England national team

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I don't know what's worse. A stadium with no spectators or Eric Dier.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I don't know what's worse. A stadium with no spectators or Eric Dier.
Thankfully we don’t have to choose. We can sit back and enjoy watching Eric Dier play in a stadium with no spectators...!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'm not one for praising Liverpool players but Henderson is putting on an absolute masterclass right now.

Carl

I'm not one for praising Liverpool players but Henderson is putting on an absolute masterclass right now.
It's popular to diss Henderson but he's been really very good for about 18 months. Was excellent during the World Cup.

Classical Mechanic

It's popular to diss Henderson but he's been really very good for about 18 months. Was excellent during the World Cup.
He’s good at recycling possession and bring some intensity but for England he’s charged with being a ball player. He’s pretty rubbish at it.

Nickosaur

I don't know if it's the empty stadium or the football itself but this is one of the worst games I've ever seen.

ivaldo

Nah he's shit. It's an acheivement if one of his overhit lofty passes reaches its intended target.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Henderson's rubbish. Get's found out any time he comes up against a decent midfield and his long range passing is erratic.

Carl

Rashford has turned into a pretty rubbish finisher hasn't he. He's been consistently poor in front of goal for at least 2 years now.

ivaldo

Henderson's rubbish. Get's found out any time he comes up against a decent midfield and his long range passing is erratic.
The sarcasm was lost in my post, I think.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The sarcasm was lost in my post, I think.
Ah that makes sense. I hate watching him run around like a headless chicken. He's not suited to playing as a no. 6 at all.

Classical Mechanic

Typical England. Croatia offered nothing and were there for the taking but we never seem to convert those opportunities. Rashford with two shockers. Horrible pitch but it was still disappointing.

saivet

I thought we played okay in the second half and should have really won it with at least one of those Rashford chances. I'd like to see Southgate make a few changes in personnel vs Spain. With Henderson and Stones out I'd be interested to have Maddison come in for him (though I'm not sure he can match his energy) and Gomez in for Stones. Would also be good for Sancho to start instead of Rashford.

On the negatives, I think we still look a bit shaky playing it out from the back but in time hopefully we can iron those errors out.

Classical Mechanic

I thought we played okay in the second half and should have really won it with at least one of those Rashford chances. I'd like to see Southgate make a few changes in personnel vs Spain. With Henderson and Stones out I'd be interested to have Maddison come in for him (though I'm not sure he can match his energy) and Gomez in for Stones. Would also be good for Sancho to start instead of Rashford.

On the negatives, I think we still look a bit shaky playing it out from the back but in time hopefully we can iron those errors out.
The defenders were poor on the ball, probably Maguires worst game. Big fan of Chilwell but I thought he was nervous. We don’t have that link player in midfield though.p so it makes it harder.

saivet

The defenders were poor on the ball, probably Maguires worst game. Big fan of Chilwell but I thought he was nervous. We don’t have that link player in midfield though.p so it makes it harder.
Yeah Maguire was quite sloppy. I guess Southgate thinking is that Chalobah could be that guy, though I'm not convinced. Maybe someone like Declan Rice, though can't say I'm convinced with him either.

Ban

A meh game I thought. 50/50 1st half, 2nd England was better although we had 2 chances near the end. Marcus had 2 terrible finishes. We're still not in a proper rhythm but it will be better.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
I don't understand why Henderson and Dier are still first team players.

Judas

Open to offers
We're very wasteful which hurts us especially because we're so lacking in creativity.

Should have won comfortably. Croatia played ugly and really offered nothing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Looks like our fans have gone to embarrass us once again. Smashed up Seville city centre.

Last edited:

Mcking

Maddison should be starting imo. He's the one genuine no.10 that England have. Put him in front of Henderson+another CM and behind Kane with wingers on the flanks.
It would be more balance than a 433 imo

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Maddison should be starting imo. He's the one genuine no.10 that England have. Put him in front of Henderson+another CM and behind Kane with wingers on the flanks.
It would be more balance than a 433 imo
Think Henderson is suspended tonight, long with Stones. Manager is supposedly going to carry on experimenting, so we could be in for a tonking.

Mcking

Think Henderson is suspended tonight, long with Stones. Manager is supposedly going to carry on experimenting, so we could be in for a tonking.
Southgate's gone with Dier, Winks and Barkley, but I can't help but feel Maddison would fit better.

saivet

Southgate's gone with Dier, Winks and Barkley, but I can't help but feel Maddison would fit better.
I'd like to see it, but the midfield trio is more solid so understand the cautious approach considering how superior are in midfield. Hope Maddison gets on though.

Will be an interesting test for us today. I felt tactically we struggled at times with the 352 at Wembley, so look forward to seeing how they can do tonight.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I like the way Gareth Southgate has approached the England job. He has a very balanced view and most of what he has done has been very sensible.

The fear that the previous teams played with seems to have gone and that is primarily due to the young and inexperienced players he has brought in.

The style allows players to be far more fluid and flexible.
It is a shame that he wasn't around when we had some truly top class players (hate to mention the golden generation).

Big game tonight against a brilliant Spanish team. Sit back and they will pass around you - attack and they are dynamic on the break. Probably the best in the world at the moment.

Any sort of result would be exceptional.

Ekeke

Carragher 100% correct

"We could never beat a big team. Lets not kid ourselves, it was the same in the summer."

These are the kinds of matches where you can say something has improved. Not against the minnows and easy teams. If we have more composure and ability in the backline, these are the times it'll be proven. Not against the easy teams we've never had a problem with. Are we actually a good team improving on the past, or are we just like last summer - the great white hype.