Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

Those occasional moments of madness where he intercepts or brings the ball down and goes on a spree to the opposition half haha you gotta love those :D shows he's a ball playing CB as well!

A true gem to have in the team, plus his partnership with Rojo is amazing especially knowing that they played not so many games together.

Ashley R1+O

I think he'll develop into a very very good defender for us. Fergie would have loved him.

Man Utd 2:1 Anderlecht

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Thought he is back after the Chelsea game, but he is poor again. Really poor second half of the season from him, nowhere near the player I expected him to be, if Smalling made some of the mistakes that he makes, there would be petitions made to sell him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Making mistakes I don't expect from him. Doesn't seem to know when to twist or stick. Communication between him and Valencia seems zero.

Devil may care

Had a couple of mix ups with Valencia and both missed having Herrera in their channel, but he go it together and did well one on one when tasked.

Sylar

Like most of the team, looked lost when Rojo got injured and Blind came on for him. His partnership with Rojo was strong. Unfortunately him and Blind isnt a comfy partnership (as we saw against City at home). Agreed that he did look better with a three man midfield cover in front of him, but then our whole team just looked better overall.

ti vu

Might be wrong but I feel like he could have done a bit more to stop them from scoring, if you're just going to jog towards the ball why bother at all?

I wrote in Blind thread that it's Mourinho's defensive tactic that the whole defense pushes out together. Both pressuring/ blocking the shooter outside the box & play an offside trap if there is a rebound. All of other players involved beside Blind expected an offside call since they're following the instruction correctly. When they turned back, couldn't understand wtf happened with 2 Anderlecth players being onside (Blind's fault). Count how many of our players raise their hands asking for offside call. They're confused thus psychologically blocked and delay their reaction.

Other posters on that thread may think I am being harsh by being more critical on Blind than with Shaw. My reason is with Shaw's mistake, there is a chance for us to regroup & defend. The position where Blind broke the offside trap, the chance to regroup is very low. That's why CB, the back bone roles are important in any teams. Blind has history of doing this kind of weird positioning even as full back. Shaw's fault is no more forgivable, mind. Just more possible to fix.

Quite a mixed up performance for Bailly this game. Underwhelming for his promise, but not exactly trainwreck. Perhaps 1 booking from suspension for first leg of next round done his head in? Would require him step up now. Our CB department is now barebone with only him most established natural CB.

Last edited:

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
The CB partnership is so important. Looked a little clueless after Rojo went off injured.

Bailly is still raw and has a lot to learn. I hope we get an experienced CB in the summer to partner him.

klayton88

Not sure who it was a few pages back that mentioned how he seems to "turtle" up when heading the ball, but it's all I see now when watching him so thanks for that.

SaboTaj

Rojo this season has become the leader at the back, the voice in defence. Wow. Never thought I'd say that.

And against Anderlecht, Blind did not seem to be on the same wavelength as the rest of the defence. He was constantly caught out of position, mainly in the first half and early in the second. Bailly ended up having more open spaces to cover, consequently leaving some space between himself and Valencia.

I thought Bailly had an okay game, without any big mixups or mistakes. Maybe even better than just-okay considering the fact that Blind was a liability for a portion of that match.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
One of the performances of the season just there. Utterly superb. 0 shots on target from the opposition in no small part to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.