Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I didn't know much about Bailly before he came to United, but I'd wager there's a good chance Mourinho's coaching has actually improved Bailly up a tier or two from his level at Valencia, or at the least he's helping him to find consistency in his game. Again I have no idea how highly rated he was before, but at the time we signed him, it was very much a surprise signing for most United fans (and other fans). Perhaps the demands of the PL align better for Bailly than La Liga did.
Yeah I'm sure there's a massive psychological component to it, that has helped Bailly to gain confidence and raise his natural talents to another level. I remember an older interview where Ibra commented that Mourinho, during their Inter days, gave Ibar a ridiculous amount of confidence where he felt like Superman, and could do anything.

IrishRedDevil

Great defender - strong, fast, physical, decent with the ball at his feet and good at stepping out of defence to intercept.

He really needs to work on his headers though, as the ball seems to just bounce off his head in any random fashion.

3KDré

Great defender - strong, fast, physical, decent with the ball at his feet and good at stepping out of defence to intercept.

He really needs to work on his headers though, as the ball seems to just bounce off his head in any random fashion.
This is true, but there are promising signs because he can jump REALLY high. And Jose Mourinho is his coach.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I didn't know much about Bailly before he came to United, but I'd wager there's a good chance Mourinho's coaching has actually improved Bailly up a tier or two from his level at Valencia, or at the least he's helping him to find consistency in his game. Again I have no idea how highly rated he was before, but at the time we signed him, it was very much a surprise signing for most United fans (and other fans). Perhaps the demands of the PL align better for Bailly than La Liga did.
He hit the ground running since his first game for us (it was something ridiculous, like 4 MotM performances in a row? edit: only 2). Mourinho is a brilliant coach, but even he couldn't have coached him that well in those few weeks that they worked together. He probably inspired confidence in him, that's true - plus seeing as it was his personal approach that got us Bailly in the first place :drool:

Mourinho is the right manager for him in the long run though, and he'll definitely benefit from working with him

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I like how he tried to calm down the Fellaini red card situation. Seems to have a mature head on him.

AXVnee7

He hit the ground running since his first game for us (it was something ridiculous, like 4 MotM performances in a row? edit: only 2). Mourinho is a brilliant coach, but even he couldn't have coached him that well in those few weeks that they worked together. He probably inspired confidence in him, that's true - plus seeing as it was his personal approach that got us Bailly in the first place :drool:

Mourinho is the right manager for him in the long run though, and he'll definitely benefit from working with him
I remember he did, but I think he was making more mistakes as well and basically smashing like a truck into everyone. Recently some of his challenges have been absolutely outrageous, yet clean challenges too. Either way, it's scary to think he's only 23 years of age and how much he could develop. It's too early to suggest he could become world class, but he certainly has a very good foundation to build on.

lopiop

As much as a beast he is, that was a stupid attempt to challenge from behind and ultimately led him to injure himself.

Kag

Mentally weak, or something...

Perhaps he would have come off after the initial injury had he not been under relentless pressure to play through it. Just a thought.

MrPooni

As much as a beast he is, that was a stupid attempt to challenge from behind and ultimately led him to injure himself.
I think playing 12 or so games in a row, including 120+ minutes in the Europa League has more to do with it than the challenge itself but that's just me.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Appalling from Bailly. Should have gotten on with like a real man. Mentally weak, a pussy, a coward and should be sold asap.

Kag

I think playing 12 or so games in a row, including 120+ minutes in the Europa League has more to do with it than the challenge itself but that's just me.
How on earth does playing 12 games in a row contribute to a tackle in which the player does actively injure himself?

He clearly wasn't injured before the tackle.

lopiop

Yep his mileage may have been high, but why does he need to challenge from behind (actually kicking llorentes foot awkwardly) . He seems to try to be too aggressive at times, needs to be more calmer.

MrPooni

How on earth does playing 12 games in a row contribute to a tackle in which the player does actively injure himself?

He clearly wasn't injured before the tackle.
The same way Rooney's old running style contributed to a spate of metatarsal injuries. The same way stiff clutch pedals in Ryan Giggs' vast array of luxury cars lead to him having serious hamstring problem over a number of years. Accumulative strain increases the likelihood of any and all injuries so it's not crazy to suggest Eric Bailly making the same stupid challenge on the same player in the same area of the pitch at an earlier point in the season would have came away from that exchange relatively unscathed, which is why I put it out there.

Zen

Milked his way to 60 minutes like, what do we reckon that he has himself in his own fantasy team? Probably such a competitive fantasy league, he celebrated when Gylfi scored too due to everyone else having Valencia......

prateik

No defenders against Celta in the EL semis? Hope he is fine, that is our only hope.. If we mess that up, the season ends a few weeks early .

Ban

Not sure who started it but Mourinho himself contributed to it by implying some of our players don't want to bite the pain and play through an injury. That must be what he's referring to.
I don't think he's crazy enough to think anyone should play through a real injury. I guess he means knock or if player thinks he has pain but it's nothing.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So frustrating that he's injured himself with a stupid tackle that didn't need to happen. Llorente was going backwards and he's tried to win the ball through the man. Really really stupid.

I hope he isn't injured properly and it's just a dead foot as we badly need him.

Devil may care

Because Jose thinks Smalling and Jones are vaginas I don't get the mocking jokes, we aren't behind the scenes and don't have access to the medical teams opinions that Jose has. As for Bailly, we are fecking cursed, our season left the pitch with him most likely.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Such a joke! He is an absolute beast of a defender, perhaps slightly rash, but that's an age thing, it's good to have someone with some enthusiasm in our side regardless.

Bet he's out for the season.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

I knew this would happen with him playing match after match. Should have given him a rest, even though it's difficult with no one else but a 18 year old kid to take over.

Hopefully it's not serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.