Eredivisie 2023/2024

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Ajax has gone completely haywire, bought literally an entine new eleven, for a total 100m+ euros..

Ranaj (8m)
Gaaei (5m) Sutalo (23m) Medic (2m) Avila (12m)
Tahirovic (8m) Mannsverk (6m) vd Boomen (free)
Mikautadze (16m) Akpom (12m) Fors (16m)

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Ajax has gone completely haywire, bought literally an entine new eleven, for a total 100m+ euros..

Ranaj (8m)
Gaaei (5m) Sutalo (23m) Medic (2m) Avila (12m)
Tahirovic (8m) Mannsverk (6m) vd Boomen (free)
Mikautadze (16m) Akpom (12m) Fors (16m)
I really do think they needed a fresh 11, too much talent has been lost the past 2 years and the replacements that had been drafted in by VDS/Hamstra were an unmitigated disaster. Once you look at last year’s window from afar it’s almost a bloodbath.
-Bergwijn has done well but certainly not club record arrival well
-Bassey is gone
-Brobbey I won’t be too harsh on since MK’s best position meant leaving him out for a large portion of the season
-Wijndal… yea
-Kaplan injured his entire time here
-Rulli a success
-Sanchez I genuinely think might be the worst “already a multiple season established senior player” I’ve seen at Ajax and is now gone
-Conceicao hasn’t been given enough minutes to make a definitive statement
-Grillitsch is gone
-Not to mention the loan of Ocampos who could rival Sanchez for his crown, loan promptly terminated.

Granted this is hindsight, and I think everyone (including myself) thought Wijndal would impress, but last summer looks grim. 3/9 permanent signings are gone, 1 has been injured throughout, Brobbey and Conceicao jury is out on (promising signs for Brobbey but still), 1 a success, 1 a half success relative to the amount paid, and 1 more for the scrap heap.

I don’t know whether all these signings will pan out or not, they’re mostly from leagues or competitions I don’t watch and won’t pretend I know anything. But the squad definitely needed a facelift.

Last edited:

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Borna Sosa? Seems an odd move. Is he expecting to start every game? Or happy playing as rotation? Would’ve thought it’d be more prudent to buy a left sided cb and you can always shift Hato out there if necessary

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Borna Sosa? Seems an odd move. Is he expecting to start every game? Or happy playing as rotation? Would’ve thought it’d be more prudent to buy a left sided cb and you can always shift Hato out there if necessary
Ajax have Hato, Wijndal, Avila, Sosa and Salah Eddine who can play left back with the last one declining to make a transfer to Zwolle today.

At the same time Ajax have only 1.5 right winger with Conceicao (who was deemed surpluss to requirements) and Berghuis (who has been cack there for Ajax). They played Borges (or Forbs) there yesterday, but he's not very good there and belongs on the left.

Now I'm sure this Mislintat guy is a genius, but eh, wot?

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
Ajax have Hato, Wijndal, Avila, Sosa and Salah Eddine who can play left back with the last one declining to make a transfer to Zwolle today.

At the same time Ajax have only 1.5 right winger with Conceicao (who was deemed surpluss to requirements) and Berghuis (who has been cack there for Ajax). They played Borges (or Forbs) there yesterday, but he's not very good there and belongs on the left.

Now I'm sure this Mislintat guy is a genius, but eh, wot?
If it weren’t for the Mannsverk signing, I could MAYBE see him being pushed into midfield, as I’m sure Sven has intimate info about the player having worked with him previously and would know better than most if he had the capabilities. But to keep at left back? Waste of resources. You’re right about the rw situation, although I think Forbs (can we as the Eredivisie community come to an agreement on which name to use?) is going to be used there throughout the year, rotating with the Berg bros.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Awesome seeing Halilovic getting consistent game time again. Might be the first time since he was at Las Palmas in 2017/18 where he's started 3 games in a row.

Gonna watch Fortuna Sittard vs Ajax tomorrow just to see how he does.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I'm hoping to finally get over and watch Feyenoord this season. They have a game on Thursday, 7th December, against Volendam, which seems a bit random as only fixture on that week night.

Any idea if this could move?

Also says (I think) if you are a member you can apply for tickets vs PSV. Assume impossible to get a ticket for that game?

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Ajax look to be in real danger of getting mullered by Brighton in the Europa, maybe Marseille too.

