English cricket thread

LDUred

Huge turn there for Lyon. Woakes should have been forward but he was set up to an extent by some intelligent variations.

A reminder that Lyon loves bowling at Adelaide and the genius that is Chris Silverwood elected to drop his front line spinner for this test because a few overs are played under lights.

Last edited:

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Not sure. Think it’s Fox so Mark Waugh, Warne, Lee, Gilchrist (who I don’t mind), can’t remember the others. Only Isha Guha from England.
Yeah you are getting Mark Waugh (who is a tosser) Warnie in peak wanker mode, those 2 together is just a bad time for all.

LDUred

To be fair, some of these deliveries from Lyon are ridiculous.

Batting last on this for any side -- good luck.

That was a hell of six from Stokes. Crushed it.

Last edited:

LDUred

If only we'd picked a spinner...
In all fairness, the result would probably be more or less the same.

I have never rated Leach but if you take him, you surely have to play any front line spinner on a wicket like this, otherwise why even take them.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Watching other teams play Aussies here really shows just how well we've played there in the last few years.

Two consecutive away wins series.

JohnnyKills

Why are the Aussies batting again? What are they worried about? That Root's going to bowl them out on the last day?

LDUred

All over. Australia will bat again.

This could be an interesting passage of play with Anderson and Broad bowling with the new ball under lights, albeit in a near-hopeless situation.

JohnnyKills

In all fairness, the result would probably be more or less the same.

I have never rated Leach but if you take him, you surely have to play any front line spinner on a wicket like this, otherwise why even take them.
Yeah agree.

I'd have gone with Bess. Takes wickets and bats. If he bowls badly you've got Root to back him up.

JohnnyKills

All over. Australia will bat again.

This could be an interesting passage of play with Anderson and Broad bowling with the new ball under lights, albeit in a near-hopeless situation.
Can only think they're trying to break Anderson or Broad for the rest of the series. Otherwise it's a daft decision

TheGame

Yeah agree.

I'd have gone with Bess. Takes wickets and bats. If he bowls badly you've got Root to back him up.
It was more sensible to play a spinner in this test rather than the first but we seem to have brain fart selections at the moment. Also it’s amazing how the Australia bowlers play every game where they can and we rotate our bowlers.

JohnnyKills

It was more sensible to play a spinner in this test rather than the first but we seem to have brain fart selections at the moment. Also it’s amazing how the Australia bowlers play every game where they can and we rotate our bowlers.
They binned off Ed Smith to give Silverwood more power and since then we've been all over the place. The way we treated Bess in India, the two selections for this series...

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The England batting is just nowhere near good enough at the moment. India were very impressive when they played Australia and took the fight to them.
Will never forget that Gabba test. Unbelievable.

Missed Kohli, Bumrah, Shami, Ishant, Ashwin and Jadeja and yet defeated Australia.

Played two bowlers who'll never play a test again due to the fact that they're quite shit.

JohnnyKills

Poor from Broad and Anderson this.

Also, Robinson needs to put some pace on if he wants to have success outside England.

Last edited:

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Why are the Aussies batting again? What are they worried about? That Root's going to bowl them out on the last day?
Never bat last on the Adelaide oval.

Will never forget that Gabba test. Unbelievable.

Missed Kohli, Bumrah, Shami, Ishant, Ashwin and Jadeja and yet defeated Australia.

Played two bowlers who'll never play a test again due to the fact that they're quite shit.
India's attack was better suited to Australia then the poms atm. They could hit the deck and get movement and had pace, no 120-130 kph style bowlers.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
@KM I'm starting to move a bit towards you on new ball under lights here... They don't look troubled.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Australia has been mind fecked about following on since 2001 tbh
There's rarely a lot to be said for it. It's a 5 match series, don't Traveller your bowlers unnecessarily.