End of Season. Moyes to Stay or Go Poll

End of season, Moyes to stay or go?

• Total voters

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This surely must be the high turnout on the Caf poll?

I can't ever remember 320 people voting on a poll here.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Im in two minds here.

I never wanted him in the first place, can't see many positives so far but changing him now would be too soon. If he carries like that till December than we should sack him and sue for damages. so ...stay with a licence till December.

Varun

Staff
I know but bugging me that after all the damage he's done, if we sack him he would walk away with that amount of money.
One pays the price for insanely stupid decisions. Not only did we take a punt on someone with no credentials for the job, we gave him a 6yr contract.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I was all for giving him till next December, and seeing how he fares after a proper transfer window. But i'm starting to think that if we can bring in one of the more experienced managers (ie Van Gaal, Hiddink, Klopp etc...), we should go for it.

Rednails

I cannot understand why some people are still saying he should be given until Xmas. It is obvious that this man hasn't got a feckin clue so all the transfer money in the world won't make any difference. If they can't see that, they must be blind.

Castia

Im in two minds here.

I never wanted him in the first place, can't see many positives so far but changing him now would be too soon. If he carries like that till December than we should sack him and sue for damages. so ...stay with a licence till December.
No thanks, the thought of giving this guy the summer transfer budget is scary.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I cannot understand why some people are still saying he should be given until Xmas. It is obvious that this man hasn't got a feckin clue so all the transfer money in the world won't make any difference. If they can't see that, they must be blind.
Many people here think that Klopp would have been a fantastic choice. But Klopp says that to win a game players need to run more than opponents. in my opinion with current crop of players Klopp would struggle as well.

What im saying is this: great coach would adjust his tactics to the squad Fergie left, Moyes wants his squad adjust to his tactics. Since he is our manager now we should give him a chance to bring the players he wants. The good thing is- he is targeting top players who will be here even if hes sacked.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You could see how much this was killing Ferguson yesterday.

26 years to knock Liverpool off their fecking perch and in a single season Moyes looks to have given them a boost back up there. Sickening.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Time breeds consistency - tantamount to how much your manager is able to achieve - time does not necessarily breed success.

Forever Red

He has to go and the sooner the better. I've nothing against him personally I'm sure he's a nice bloke but he's not a winner.
I'm still annoyed we didn't go all out for Jose who in my opinion was an ideal replacement for Fergie. He might not be the most liked manager in the league or play the most attractive style of football but a club carrying the debts we do the important thing is to keep winning and keep the money coming in.
Please salvage some respect for yourself David and walk and take your back room staff with you

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
How much it would cost to sack him?
You would hope that his contract will contain performance related clauses.

i.e. 'finish outside top 4 and we can give you the boot'.

It'll probably be worded slightly differently, though.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

26 years to knock Liverpool off their fecking perch and in a single season Moyes looks to have given them a boost back up there. Sickening.

It took me 26 years to knock them off their perch. The year I leave they return to the fore and all my work is being ruined by someone who simply isn't up to it.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
You would hope that his contract will contain performance related clauses.

i.e. 'finish outside top 4 and we can give you the boot'.

It'll probably be worded slightly differently, though.
I'm sure this is the case - which is why he probably can't/won't go anywhere until it's mathetmatically impossible for us to finish within the top 4.

Still - I'd be happy for the club to get rid now, and just give him a bit of pay-off (not the full 5 years obviously, but something extra to get him out the door early)... not that it will happen of course.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Was kinda hoping someone at Old Trafford would have had the balls to sack him first thing this morning.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If we spunked £200m in the summer on world class players and got someone like Pochettino in, we'd be challenging for the title again in my view. We need someone who knows how he wants to play.

That the point, he has no idea how he wants them to play. He just throws them out there and hopes for the best.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
David Moyes could be the living reincarnation of mother fecking Theresa for all I care. He's still the wrong man to manage Manchester United. I don't know how this has been allowed to happen. Look at where we are in the table, look at the absolute fetid, objectionable shite we are putting out as tactics week after week. The man has to go.

Please, feck, give us some relief and either resign or failing that, someone sack him. Christ. I don't care about excuses. No-one at the top end of any industry wants to hear about excuses. What he inherited wasn't perfect but for a manager who's reputation was derived from getting the most out of limited resources, he sure has shot to pieces his one appreciable strength. Because I sure can't think of another. Tactical nouse? no. Free flowing attractive football? No. Oh wait...Scottish? Check. Friend of Fergie? Double check. Wrinkliest 50yr old in the world? Motherfecking check all over that...