Where the feck did the Antony/Martinez/Gravenberch/Timber/Alvarez/Kudus money go?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ajax look to be in real danger of getting mullered by Brighton in the Europa, maybe Marseille too.

Where the feck did the Antony/Martinez/Gravenberch/Timber/Alvarez/Kudus money go?
To Bassey, Bergwijn and Wijndal last year and Forbs, Sutalo and 4 expensive left backs this year.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Psv looking very strong. We can't afford to lose anymore points at this stage. Aside from a better 10 our starting 11 looks strong though.

Samoerai Jack

Psv do be having a good start. They've built a good team. But Bosz is no miracle worker and I'd still expect them to falter down the line. If Feyenoord keep their heads they should get an opportunity to overtake them.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Just throwing it out there I think this season could be AZs season too.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Excellent 1st half, but a meagre 2-1 lead. Should've been more like 4-0

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Do any of the English fans on here know how good Forbs was in his youth team? He looks, erm, shite to be honest.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Jesus 16m for this Mikautadze fella, did nothing but lose the ball.

Idxomer

I don't know anyone in Ajax's lineup today except Brobbey.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Halilovic was the best player on the pitch today. Nice to see.

Putting all banter aside

Quite impressed by the level that Feyenoord is already showing early season. Really curious to see how they will perform in this CL group which is not the worst draw possible but with some nice classic encounters (Celtic, Atletico and Lazio). Looking forward to this season.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Slot's gotten us into gear for our 1st CL match. 17 goals in our last 3 matches and played the opposition completely off the field again today.

It's a shame we have to face Celtic without a striker with Gimenez' suspension and Ueda's injury, but our 6 goals were scored by 6 different people today so who knows.

I'm savouring every moment of this Slot golden age. Long may it continue.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Bit of a do or die game for Ajax today against Twente. They can't afford to drop even more points though I hope they do and we face a mentally and physically broken Ajax side next week :nervous:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Goal and an assist for Halilovic. So good to see him playing well, and regularly, again.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Goal and an assist for Halilovic. So good to see him playing well, and regularly, again.
An absolute joy to watch that guy. You can see why he didnt make it at the top level, but he can really humiliate his marker at times.

Yagami

Good post resistant
An absolute joy to watch that guy. You can see why he didnt make it at the top level, but he can really humiliate his marker at times.
I know there's talk of his attitude and the way his father managed his career, but I put some of the blame on Gattuso, too.

After a very promising spell at Sporting Gijon, Halilovic struggled to get consistent game time at Las Palmas in his debut season. In his second, mainly after Viera, Jese and Boateng left, he kinda became an integral player, and played well enough for Milan to buy him. Problem is, Gattuso never played him. He only started one game I believe. Considering their team at the time, it had to be personal because this was better than anything anyone else was doing at the time:

Incidentally, I feel like Gattuso had similar problems with Lobotka at Napoli. Fortunately for them, they got rid of Gattuso and Lobotka became arguably the best midfielder in the league. I think something similar could've happened had Milan got rid of him sooner and hired a better coach.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I know there's talk of his attitude and the way his father managed his career, but I put some of the blame on Gattuso, too.

After a very promising spell at Sporting Gijon, Halilovic struggled to get consistent game time at Las Palmas in his debut season. In his second, mainly after Viera, Jese and Boateng left, he kinda became an integral player, and played well enough for Milan to buy him. Problem is, Gattuso never played him. He only started one game I believe. Considering their team at the time, it had to be personal because this was better than anything anyone else was doing at the time:

Incidentally, I feel like Gattuso had similar problems with Lobotka at Napoli. Fortunately for them, they got rid of Gattuso and Lobotka became arguably the best midfielder in the league. I think something similar could've happened had Milan got rid of him sooner and hired a better coach.
Didn't know much about his career, thanks. I've only watched him a few games now, but he mostly seems like a spectacular playground footballer without consistent end product. I might be way off though.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Didn't know much about his career, thanks. I've only watched him a few games now, but he mostly seems like a spectacular playground footballer without consistent end product. I might be way off though.
I think that's probably a fair assessment at this point! It's just a shame that Fortuna Sittard games are so hard to find for me here in England. Well, any Dutch games, really!

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
What a time to be alive.. Both Feyenoord and PSV have their shit in order, great attacking coaches, spot on summer recruitment, organization looks to be steady, absolute joy to watch on the pitch..

And then there is Ajax...

Last edited: