End of Season. Moyes to Stay or Go Poll

End of season, Moyes to stay or go?

• Total voters

Crackers

greasy ginfers
If he'd been here for years, and played a big part in title winning squad, yes Moyes included.
I don't respect him as a manager, but he's still a person. I just meant we don't need to resort to petty insults about calling people cllusterfecks, that's all.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I don't respect him as a manager, but he's still a person. I just meant we don't need to resort to petty insults about calling people cllusterfecks, that's all.
Agreed. As a person, he hasn't done anything wrong actually.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Agreed. As a person, he hasn't done anything wrong actually.
He's done a tonne wrong, but that's because he's not suited for the role. It's only under much more speculation as it's such a famous role.
You wouldn't make someone a CEO of a hedge fund firm, after being a CFO of a small little firm struggling to improve profits. We appointed him, and paid the price. He's lacking the skills needed to fulfill his role to the maximum.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's done a tonne wrong, but that's because he's not suited for the role. It's only under much more speculation as it's such a famous role.
You wouldn't make someone a CEO of a hedge fund firm, after being a CFO of a small little firm struggling to improve profits. We appointed him, and paid the price. He's lacking the skills needed to fulfill his role to the maximum.
That's him as manager, not as a person.

Wizard Keyaz

Caf's Confucious
To overcome evil with good is good, to resist evil
I keep saying 'stay', but I put 'go' this time.

The only reason I'd keep Moyes is for the transfers he's targeting and negotiations with agents at this point.

Tactically he's out of his depth, playing the same system game in, game out, playing players out of position, playing players that can't work together, with no chemistry between them, it's embarrassing.
I am praying he actually does something about this or else he should pack his bags because it won't make a difference for the future

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
David Moyes could be the living reincarnation of mother fecking Theresa for all I care. He's still the wrong man to manage Manchester United. I don't know how this has been allowed to happen. Look at where we are in the table, look at the absolute fetid, objectionable shite we are putting out as tactics week after week. The man has to go.

Please, feck, give us some relief and either resign or failing that, someone sack him. Christ. I don't care about excuses. No-one at the top end of any industry wants to hear about excuses. What he inherited wasn't perfect but for a manager who's reputation was derived from getting the most out of limited resources, he sure has shot to pieces his one appreciable strength. Because I sure can't think of another. Tactical nouse? no. Free flowing attractive football? No. Oh wait...Scottish? Check. Friend of Fergie? Double check. Wrinkliest 50yr old in the world? Motherfecking check all over that...

This season, these performance, the tactics, the touchline management, the coaching staff handling and hiring, the transfer strategy, the media handling, the press conferences....it's all been pathetic. Excuse after excuse. Enough is enough. A win against Olympiakos would paper over the gross deficiencies in this management structure. Not that I even expect that much. Someone in this organization with some fecking balls has to stand up and do what is right for this club. And that doesn't mean adhering to an old club mantra "sticking by your man" just for the sake of it. We've proved our point already, we aren't trigger happy. We aren't like other clubs. Because if we were, let's be honest, he'd be gone long ago. But we've kept this perennial loser around for so long that all hopes of a trophy and European spot have evaporated for this season. We've accepted mediocrity. We're now talking about next season, and this is "just a blip". Is it feck! This is incompetence. This is someone being woefully out of their depth and being surrounded by people with little or no expertise at the top ends of their fields. This is the proverbial deer caught in the headlights, or actor with stage fright. And none of those concoctions work for Manchester United.

The Fergie factor is of course huge. He's his man. Probably protected by him. I'm not going to criticize such a goliath. A man to which we owe everything. But, I find the situation and attitude to our current situation completely contrarian to the values and goals of our club as espoused by the great man himself, who freely admitted in the past that his successor would have to have great European experience and have to achieve near immediate success. Moyes is the antithesis of that argument.

Get out.

Last edited:

Phil

David Moyes could be the living reincarnation of mother fecking Theresa for all I care. He's still the wrong man to manage Manchester United. I don't know how this has been allowed to happen. Look at where we are in the table, look at the absolute fetid, objectionable shite we are putting out as tactics week after week. The man has to go.

Please, feck, give us some relief and either resign or failing that, someone sack him. Christ. I don't care about excuses. No-one at the top end of any industry wants to hear about excuses. What he inherited wasn't perfect but for a manager who's reputation was derived from getting the most out of limited resources, he sure has shot to pieces his one appreciable strength. Because I sure can't think of another. Tactical nouse? no. Free flowing attractive football? No. Oh wait...Scottish? Check. Friend of Fergie? Double check. Wrinkliest 50yr old in the world? Motherfecking check all over that...

This season, these performance, the tactics, the touchline management, the coaching staff handling and hiring, the transfer strategy, the media handling, the press conferences....it's all been pathetic. Excuse after excuse. Enough is enough. A win against Olympiakos would paper over the gross deficiencies in this management structure. Not that I even expect that much.

