Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPooni

:houllier: I'm still searching for the white text.
"My love of cars is well known and I used to switch from one model to another every few months," said Giggs

"Experts told me the different stiff clutch pedals on my cars might have been putting extra stress on my left leg and aggravating my hamstring.

I decided to stick with the same car and it seems to have done the trick because I've been fit for virtually the whole of this season so far," added Giggs

"I've had the best non-stop run of games since I was 19."

"It means so much to me because I had started to become really down about the injury problems I was having," he said.

"I would think I was over the problem but then suddenly it would go again and I would be sidelined for a few weeks.

When I returned it would take me three weeks to get back to match sharpness then the hamstring would go again - it was a vicious circle and very frustrating."

Source: http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/why-a-fleet-of-flash-cars-left-giggsy-hamstrung-6351132.html

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I understand the precarious situation with him being the only fit CB but generally first choice CB's do play every game

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
:houllier: File that under "strange but true" drawer. I really thought that was a joke.

Any idea how bad Bailly's injury is?

Ashley R1+O

You can tell he is gassed. Any update on the injury? Didn't look good, basically savaged the back of Llorente's leg and got injured :lol:.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Did anyone else notice that he was making a big meal out of every challenge from the first few minutes of the match? Seemed as though every time he hit the deck he'd take a minute or two to get up. Strange behaviour tbh. I guess he was just in bits, physically. That said, I'm sure we've had central defenders go through similar runs of games before without falling apart. Rio/Vidic in succesful CL seasons, for example.

jungledrums

Did anyone else notice that he was making a big meal out of every challenge from the first few minutes of the match? Seemed as though every time he hit the deck he'd take a minute or two to get up. Strange behaviour tbh. I guess he was just in bits, physically. That said, I'm sure we've had central defenders go through similar runs of games before without falling apart. Rio/Vidic in succesful CL seasons, for example.
Yep, noticed this. Which is what leads me to believe it's just exhaustion more than anything else, with the ankle injury just aggravating his situation. Shock return for Celta Vigo on the cards!

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Yep, noticed this. Which is what leads me to believe it's just exhaustion more than anything else, with the ankle injury just aggravating his situation. Shock return for Celta Vigo on the cards!
That's what I thought. But central defenders don't do much running (and, as a team we run less than anyone else anyway) so it was weird to see such an obvious display of exhaustion. Certainly not something I've ever seen before. And I'm convinced we've had centre backs play just as many games over the same period of time without falling apart. Could be wrong though?

red4ever 79

Looked knackered. Just a knock on the foot maybe some bruising. How far away are we from having medics coming on with portable x ray machines? Is that even possible? That fascinates me whether diagnosis could be given there and then and would stop people coming off with preventative concerns.

jungledrums

That's what I thought. But central defenders don't do much running (and, as a team we run less than anyone else anyway) so it was weird to see such an obvious display of exhaustion. Certainly not something I've ever seen before. And I'm convinced we've had centre backs play just as many games over the same period of time without falling apart. Could be wrong though?
Hmm, could be a mixture of the travel as well, but you are right in that it's hardly an unheard of amount of games that he's played consecutively, even when considering the time frame that he's played those games within.
I think the physical nature of the CB role, and in particular Bailley's style, (lots of tussling etc) could lead to his supposed exhaustion. I'm with you though, was unusual to see.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Hmm, could be a mixture of the travel as well, but you are right in that it's hardly an unheard of amount of games that he's played consecutively, even when considering the time frame that he's played those games within.
I think the physical nature of the CB role, and in particular Bailley's style, (lots of tussling etc) could lead to his supposed exhaustion. I'm with you though, was unusual to see.
Just checked. The most games Vidic played in a season for us was 55. Eric's played 33 games for us so far this season (plus ACON)

EDIT: Nemanja played an average of 44 games per season throughout his first 5 full seasons!

Total distance covered isn't high but there are a lot of sprints. If he has a niggle, which is likely given how he flies into tackles, it will still show up pretty quickly

Litch

Not sure we can compare past CB's number of games with the current given most of the games in the past were played in the oppositions half and no ours. Whilst it's a bit tongue n' check, it's always easier and less intense despite the number of games if your playing attacking winning football.....

