant to the club. Maybe a bit respect should be shown?

Ringo 07

I find this an odd view to take. Just because Moyes was a manager who hadn't won anything and turned out a complete disaster, it doesn't mean every other one will be the same. Maybe I'm not aware, but what did Rodgers, conte and klopp win before taking over at Liverpool, juve and Dortmund respectively.

I want a manager who has fresh and modern ideas on football and great potential rather than someone dull who has a few trophies.
This

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
If we spunked £200m in the summer on world class players and got someone like Pochettino in, we'd be challenging for the title again in my view. We need someone who knows how he wants to play.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Respect isn't a perquisite, its earned
Treating humans with basic level of respect is. Agreed I don't think Moyes is in anyway fit for the role, and I also think Phil is experienced enough to be a backroom staff at a club here...
I was more replying to Gannicus' insulting comment about Phil.