English cricket thread

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I don’t understand why the England players have to stay in a bubble. I mean, it’s not as if they can catch anything..

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Anyone have streams for today’s blast T20 games?
For future ref, the games should be on YouTube if they are not televised. Just search for whichever county you want to watch and they'll have a YouTube channel showing the game most likely.

paulscholes18

Sad to see Roy pick up an injury, hopefully he's back in time for the Australia ODIs. Throughout his career he's played Starc as well as anyone I've seen for us.
Is a blow, hopefully Blanton gets the nod to open with Bairstow. If Roy is out for the Australia ODI’s hopefully they see sense and call up Hales

NinjaFletch

Good knock from Banton, with the extra bonus of running out Malan to give us a chance at getting a decent score.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great WKing. Right after he said Moeen understands Urdu :lol:

Good fight back from Pakistan.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Rizwan really showing the difference on what a world class keeper is capable vs part timers like Buttler and Bairstow

ha_rooney

Why doesn’t Amir play tests?
He retired. Think he was bowling a lot in Test cricket without being as effective so decided to focus on the shorter format to prolong his cricket career.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He retired. Think he was bowling a lot in Test cricket without being as effective so decided to focus on the shorter format to prolong his cricket career.
Ah. Like Broad and Anderson.

Previous mistakes forgiven, that’s a shame as he would have been amazing opening bowling in recent tests and complimented the other seamers.

ha_rooney

Doesn’t look promising, unless the weather drastically changes I think this will be abandoned :(

zing

Zingle balls
Ah. Like Broad and Anderson.

Previous mistakes forgiven, that’s a shame as he would have been amazing opening bowling in recent tests and complimented the other seamers.
He was garbage in tests for the longest time, that's why he retired

paulscholes18

Just saw that Pope is out for 4 months, blow for him & Surrey. Only saving grace is England don’t have a test match lined up until February

ha_rooney

Loved listening to Wasim & Waqar. What a duo they were. Waqar’s yorkers were so fecking good.

Hope weather stays clear today & we get a full game.

ha_rooney

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before :lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
51-0. Solid start from Pakistan after 6 overs without taking any risks.

England bowling so far has been very average

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Such a shame IPL can’t allow Babar Azam to play. Such a wonderful batsman, esp in limited overs

ha_rooney

Excellent 50 from Babar.

Such a shame IPL can’t allow Babar Azam to play. Such a wonderful batsman, esp in limited overs
Indeed... IPL aside, it’s a real shame the 2 biggest cricket mad nations don’t play any cricket aside ICC events. No Test match since something like 2007 is ridiculous.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Excellent 50 from Babar.

Indeed... IPL aside, it’s a real shame the 2 biggest cricket mad nations don’t play any cricket aside ICC events. No Test match since something like 2007 is ridiculous.
Utterly ridiculous. Amazing Pakistan still producing such quality players despite not being allowed to play on some of the biggest platforms. World cricket is so much poorer without a top level Pakistan team.

as IPL is in Dubai, they should have had a special extra draft, allowing each franchise to swap one existing foreigner player for a Pakistan player. Would have generated a load more viewers and ad revenues

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Good score this. Doesn’t look likes there’s anything in it for the bowlers so should be an entertaining chase.

Hafeez played a terrific innings.

ha_rooney

Some start from England. Dross from the bowlers.

ha_rooney

I think Misbah’s shown more emotion in this innings than he did his entire playing career :lol:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I think Misbah’s shown more emotion in this innings than he did his entire playing career :lol:
Looks like he's had a nasty letter from the taxman :lol:

Both sets of batsmen have played beautifully so far. I don't like the look of either team's lengths and the slower balls from Pakistan aren't quite right and are being punished.

ha_rooney

Shadab taking the openers! Needed that after the great start from England.