Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
IMHO I reckon he is Jose's one seriously bad buy and our answer to Citys Mangala. Dread to think where we will be in a years time if he is one of our two main central defenders.
You've had an absolute 'mare right there.

VanGaalEra

Get the feeling he's truly liked in the dressing room

Tom Van Persie

No relation
The Bailly and Smalling partnership just doesn't seem to be working. Bailly's performances have dropped off since he got back from the AFCON and since he was partnered with Smalling more regularly. Both of them were all over the place yesterday. Hope Jose has a good word with them both.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I am 99% certain that we are going to concede a goal at some point due to a loose back pass from him... and yet, I really like the bloke. He's mad in all the right ways.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Get the feeling he's truly liked in the dressing room

He's definitely got a lot of personality. You could see within a week of him being with the squad he was already super confident and having a laugh with everyone. I think we'll see more and more of him as he settles in here. I reckon he might be heir to Paddy's thrown.

Skills

Snitch
Was he dropped for the cup final performance? Because I thought he'd be certain to start today with his Europa League suspension

RedMaestro

Was he dropped for the cup final performance? Because I thought he'd be certain to start today with his Europa League suspension
That's probably the reason. Mourinho probably wanted the other defenders to have "match time" before the important game against Rostov?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's definitely got a lot of personality. You could see within a week of him being with the squad he was already super confident and having a laugh with everyone. I think we'll see more and more of him as he settles in here. I reckon he might be heir to Paddy's thrown.
He scared Valencia :eek:

ti vu

I'd imagine the fact he was shite in in his last start before the cup final was also taken into account.
And the first leg at home vs St Etienne too. That's 3 consecutive starts & wank performance.

That's probably the reason. Mourinho probably wanted the other defenders to have "match time" before the important game against Rostov?
This is sensible. Unlike video game, in real life for many instance, playing consecutive games help building form. Rest & start at times may disrupt player's form & backfire big time.

Grunge

So far away I get up 4am to just watch Utd on TV
You have to love the heart this man plays with!
Yes rash at times but I think we've already seen a maturity in this lad since the first few games of the season. If he continues to grow like that we will see him become a really great long-term CB for us.

IhabX7

He's been excellent except for one or two moments, which is normal for any player no matter how good he is.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He needs to get back to winning his personal battles again. That was what stuck about his early season form and it seems to have vanished since the AFCON.

Zoo

Been pretty good I think. He is a CB first and foremost most though.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Think he's tired, unfortunately we don't have time to rest him. But he's just not as sharp as he was at the start of the season.

Still not a bad game overall so far.

m1y2

some of his defending today pretty shocking losing easy headers and runs, yes made some ppl think he's a beast when outmuscling few players in the middle of the pitch but he has a looong way to go. It's really funny from some guys here to call him our best CB this season.

If I had a vote I'd go in order for 1.Rojo 2.Smalling 3.Jones 4.Bailly 5. Blind

acnumber9

He's really lacking in the basics. He's easy to like because he's all heart and he's a bit mad but he's all over the place.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He really is an idiot. As I said in another thread, a walking red card.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's really lacking in the basics. He's easy to like because he's all heart and he's a bit mad but he's all over the place.
Indeed. I am not sure if we were over-excited when we got him at the beginning of season, or he is playing worse than then.

It is quite weird that the only CB who doesn't look total shit (in fact, he looks very good) is Rojo.

acnumber9

Indeed. I am not sure if we were over-excited when we got him at the beginning of season, or he is playing worse than then.

It is quite weird that the only CB who doesn't look total shit (in fact, he looks very good) is Rojo.
I think it's a little of both. The same happened with Darmian. New players get cut more leeway for some reason.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Thought he was decent considering he was playing as a right back for large parts.

More interceptions than anyone else on the pitch today.

DeOddi

Mourinho really needs to teach him how to compete for headers. He just duck away from the ball for their goal, when it was actually a really easy clearance for him in that position.

Devil may care

He had an odd RB/RCB role and I thought he actually did quite well on the ball, but positionally he struggled defensively.

Coops73

Defence was odd today but he has lost some of his early season form in my opinion and there has been some hairy moments with him over the last couple of games.

Mike09

I was surprised to see his 6/10 overall rating for today's game. I expect him to be as bad as both Smalling and Jones today or worse but people in here seem still rate his performance high enough even though he was being out of position many times and losing header many times.

Varun

Staff
Looks lost as a RB as he struggles to position himself correctly. Is fine as a CB but definitely prone to mistakes due to his rash style.

Sylar

None of our defenders look comfy in this back three. Bailly has been hit and miss since his return from Acon (injury?)

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He has a hell of a lot to learn, but he's at the right club to do that I'd say.
Looks uncomfortable in a 3/5 back though, which is understandable but it's a necessity that we play it with all the injuries.

itso 7

Agree with this, something is off with him and wtf was that on their goal. If Rojo has rested enough then Bailly should go to the bench.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's still young and it's a new league for him. But he looks lost in a back three if we're honest. He didn't know if he should go wide or stay with his man at times.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He had a great first 3-4 months for us.
He then got injured.
He then recovered and went straight to AFCON.
When he returned, he has not been particularly good.

IMO, Rojo has been our best defender this season.

ti vu

None of our defenders look comfy in this back three. Bailly has been hit and miss since his return from Acon (injury?)
Seems like some voodoo. Came back & looked like a youth making his debut at times.

We need an rvn

For me he started to look like he's learning too much from Smalling in training. Lunging in, not reading the game that great (ie. like Cannavaro / Rio / Terry used to)

He'll improve but I am starting to doubt if he's the next Vidic I thought he would be

Status
Not open for further replies.