This season, these performance, the tactics, the touchline management, the coaching staff handling and hiring, the transfer strategy, the media handling, the press conferences....it's all been pathetic. Excuse after excuse. Enough is enough. A win against Olympiakos would paper over the gross deficiencies in this management structure. Not that I even expect that much. Someone in this organization with some fecking balls has to stand up and do what is right for this club. And that doesn't mean adhering to an old club mantra "sticking by your man" just for the sake of it. We've proved our point already, we aren't trigger happy. We aren't like other clubs. Because if we were, let's be honest, he'd be gone long ago. But we've kept this perennial loser around for so long that all hopes of a trophy and European spot have evaporated for this season. We've accepted mediocrity. We're now talking about next season, and this is "just a blip". Is it feck! This is incompetence. This is someone being woefully out of their depth and being surrounded by people with little or no expertise at the top ends of their fields. This is the proverbial deer caught in the headlights, or actor with stage fright. And none of those concoctions work for Manchester United.

The Fergie factor is of course huge. He's his man. Probably protected by him. I'm not going to criticize such a goliath. A man to which we owe everything. But, I find the situation and attitude to our current situation completely contrarian to the values and goals of our club as espoused by the great man himself, who freely admitted in the past that his successor would have to have great European experience and have to achieve near immediate success. Moyes is the antithesis of that argument.

Get out.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Was kinda hoping someone at Old Trafford would have had the balls to sack him first thing this morning.
It will be interesting to see how season ticket sales go. If Moyes stays will people think twice about renewing them? I wouldn't want to pay that much money to watch dross.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I was all for giving him till next December, and seeing how he fares after a proper transfer window. But i'm starting to think that if we can bring in one of the more experienced managers (ie Van Gaal, Hiddink, Klopp etc...), we should go for it.
Agreed.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
People forget, he's had a proper transfer window already.

He decided against that guy what's his name, because he didn't know enough about him. Even though half the caf knew about him.

What was his name?

Ah yeah. Thiago.

What's he doing now?

Annihilate Now!

Scout
it's got to the point where I find it admirable that people are quantifying posts saying he should go with things like "nothing against the bloke" and "nothing personal" ...meanwhile I find myself harbouring more and more genuine contempt for the bloke as the days progress...

Kaos

92%....

I'm curious as to how accurate of an indication the caf is of general fans' sentiment, particularly of matchgoers. I can't imagine season ticket sales doing well next season with Gollum at the helm.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
No, Moyes should not go at the end of the season. That's far too late.

LR7

Yeah, was a bit sad when I came back and saw that footage of Fergie. He looked gutted, as if he was watching everything he spent 27 years building, being destroyed.

Baxter

People forget, he's had a proper transfer window already.

He decided against that guy what's his name, because he didn't know enough about him. Even though half the caf knew about him.

What was his name?

Ah yeah. Thiago.

What's he doing now?
This seems to have been forgotten about. Supposedly we had scouted him for 2 years and Moyes didn't think he had enough information. Then he goes and signs a vastly inferior player for more money. He had a window, he had money to spend but it was a shambles.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Can someone who wants Moyes to carry on please explain their reasons? I just can't find anything to support such a claim

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Can someone who wants Moyes to carry on please explain their reasons? I just can't find anything to support such a claim
Despite everything, and it's easy to forget, he's still Scottish and a grafter and it's easy to forget that sometimes.

Tomalonge

See it hasn't calmed down in here,for those 29 ,hang in there.
Hanging in there well and truly.

Although words can not expressed how pissed off I am at the whole club for Sunday. I almost wish I had lost faith in Moyes, it'd be nice to just have one person to blame, but just one man wasn't responsible for that shite, too many players getting a free ride at the moment too. They all need a good kick up the ass, Moyes included. Yesterday was nowhere near good enough.

Cina

:lol:
You really love this Gif, don't you?
It is magnificent to be fair, probably the only good thing to come out of that show.

Jeff Daniels should just forge a new career in mist walking.

Cina

Just looking at the poll results, mad really, but not unexpected. Still, a lot of people (me included) who only a few months ago were adamant that he needed 'time' voted go, it just shows how truly awful a job he's done here. I don't think there's any positives other than getting Januzaj into the team.

He is a better manager than this, which sort of reinforces the logic that he's way out of his depth here in a weird way, because he's completely unable to actually show any semblance of that here.