England vs Iceland

Ban

This is maybe a stupid question now but why was Hodgson appointed in the first place. I mean FA have money, surely they can have any manager in the world.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Many of us who were against taking Rash to Euros argued it might be detrimental to his confidence when England are eliminated and a national scapegoating begins... Not many of us expected an embarrassment of this caliber.
I don't think Marcus will get any of the blame, in fact a lot will be saying he should have played more. Hart might have to go into hiding.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Rumours circulating that Joe Hart is leaving Head and Shoulders and signing a deal with Utterly Butterly.

Giggs86

Paraguay (1986)
Belgium (1990)
Cameroon (1990)
Spain (1996)
Denmark (2002)
Ecuador (2006)

Those are the only knockout games England have won since 1966.
Has there ever been a more underachieving bunch in the history of the game? Just think of all the world class players that played in the team, especially in 2006.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Kane and Sturridge have been selfish, Alli has been ok. Sterling not as bad as people make out, Sturridge should definitely be the first to go but I'm happy with the way you guys are playing. Keep on shooting from outside the box and don't try to take on our right back.

nick2004

People wanted Alli instead of Wilshere.

Now they want Wilshere in place of Alli.

Please make your mind! You are confusing Roy! It's your fault!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This is maybe a stupid question now but why was Hodgson appointed in the first place. I mean FA have money, surely they can have any manager in the world.
Because after getting nowhere with two foreign manager, they decided to go back to the good old yes man again.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
It´s not really rocket science Rashford-Sturridge-Lallana. And Clyne should have started, too.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Ignominious? Bloody hell, bet Google search is getting a pasting from lads down the local boozer.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Paraguay (1986)
Belgium (1990)
Cameroon (1990)
Spain (1996)
Denmark (2002)
Ecuador (2006)

Those are the only knockout games England have won since 1966.
Has there ever been a more underachieving bunch in the history of the game? Just think of all the world class players that played in the team, especially in 2006.
Nope, it's absolutely pathetic.

The Firestarter

They wanted a Briitish manager. It was him or Harry.

ManchesterUnitedFan

Because he's an ENGLISHMAN!!!

One look at him, you know he should be nowhere near the national team. He doesn't even look the part.

Ban

Because after getting nowhere with two foreign manager, they decided to go back to the good old yes man again.
Reminds me of Croatian FA. Difference is we didn't even try a foreign one. Why? Cause he may turn out to be bad so.... :lol:
Other than Bilić we don't have a single decent manager.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Too many crap Spurs players in this team who think they're the big it despite having achieved nothing.

Alli and Walker thinking they're too good/important to mark people from a throw in. Kane thinking he's too important to have to doo anything useful at all.

Ahmed87

Alli, Sterling and Kane have been shite once again. Roy has got to make changes or we may as well go home now.
Just like they've been since the first game, yet Hodgson keeps starting them. He takes full blame for those performance in my opinion.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Spurs players look spent, you begin to understand Tottenham's late season collapse.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The scariest thing about watching England under Roy Hodgson is the striking similarity to United under LVG. Pointless possession based football with very little penetration.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Sterling - in fairness he did create our penalty, for our goal.
Rooney - he did score the penalty.
Kane - this guy is in bad form (for England) and should be benched for the remainder of the tournament. Perhaps the big crowds and tournament pressure has got to him?

I'd definitely bring on Vardy in place of Kane (is that not what happened a few games back)?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
fecking wilshere coming on. So predictable.