Eredivisie 2023/2024

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Based on those first 15 minutes, I'm glad we didn't sign Bijlow. He looks shaky

Stadjer

PSV the deserved winner. Lang scored the winner and Bosz won a trophy. Good start of the season for them.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
PSV the deserved winner. Lang scored the winner and Bosz won a trophy. Good start of the season for them.
Someone give me the insight scoop on Lang? Looked quite impressive the few times I've seen him playing for the Dutch team and kind of expected him to move to a bigger club abroad.

Is there a larger thing at play here like the statements I remember hearing from LvG or someone else in the Dutch football federation that it's better for domestic players to play consistently at a "lesser" club than barely playing elsewhere?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Someone give me the insight scoop on Lang? Looked quite impressive the few times I've seen him playing for the Dutch team and kind of expected him to move to a bigger club abroad.

Is there a larger thing at play here like the statements I remember hearing from LvG or someone else in the Dutch football federation that it's better for domestic players to play consistently at a "lesser" club than barely playing elsewhere?
He's talented, but a bit special with his forced bad boy persona. Freat addition for psv though.

Feyenoord will struggle if we dont buy a creative midfielder and we really REALLY miss Kokcu. If not for Bijlow we wouldve lost by more.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

Great player for this level. But had a falling out with ETH/Tadic and that I think has followed him.

He’ll do well this season.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He's talented, but a bit special with his forced bad boy persona. Freat addition for psv though.

Feyenoord will struggle if we dont buy a creative midfielder and we really REALLY miss Kokcu. If not for Bijlow we wouldve lost by more.
To be fair any side would miss Kokcu. Terrific player best CM by far last season.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Geertruida seems to be headung for Leipzig. Nice move for him, but we really need a good replacement.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Has preseason given any insights into Steijn's intentions with Ajax actually? I haven't read about that yet, and I'm wondering how he will make the team play. From what I read when he was appointed, he's quite flexible in his approach, so I have no idea really.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Kudus off. Big blow for Ajax surely gives Feyenoord more hope this season?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Kudus off. Big blow for Ajax surely gives Feyenoord more hope this season?
Kudus and Alvarez were always going to leave really. They both made that very clear going into the window.

I think people might be sleeping on PSV a bit. If they get the targets they're being linked to, they have a strong squad.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What's up with Ajax playing two friendlies today? Right now against Köln and later in Dortmund? I can't (be bothered) to check the lineups - is one the second team and one the first team or are they giving players one half in each friendly? @KirkDuyt

Last edited:

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
What's up with Ajax playing two friendlies today? Right now against Köln and later in Dortmund? I can't (be bothered) to check the lineups - is one the second team and one the first team or are they giving players one half in each friendly? @KirkDuyt
u23s and first team

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Haven’t been able to watch any of the friendlies but any underlying principles that Steijn has established?

I see they gave up on signing Spertsyan.. :(

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Thank you for the information. It was a decent friendly in the end, although not a very Ajax-like performance.
Well this team was far from the finished product. I was glad it wasn't a hammering and with a bit more clinical finishing it could and should have been a draw.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Well this team was far from the finished product. I was glad it wasn't a hammering and with a bit more clinical finishing it could and should have been a draw.
To be honest for the most part it felt a bit like playing a midtable team in Bundesliga. In the sense that it seemed a bit too easy for Dortmund to progress the ball and there wasn't a lot of pressure on the defense outside of transitions. Things changed a bit after the 3-1 though and Ajax indeed could/should have scored then.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Thought we looked quite good on friday. With a couple of signings we might finally have a decent season.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Looking at the Ajax squad who is the first XI CB pairing? Hato +1?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think we might all have been sleeping on PSV. They like extremely strong so far. Favorites for the title for me.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I think we might all have been sleeping on PSV. They like extremely strong so far. Favorites for the title for me.
I read a kind of season preview article in the Volkskrant today, where the author mentioned that no-one who was asked for the Voetbal International predictions listed PSV as the next league winner. Eleven had Feyenoord, which makes sense, but I have no idea why everyone underrates PSV like that. It's obvious Van Nistelrooij was holding them back last year, Bosz's approach is likely to work really well in the relatively open (defensively) Eredivisie, and they have gotten some good reinforcements as well.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
After some comical defending, Ajax answer right back with a wonder goal. Wow.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Love that Medic goal. The whole country was laughing at Ajax for signing a 7 feet tall oil tanker and he does that :lol:

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I read a kind of season preview article in the Volkskrant today, where the author mentioned that no-one who was asked for the Voetbal International predictions listed PSV as the next league winner. Eleven had Feyenoord, which makes sense, but I have no idea why everyone underrates PSV like that. It's obvious Van Nistelrooij was holding them back last year, Bosz's approach is likely to work really well in the relatively open (defensively) Eredivisie, and they have gotten some good reinforcements as well.
I think PSV lack a certain spark. Noa Lang brings it, but if he doesn't, who will? I think they'll be competitive but I favor Ajax and Feyenoord over them. PSV looked good but it could have been 2-2 as well. That Douvikas miss shouldve been in and they had a massive one at the end as well. Ramalho was channeling his inner Maguire all game. Also Bosz is known for being very naive when it comes to defending and I wouldn't be surprised if they lose a ton of unnecessary points. I just can't see them winning it unless they get some reinforcements in that impress me.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think PSV lack a certain spark. Noa Lang brings it, but if he doesn't, who will? I think they'll be competitive but I favor Ajax and Feyenoord over them. PSV looked good but it could have been 2-2 as well. That Douvikas miss shouldve been in and they had a massive one at the end as well. Ramalho was channeling his inner Maguire all game. Also Bosz is known for being very naive when it comes to defending and I wouldn't be surprised if they lose a ton of unnecessary points. I just can't see them winning it unless they get some reinforcements in that impress me.
Babadi looks quite exciting aswell.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Babadi looks quite exciting aswell.
Bakayoko is quality as well
Both true. I like their young talent. I might have phrased it wrong. I mean players that can carry your team when needed. Guys you can call upon. Bakayoko can, but he also disappears. I don't think PSV are there yet. I may have to eat my words on this one down the line since our league (well, not mine anymore:wenger:) is a shitshow and anything can happen at any time but for now I think it's justified that people aren't sold on them.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
If Ajax find a creative midfielder and Kudus stays they will be as dominant as they always are as well I think. Though I doubt Kudus stays.

Borninthe80ts

I’m seeing a lot of names in not familiar with both in the Ajax team and Dutch football in general. Is this a new generation coming through? A lot of the names seem like emerging stars, ie Medic. I quite like it though, like the mid 90s when they turned unknowns into stars.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I’m seeing a lot of names in not familiar with both in the Ajax team and Dutch football in general. Is this a new generation coming through? A lot of the names seem like emerging stars, ie Medic. I quite like it though, like the mid 90s when they turned unknowns into stars.
Just a case of buying a lot of players instead of youth in the big 3.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I really hope we manage to sign Ivamusec, because a Wieffer, Zerrouki, Timber midfield is just rubbish.