Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

I know we conceded, but I want to see him and Rojo given a long run. I think it will suit us in Europa League having these two.

Vaibhav Raj

Apart from being very agile and having good balance, he also kept good composure when he was on the ball. Every time he stuck a leg out and made an interception, he made sure of guiding the ball to one of our players which is very unlike our other defenders who just run full speed at the ball and hoof it away aimlessly most times. Can we have a few more smart, confident defenders please?

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
When we're chasing a game at home, we go all gung ho and leave ourselves exposed. This guy kept us in the game last night. I really enjoy watching him play, reads the game well, pacey and great one on one.

Web of Bissaka

Back to his Beast mode. :keano:Bailly 3. MOTM last game against Everton, Lukaku in his pocket.

Convincing partnership with Rojo, hope it blossoms even more if they start to always try outperforming the other like Ferdinand & Vidic did when Vidic start to take his claim. Bailly won last game though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You can tell he's been brought up in Spanish football. Everything on the floor he does really well. As others have mentioned he needs to learn how to time his jumps and use his neck a bit better. Jumps far too much like a pencil and the ball goes backwards half the time.

meninred

He has the potential and manutd fans have been spoilt with many great central defenders. So Bailly is gonna be unfortunately compared and judged on their level not his.

Web of Bissaka

He has the potential and manutd fans have been spoilt with many great central defenders. So Bailly is gonna be unfortunately compared and judged on their level not his.
Appreciate your concerns, but let's look at it this way. ;)For Bailly to be compared with the great CBs is a fortunate privilege and sign of our beliefs in him, a great elite level which he could enter due to his scary potential. It is a high standard which the best players have achieved anw and Bailly definitely are capable.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
He is a pro active defender which means from time to time he is going to look rather silly. Luckily from what I've seen he seems to come off far more than he doesn't.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He looks too weak in some physical battles, and he is nowhere near good enough in the air. He can't even challenge Anichebe in the air, let alone win the aerial ball ahead of him. And that reaction in the box was really poor.

Zoo

Anichebe is one of the strongest players in the league to be fair.

ravi2

Our defense looks solid with him there.
I'd sell Jones in the off season and find a decent starting CB to pair him with

SirAF

Ageist
I thought he played quite well. Still bothered by his heading. The ball seems to come of his head in completely random and unpredictable directions.
I agree. He's got the chance to become very good for us, just turning 23 in a few days!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I thought he played quite well. Still bothered by his heading. The ball seems to come of his head in completely random and unpredictable directions.
He was good, seems to be building a good partnership with Rojo, although Sunderland didn't really pose any threat after the red card.

Getting grief for not outmuscling Anichebe is very harsh.
You're right probably, just wanted him to be able to block the shot.

LouisDanGaal

Getting grief for not outmuscling Anichebe is very harsh.
Getting grief for getting turned in the six yard box is fair enough in my opinion. Anichebe never got the better of Darmian and he was at him all game. I thought Bailly made a couple of mistakes and was probably one of our worst players, not very like him though.

MadMike

Perhaps so, could be I'm looking for Vidic-level too soon :wenger:
People forget how silly Vidic was made to look at times. Torres used to tear him a new one most of the times they met.

He was a great defender for us, but it's a case of rose tinted glasses because it was a period of time that we were winning the EPL (and performing strongly in Europe) more often than not. No player is entirely faultless over a whole season, I have yet to see such a feat.

Bailly did great today, though I do think him and Smalling complement each other better than Bailly-Rojo. Both Bailly and Rojo tend to rush out and be a bit rash, while Smalling's happy to sit a bit deeper and be the last man. Also. Smalling is dominant in the air while Bailly is great on the ground with his tackling and interceptions.

Devil may care

Pretty decent game but where was he on their goal? had he gotten pulled right out into the RB zone?

Mike09

I thought he's been looking much much better in his last two games, looking very good and I even voted him as my motm the last game. I hope he can keep this up for the next game especially against Chelsea with Costa as a striker and Hazard on the left which tends to cutting inside as well.

El Jefe

I love his composure and confidence in himself to pick risky passes in between the lines to the midfield rather than the easy pass back to the keeper. That's the sort of arrogance and ability a United player should have.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He has alteast one brain fart every game where he bum rushes for a ball, totally misses it and has to have someone behind him to bail him out.

Pat Evra

He has alteast one brain fart every game where he bum rushes for a ball, totally misses it and has to have someone behind him to bail him out.
Well, I think this happens because he is overconfident with his decision-making sometimes and that's something I don't like about his game. He has to be more cautious and more focused, but that will come with age, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.