Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
This was my post in the transfer thread back in June.

The good things we saw since game one were also the good things I saw last season. It's the bad things about him that didn't make me pay too much attention on him as a prospect. I think he was the first of our summer signings to join up in pre-season training so there was certainly time to teach him some things. Either he is a really fast learner, or that he could have been more suited to the english game after all but he definitely isn't showing the recklessness and poor judgement in defending that I saw last season.
I only watched him in one full game since we were linked with his teammate at Villareal. I think he was a fullback at that game. He run all over the place with no positional sense. Fast but rash in tackle; a bit like Rafael of which I don't really like that part of him.

His first game blowed my mind. It's like I was watching a different player. Maybe as you said, some players just destine to suite a certain league.

I remember a Liverpool poster on here was raving about him after they played Villareal in the EL last year.

Maybe @Dumbstar?
Mkhi also had an excellent game against Liverpool last year. Hmm..

Thisistheone

Imagine if he could start chipping in with the odd goal here and there. Would be the icing on the cake.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
His balance is incredible, the way he makes those turns :drool: And looks so comfortable with the ball

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Mourinho is going to mould him into a top top CB, scary potential.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good to have him back. He's so good at the back, love how aggressive he is in the tackle too. Clean but aggressive.

pablo__p

Gonna use one of my precious newbie posts every game at his thread saying I simply love him. He's like Rio and Vida mixed together.:drool:

ElQuesoGrande

That bit of play where he heard the crowd shout "MAN ON!" and drove the ball forward twenty yards before passing it cross-field to Blind. Beautiful.

Would love to see him alongside Rojo.

Strats

Not every good player we have can be a future captain, he's very good though. Tied as my favourite player with Pogba.
He plays like a leader in the way like Vidic did, he might even be better with the ball than Vidic was. And Vidic was our captain for a period. Bailly seems to be very liked in the squad aswell. He has a very calming presence with the ball at his feet and is the exact opposite when taking on attackers.

Time will tell if he will captain this team, but I think he is a very strong candidate for the job.

seaNNN

my posts are shite but my gobbles are alright
Watched a few villareal games last season and didn't even notice him once yet he's been an absolute monster for us since day one. Has there ever been a centre back so exciting to watch?

Ekeke

I have a feeling one or two people are going to suggest he had a perfect performance. If so, I don't agree with that as he did have one or two moments where players caused him problems just like our other CBs have had. However in the vast majority of things he did, he was dominant and in control. He was mostly solid, aggressive and hungry to win the ball. Long may it continue.

Skills

Snitch
His consistency is incredible. Gives a solid 7/10 or more every single game.

Irrational.

I have a feeling one or two people are going to suggest he had a perfect performance. If so, I don't agree with that as he did have one or two moments where players caused him problems just like our other CBs have had. However in the vast majority of things he did, he was dominant and in control. He was mostly solid, aggressive and hungry to win the ball. Long may it continue.
Yep, I'd agree with this. His over-exuberance meant he was exposed by Deeney a couple of times but on the whole he was excellent.

Raw

He's just so good. To think none of us had any clue when we first signed him, thinking he'd be backup to Smalling and Blind. Mou sure knows his CBs.

DeOddi

When it comes to defending on the ground he´s great but i don´t trust him at all when it comes to defending high balls. Has a weird habit of trying to clear them with his foot instead of just competing for the header.

Donut

He had a lot of good moments, but also some bad due to his rashness which could have cost us on another day.

Mike09

My motm today. Brilliant defensively and didn't put anything wrong at all. Got a few skills as well. Even when he lost his balance or strength with Deeney, he didn't give up and was able to put pressure on Deeney from behind which affecting the shot.

I love Martial and Valencia today but Bailly has to be my motm. It was perfect performance from him.

Ekeke

Yep, I'd agree with this. His over-exuberance meant he was exposed by Deeney a couple of times but on the whole he was excellent.
Absolutely. And I 100% understand why people are getting so excited because he clearly has all of the raw physical abilities to be one of the best CBs around. But theres just one or two occasions where he's just a little rash, over agressive, uses a peculiar technique to clear the ball that doesn't quite get the job done, or in today's match where he backed off a bit too much from Holebas, or let Deeney get a bit loose like you mentioned.

But the good news is there is no reason to think he wont fix these minor issues whilst continuing to stand out with his physical presence and composure when he has the ball himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.