Get out.
Stop sitting on the fence.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

This season, these performance, the tactics, the touchline management, the coaching staff handling and hiring, the transfer strategy, the media handling, the press conferences....it's all been pathetic. Excuse after excuse. Enough is enough. A win against Olympiakos would paper over the gross deficiencies in this management structure. Not that I even expect that much. Someone in this organization with some fecking balls has to stand up and do what is right for this club. And that doesn't mean adhering to an old club mantra "sticking by your man" just for the sake of it. We've proved our point already, we aren't trigger happy. We aren't like other clubs. Because if we were, let's be honest, he'd be gone long ago. But we've kept this perennial loser around for so long that all hopes of a trophy and European spot have evaporated for this season. We've accepted mediocrity. We're now talking about next season, and this is "just a blip". Is it feck! This is incompetence. This is someone being woefully out of their depth and being surrounded by people with little or no expertise at the top ends of their fields. This is the proverbial deer caught in the headlights, or actor with stage fright. And none of those concoctions work for Manchester United.

The Fergie factor is of course huge. He's his man. Probably protected by him. I'm not going to criticize such a goliath. A man to which we owe everything. But, I find the situation and attitude to our current situation completely contrarian to the values and goals of our club as espoused by the great man himself, who freely admitted in the past that his successor would have to have great European experience and have to achieve near immediate success. Moyes is the antithesis of that argument.

Get out.
That's a great opening line.

Mother Theresa, the bench mark for all managers.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
He should have been sacked immediately after the 1st leg in Greece, that would have given us time to get it sorted and have a chance at the second leg. It's too late to sack him now, even though he should have never been appointed in the first place and I was very vocal about it.

Castia

He's a million miles away from turning this around, we are on a downward spiral at this point. I'd be amazed if the board don't get rid in the summer, it's obvious he's not the right man for the job.

I hate the media's stance that he needs time....we are the current champions, one if the biggest clubs in the world and while everybody expected a transition period this is well beyond that, 7th is a disgrace.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Not sure how I'll feel come the end of the season, as we still have a good few games to play (I know they mean little in terms of achievement but a particularly strong/weak showing in them would still effect my view). I'd certainly be against sacking him at this point, though, and I'm guessing I'll still be of that view after the Olympiakos game, whatever the result is.

Red Stone

Look at BarneyLFC's cheeky vote for 'Stay'.

Bloody opposition fans, coming here, voting on our polls!

iAm20Legend

Does my head in, sometimes I think about it feel that he should stay till Christmas, and then sometimes I think I've just had it - not just the results but with the tactics and the lack of plans and the shite-on-a-stick served up on a regular basis - just when I think we're getting a tad better, we regress. Yes it's down to the players and their lack of confidence and motivation and ideas on the pitch - but I totally agree with the posters who say that motivation is down to the manager.

I've voted for him to go, but I'm still actually rather confused; I want to give him till christmas to rebuild in the transfer window and start fresh but then I think about it and feel that giving a new manager a go from the end of the season with a full transfer window and pre-season to work with, might work better.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
He really needs a run of wins, otherwise he should be shown the door. He has won only a third of the games we have played this year. Sure the players may be low on confidence, but it is looking like he doesn't have the ability to get them to buck up and start playing again.

Looking at our fixture list, previously (ie under SAF) I would have thought we had a good chance of getting wins against everyone bar City, with only a couple of hard but winnable games among the rest. Really if he can’t win over half the remaining games, we should sack him.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Sadly, he does not exude any confidence of even being able to turn around. Infact, he gives every impression of not knowing what is happening or what needs to be done.

To be fair to him, I don't think he can do anything with a blackhole in the midfield, but his seemingly lack of control in the dressing room and indications of declining discipling among players is more worriying.

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
Nine 'stay' votes at the moment.

I understand where holyland red is coming from. His people are used to thinking long term. If the jews can return to the promised land after 2000 years, David Moyes can become a winner on a similar timescale.

There's no excuse for the other 8 posters though.
:lol:

I'd argue the last time we wanted a golden god on the touchline it all ended up in tears...

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
How much it would cost to sack him?
Who cares? Use some of the transfer budget to do it. I'd take no signings at all if it meant Moyes gone. I cannot believe he is still here, we are Manchester United, not a training centre for mid-table managers. He's ruined us.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why on earth would that be the final straw, when we've just been stuffed at home to fecking Liverpool? I'm convinced that he won't be sacked this season, even if he pissed on SAF's statue. The problem is, the longer he stays, the further our standards drop. Look how far he's lowed them within the space of a few months. It honestly feels like he's genuinely setting out to burn the club down to the ground, he's been that awful.
He's lowered them enough so people sing him praises when we beat West Brom and Crystal Palace. At that he's done a good job for himself, next year if we finish 5th but only 5 points behind 4th people will consider him successful.