English cricket thread

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Yeah We are going to win this series.

Hopefully boxing day will be fun
Was always likely to be the case. This England side is very weak. The worry is this series being the mismatch, non-event it's looking to be.

England are simply nowhere near the Aussies.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
So our current batsmen at the crease are 25 balls in with no runs. Okay then :lol:

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Was always likely to be the case. This England side is very weak. The worry is this series being the mismatch, non-event it's looking to be.

England are simply nowhere near the Aussies.
I can see England winning the last test at Hobart (Anderson and Broad will get swing) but this series has been quite dull (Last Ashes here was also dull)

At least 13/14 had Johnson bringing the fear of god.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Pope batting like a fecking 12 year old again.

250 all out here we come.

JohnnyKills

Why pick Buttler and ask him to dig in? Just tell him to go out and smack it ffs. Otherwise you might as well have someone else there.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Why pick Buttler and ask him to dig in? Just tell him to go out and smack it ffs. Otherwise you might as well have someone else there.
He has played like that for his whole test career. Which will shortly be over.

JohnnyKills

Think England have had a lot of bad luck recently but some of the leadership has been really poor. How can you go into a game with five right-arm medium bowlers??

I'd be reviewing Silverwood's position after the tour. He's done some good things and is clearly thinking on the right lines but maybe we need more experience.

JohnnyKills

Isn’t he vice captain? Dont think he’s getting dropped. The whole batting unit aside from Root and Malan are playing poorly.
Agree. I'd stick with Buttler but just tell him to go and whack it. No more of this negative shit. That's not what he's there for. (that's very simplistic I know!!)

Crawley should come in for me, and Bairstow at 6. Give it back to the Aussies a bit.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Can’t see Aussies enforcing follow on here. They will want to bat again and get England into the field. Then bat last when the pitch has worn out.
Yep the follow on is our only chance of a miracle so makes no sense to enforce it.

Go out there and kill the game with the bat.

JohnnyKills

Can’t see Aussies enforcing follow on here. They will want to bat again and get England into the field. Then make England bat last when the pitch has worn out.
I'd enforce if they bowl us out tonight. Get us back in under lights. Also we don't have a spinner.

JohnnyKills

Root and Malan showed if you can play yourself in, it’s a good pitch. Stokes is trying to do that but the others just gave their wickets away.
Yeah but where are we going here though? Surely we need to try and give it back to them. There'll be a new ball and darkness soon

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
should australia be allowed to consistently post big totals, knowing that england won’t be able to get anywhere near them? i’ve checked the rule book and nothing seems to stop it happening but it’s definitely not very nice.

Dan_F

Not sure. Think it’s Fox so Mark Waugh, Warne, Lee, Gilchrist (who I don’t mind), can’t remember the others. Only Isha Guha from England.
Isha is really good. She seems to be able to adapt to whoever she’s commentating with and definitely brings something different to the table.