Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Shoutout to my boy Blind who was a 5 ft 10 mountain alongside him too.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
One year younger than Michael Keane.

That is "PFA Young Player Of The Year" nominee Michael Keane, just to be clear.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
If he keeps going like this he can become one of the best defenders in Europe

I thought after his injury and African nations he went through a small dodgy patch, but in recent weeks he has been immense

Last edited:

Bojan11

If he keeps going like this he can become one of the best defenders in Europe

I thought after his injury and African nations he went through a small dodgy shoulder patch, but in recent weeks he has been immense
That was because he wasn't playing regularly as Jones and Rojo were looking good.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Such a composed performance from him considering the circumstances. He's really maturing into a top class centre back.

Sylar

My MOTM. Thought he gave a 9/10 performance. At a time where we really are struggling for options, hes been fantastic for us.
Nuts thats hes 23, but thats great for us. Will only get better.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's class. Started off the season really well, got an injury, went to afcon, then was slightly shaky but after that bit he has gone back to being a beast. Just looks like a potentially world class center back.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Effortless class.

I think he's just got all the attributes to become one of the best CBs around. He's brilliant.

AgentP

We should take a gamble and rest him against Swansea. He won't get a break till the end of the season otherwise. Just play Blind and Tuanzebe next game.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Has played a big part in our defensive record:
Of those, only 2 goals have been allowed since his league return vs Watford in February. Vidić and Ferdinand's names have been mentioned because of the United link, and to provide another slant - he's kinda like a Desailly-Thuram hybrid - lofty praise, and Bailly probably won't reach their level, but he's very much a '90s defender given his resolve, aggression, nous, and interest in defending first and foremost - which is becoming a rare trait these days, especially among the younger defenders. And as a good as Bailly is right now, he's still very young and adjusting to the elite level - could become consistently monstrous with 2-3 years of development under a central defensive guru like Mourinho.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I love his slide tackle technique. He seems to slide on his arse, before swivelling to sweep the ball away.

He's been very good lately. Had a few stinkers when he returned from injury,but he's back on it and looking great.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Has played a big part in our defensive record:
Of those, only 2 goals have been allowed since his league return vs Watford in February. Vidić and Ferdinand's names have been mentioned because of the United link, and to provide another slant - he's kinda like a Desailly-Thuram hybrid - lofty praise, and Bailly probably won't reach their level, but he's very much a '90s defender given his resolve, aggression, nous, and interest in defending first and foremost - which is becoming a rare trait these days, especially among the younger defenders. And as a good as Bailly is right now, he's still very young and adjusting to the elite level - could become consistently monstrous with 2-3 years of development under a central defensive guru like Mourinho.
On top of all those qualities, he is excellent on the ball. We've got a hell of a prospect on our hands.

Murray3007

Thought he was our best player last night, excellent defending and looked compsed on the ball.

ike

Another fantastic performance. Thought him and Blind did well last night. Still the signing of the season for me!

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Despite his dodgy heading technique, he was winning some big headers last night and leaping like a salmon.

red4ever 79

Needs to learn when to put his foot through the ball and get rid. Other than that another solid display. We play with two CB's and this guy has to take one of those positions, and that's in his first season. Impressive

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He is so much better when playing the RCB. No surprise that when he played with Smalling in the LCB he didn't look as good.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If anti left footed LCB brigade see your post...oh boy
:lol: as nuts as LVG was I think he had a point, it is better to have Left footers on the right and vice versa, it's just hard to find good left footed CB's the pool is obviously much smaller.

Which makes Rojo's injury even more annoying :(

Status
Not open for further replies.