Treble

Just checked. The most games Vidic played in a season for us was 55. Eric's played 33 games for us so far this season (plus ACON)
He hasn't played many games but he's had many intensive games in a short period: Chelsea, Anderlecht (120 minutes), Burnley, City. That's 4 physically intense games within 11 days. Swansea was his 5th game within 14 days. And Swansea stated the game quite intensively, pressing us all ove the pitch.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
This was extra obvious when you were there as well. I thought he looked leggy all game. Maybe he has a knock. Very impressive though.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Hoping he somehow returns for Celta game or worst case 2nd leg. If he is unavailable, I think Fellaini will be played like 3rd CB, as vs Burnley with Valencia, Darmian, Blind and Young as others in backline.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
He hasn't played many games but he's had many intensive games in a short period: Chelsea, Anderlecht (120 minutes), Burnley, City. That's 4 physically intense games within 11 days. Swansea was his 5th game within 14 days. And Swansea stated the game quite intensively, pressing us all ove the pitch.
Yeah, the 120 minutes vs Anderlecht is probably what finished him. Just seemed strange to see someone so obviously suffering from fatigue so early on in a game. When Ayew knocked him over in the first few minutes he looked like he could barely get up. Don't think I've seen that happen before. I guess it's possible I've never seen someone rack up so many minutes over such a short period of time?

jungledrums

Hoping he somehow returns for Celta game or worst case 2nd leg. If he is unavailable, I think Fellaini will be played like 3rd CB, as vs Burnley with Valencia, Darmian, Blind and Young as others in backline.
Hope not! Fellaini has to start (unfortunately), but it should be alongside Pogba, in my opinion.

red4ever 79

If he is out of the Celta game, then I think we will go Carrick/Blind with Fellaini sitting in front of them flanked by Herrera and Pogba. I mean what other options are there? Darmian at CB?

The Man Himself

Hope not! Fellaini has to start (unfortunately), but it should be alongside Pogba, in my opinion.
Vs Burnley too he wasn't exactly a CB imo but was deep when they had ball. Maybe a role similar to that. A complete back 5 will harm our attack as well in terms of linkup. Best case scenario is, Bailly being fit. That will mean we can play a regular back 4 and the midfield 3 will protect back 4 as well as link with front 3.

The Man Himself

Ankle was strapped but didn't leave on crutches.

AXVnee7

If he is out of the Celta game, then I think we will go Carrick/Blind with Fellaini sitting in front of them flanked by Herrera and Pogba. I mean what other options are there? Darmian at CB?
Why not take a punt on Tuanzebe? Sure it's a gamble but it'd do wonders for the lad's confidence.

Donut

Why not take a punt on Tuanzebe? Sure it's a gamble but it'd do wonders for the lad's confidence.
Or completely crush it if he has a bad game. Which is completely possible considering he hasn't played any top flight football yet.

AXVnee7

Or completely crush it if he has a bad game. Which is completely possible considering he hasn't played any top flight football yet.
Yup, that's essentially the gamble. I don't think Jose trusts him enough yet as preferred Darmian at CB, but if his view of League's importance has been drastically affected by the result then we may see him in.

Red_toad

Absolutely zero pace in the middle of the park. Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen!

Special_One

Tuanzebe is a 'Nicky Butt player' and should only be used if absolutely necessary, and in my opinion, he isn't yet. Don't destroy the lads confidence. As Jose says, if us and Palace have nothing to play for, give the U23's a game. Otherwise, use them when needed.

As for Bailly, was good yesterday. A lot of credit deserved for playing every game in April, almost 900 minutes. Hopefully he isn't out too long and he'll be back for Arsenal on Sunday if not Celta this week.

Alabaster Codify7

He's brilliant but I've said all season, he's too gung-ho - everything is 100% commitment and horsepower which while exciting to watch, will lead to contact injuries and cards unless it's tempered a bit. I certinaly don't want him losing his fire but he just needs to be a bit more clever about when he lunges in.

He's the last man we needed to be injured this weekend, with Celta away coming up. You couldn't script it.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Excellent. Along with Jones and Smalling and Pogba.

A lot more confident if we can get those players back.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Smalling, Jones and Bailly training! I was thinking we were doomed defensively for the Celta game. hopefully they are in decent shape to play and are not rushed too much.

Son Of Sam

Smalling, Jones and Bailly training! I was thinking we were doomed defensively for the Celta game. hopefully they are in decent shape to play and are not rushed too much.
Rest Bailly for Arsenal.
Let those 2 sick notes battle it out against Celta & they'd better not concede a goal in Spain.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I hope he's not being brought back too quickly.
Don't think it was a muscle problem, more of a bruise in an awkward area that made him stiffen up. Should be fine after a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.