Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHaze

I think we have a problem here. He is a fantastic CB, good on the ball, good in the air, good at intercepting but he is starting to remind me of Jones, one clash and he's on the grass in discomfort. This is starting to look like one of those scenarios where you have a world class player but his career will be ruined by injuries. I really hope thats not the case.

Stadjer

Injured again? I do like him and he is a decent enough defender but if he cant stay fit he should be sold.

The perma injured centreback spot has been Phil Jones his spot for years now... or maybe it means Jones is going to be sold and Bailly will take his place?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's fantastic, just needs to stop being so wreckless. he's got a touch of the Jones' about him.

Absolutely bossed the first half though, he and Lindelof seemed a good pairing.

Acole9

Outstanding
Best I've seen him out of all the pre season matches, needs to stop throwing himself into challenges, he always comes off worse.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
The Ivorian Phil Jones or are we cursed to have constant injuries in defence?

DownRiver

If we don't get any new defender (which is highly to be the case), then I think Bailly and Lindelof would be excellent together. They have not played together much last season for reasons to with Lindelof mistakes seeing him out of the team, Bailly injured or dropped for unlnown reasons.

They would be a decent CB combo who would actually compliment each other. Lindelof is calm and a ball playing centre back. Bailly is a no-no sense defender who has matured a bit and will be less rash with time.

If they are fit, I see no reason why they can't lead us to trophies. I am more worried about LB position with Shaw being unimpressive, and two 33 year old full backs.

Maybe Da lot, Bailly and Lindelof are good enough to step up? Then again, you need a manager who is willing to give them an opportunity and coach them.

macheda14

If we don't get any new defender (which is highly to be the case), then I think Bailly and Lindelof would be excellent together. They have not played together much last season for reasons to with Lindelof mistakes seeing him out of the team, Bailly injured or dropped for unlnown reasons.

They would be a decent CB combo who would actually compliment each other. Lindelof is calm and a ball playing centre back. Bailly is a no-no sense defender who has matured a bit and will be less rash with time.

If they are fit, I see no reason why they can't lead us to trophies. I am more worried about LB position with Shaw being unimpressive, and two 33 year old full backs.

Maybe Da lot, Bailly and Lindelof are good enough to step up? Then again, you need a manager who is willing to give them an opportunity and coach them.
Neither are great in the air

Ekeke

If this is so, why chose them to come to United in the first place? That must be nonsense.
Because we have Smalling who is good in the air.

The best duos usually cover each others weaknesses as it makes them both look better. Smalling covers theirs

macheda14

If this is so, why chose them to come to United in the first place? That must be nonsense.
I mean do you watch them? They both have their merits, but those merits don’t include heading. Bailly has misjudged the flight of the ball far far too much.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Glass man prone to getting himself injured in stupid tackles.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Let's hope he stays fit throughout the season. Was immense today.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Absolutely immense tonight, hopefully he can remain fit throughout the season.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Our best CB by quite a lot. Can't fathom how some people still think anything else.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We all know how good he can be on a good day. The question is whether he can do it consistently. The previous two seasons the answer has been no (both because of injury and just inconsistent form in general), but hopefully this season he'll be able to carry it through.

LoneStar

What a beast of a player. Love watching him defend. Hope he has an amazing season.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
If he manages to stay injury free he will be amongst the best CB's in the league, easily.

£30m for this guy, compare it to what we would have to pay for Maguire, why we shouldn't buy from the PL.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Needs to be more aware during crosses. Other than that he got some Vidic's factor in his tackling from time to time.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Great performance today but really hope he can show a little bit more composure. Too erratic at times.

Devil may care

MOTM for me, had a good game and worked reasonably well with Lindelof given they've not played together much.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
When he's good, he's great. He was mostly great but a bit too blood and thunder at times. That high boot in the penalty area in the 1st half was mental, when it looked easier to head it. He was lucky to get away with that two footer as well.

He needs to calm down a bit, or he's a straight red waiting to happen.

Ubermensch

All this guy has to do is stay fit and get a little bit more training to be one of the best cb's in the league.

Minimalist

He's a nutcase - he'll get a few cards this season. Good defending tonight though.

NinjaFletch

Thought he played well enough but was characteristically rash and far too reliant on his physicality like normal.

tjb

Bailly's problem is very simple. For the most part he is mainly great, with occassional concentration switches. However he looks poor when he is unfit, moreso than the average defender coming back from injury. I think it has something to do with the physicality of his game. So he is the type of player that the club must do everything to keep fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.