Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Watcher of phone boots, commander of defences :drool:

Will be our first truly great CB since Rio\Vida in a few years time.

ti vu

That was like a counter attack, in that our defense was caught out of place.
The wide player Mickhi, Valencia didn't do their job. We played a high line, the wide players need to press theirs. The crosser just ran along the by line without any pressure in this instance.

Back to Bailly. He is very inexperienced but the raw talent is outrageously high. Can completely dominate opposition's forward since he almost has everything at high level.

Mike09

3 great games in a row. I think I'm going to start calling him BEAST. I'm pleased.

Fracture90

Unbelievable calmness in his game. I swear he has ice in his veins. He won every aerial duel today, superb tackling, calmness, passing and everything!

Unbelievable for a 23 years old CB to play with that amount of calmness, just outstanding.

Him and Rojo are developing an amazing chemistry together.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I love his cheekiness on the ball.. little fake feints and then brings it calmly out of defence. When he's in form he's majestic at it but as we have seen when he isn't at the races it can be a disaster waiting to happen.

Fabulous today.

cyberman

I just read he's only played 20 odd clubs games more in his career than Rashford has. That is ridiculous.

Art

Art the artist
Being the lovable mad bastard that he is, the only time I am nervous is when leaps 20 foot in the air to head the ball in a random direction :lol:

Nero

Love his tussles with opponents where he just gets his body between the opponent and the ball, shrugs them off, and walks away with the ball.

criticalanalysis

Unbelievable calmness in his game. I swear he has ice in his veins. He won every aerial duel today, superb tackling, calmness, passing and everything!

Unbelievable for a 23 years old CB to play with that amount of calmness, just outstanding.

Him and Rojo are developing an amazing chemistry together.
I love his cheekiness on the ball.. little fake feints and then brings it calmly out of defence. When he's in form he's majestic at it but as we have seen when he isn't at the races it can be a disaster waiting to happen.

Fabulous today.
This. His ability to calmly play the pass even when under pressure or take a touch and dribble past an attacker is so so vital and an underrated aspect of a defender's job.

In the same way you expect your strikers to defend from the front (like Rashford/Lingard did), you need your defenders to 'attack' or rather open play from the back.

el3mel

I can't believe some people here were doubting him when he got some bad games. Evaluation of players sometimes is too reactionary.

For a young defender in his first season in EPL , This is a very , very good season. He showed great potential and most of his mistakes are due to lack of experience , something he will get over time.

Robertd0803

There was one bit towards the end of the match where he ended up with the ball in our box and everyone expected him to hoof it up the pitch. Instead he feints and makes Costa(?) look stupid and holds on to the ball for another few seconds before passing it out of defense. Ice cool to find space in his own box at that point in the game. Bloody brilliant.

AR87

If he was having this level of debut season with City, Chelsea, Tottenham, etc. people would be jizzing themselves over him. He brings the comfort in possession Stones allegedly does with superior skills on the ball, physical attributes and defensive abilities.

He's still raw and rash at times, but even from the start of the season his mental game has improved to the point where he's been less dependent on using his athleticism to bail him out of bad positions he creates himself with mental lapses. Excellent growth from him in his first season at the club.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He was on the ground but still won 2 tackles towards the end of the game, that was brilliant commitment.

TsuWave

I can't believe some people here were doubting him when he got some bad games. Evaluation of players sometimes is too reactionary.

For a young defender in his first season in EPL , This is a very , very good season. He showed great potential and most of his mistakes are due to lack of experience , something he will get over time.
He has been excellent and is one of the best buys this season. had like 3 average performances and 1 bad one, aside from that, he's been good to great. Wouldn't trade him for any defender in the league.

el3mel

He has been excellent and is one of the best buys this season. had like 3 average performances and 1 bad one, aside from that, he's been good to great. Wouldn't trade him for any defender in the league.
Agree. A great defensive talent . Happy that our eyes caught him and brought him here.

Rossa

So funny when Costa repeatedly turned and tried to run away from Bailly. Costa is no slouch, but come on. Don't be silly.

He was great yesterday; he and Rojo are forming a great pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.