Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZAGREB RED

What surprised me more than anything was that Mourinho left him on for the whole game, I was amazed when he came back out for the second half.

Red_Aaron

That was right up there (or should that be down there?) with the worst performances I've seen from a united player.

I like him generally but that was a absolute shocker

Ekeke

Spectacularly bad first half. Seemed to lose his nerve completely.

If he had stayed in position for their first goal and let Fred track the wide player, Bailly would probably have cut out the cross before it reached Murray. Not that bad an error but a very costly one. After that it was a horror show, conceding a needless corner and then the penalty.
Thats not how we defend. He did the typical Smalling covering for fullback move which is how we defend. Our fullback takes themselves out of the game so our CB comes over to cover them and the other CB moves over to cover his position, then the fullback on the other side tucks in to take over the furthest CB position.

The problem was not that he came out to cover for his fullback, its that he made a pretty weak challenge and the ball went under his legs into the most dangerous position. But the main problem was Lindelof not moving over to cover his position like he should have.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's not our best CB like many seem to think, and he never was. He's shown good spells, but he's shown how poor he can be more than he has shown how good he can be.

His last ditch challenges are usually impressive (definitely not today though!) but he's got so much he needs to improve on. Still can't head the ball. Still doesn't ever seem to know where to be, and the decisions he makes are properly mental. On days like today, he makes David Luiz look as composed as Rio Ferdinand.

I'd be shocked if Smalling doesn't come back in next week. He's far from perfect either, but he tends to much more good than bad, which can't be said for Bailly right now. And at least he fecking header the ball.

Minimalist

Needs a proper defender beside him (Smalling).

And better coaching probably.

Bobski

Car Crash defending today, not helped by being partnered by the invisible man.

You might be a little nervous at giving Mou more money for CB's given that performance from those 2.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
What a terrible performance from Eric Bailly today. The worst centre half performances I can remember from a long long time. I don't think we have a future with this guy.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
50/50 player. Either he's good, or, he's bad.

No in-between. I didn't want to risk myself going there because he's a black player and people tend to jump on you lately for saying this, but he is not the sharpest. He's been going by with his god-given physical ability so far. Which is still better than Lindelof most of the time mind you.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
There’s nothing positive you can say about that performance, as much as I like the guy.
He’s comfortable on the ball but what did he really do with it when he had possession?
Passed it to Young, Lindelof, DDG and the nearest midfielder.
As for his positional awareness, aerial ability and defensive displays? The less said the better quite frankly.

Smalling has to come back for Spurs, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Jose went 3 at the back either.

Treble

Struggle to understand the hype. Top 5 CB in the league? Dear me.

He's ok, not bad but not excellent either.

Classical Mechanic

There’s nothing positive you can say about that performance, as much as I like the guy.
He’s comfortable on the ball but what did he really do with it when he had possession?
Passed it to Young, Lindelof, DDG and the nearest midfielder.
As for his positional awareness, aerial ability and defensive displays? The less said the better quite frankly.

Smalling has to come back for Spurs, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Jose went 3 at the back either.
He really isn't. The second goal came from one of his bizarre shanks that went flying out for a corner. He also has a tendency to do weird karate kick clearances.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
He really isn't. The second goal came from one of his bizarre shanks that went flying out for a corner. He also has a tendency to do weird karate kick clearances.
Well he doesn’t look uncomfortable with the ball, which is my point. Lindelof is the closest thing we have to a ball playing centre back, Bailly in possession doesn’t look awakward but does stupid things - and this doesn’t get picked up on enough.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Bullied by Murray all day.... Can't wait to see him against Kane in 8 days :nervous:

Coops73

One of the worst performances I’ve seen by a united player. Lost the fecking plot from the beginning.

King Eric 7

Apart from being poor at times, I think he can also be rash and brainless. For parts of the game, he looked like a complete amateur, but he is also way better than this dismal performance suggests.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Bailly's ability on the ball is similar to the rest of his game. Inconsistent. On a good day he's comfortably better on the ball than any of our other options barring maybe Lindelof. But on an off day he'll be all over the place, trying to do too much and giving the ball away stupidly.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

Made a bunch of questionable decisions, but didn't help that Young was getting beaten handily by B&H's wide players. Valencia and Dalot can't come soon enough...

Romez

I rate Bailly but he is ridiculously overrated by our fans.

A lot of you act like he's one of the best defenders in the league/world when he's nowhere near... yet.

He's not great in the air, way too rash i'm always worried about him getting a yellow/red.

buckooo1978

played with all the grace of a Giraffe on rollerskates

seemed to be stretching, slipping and lunging all over the show

uncharacteristic for him and I am a Bailly fan. In 2 years though he's definitely still closer to a Jones/Smalling tier player than a Vidic/Ferdinand

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
played with all the grace of a Giraffe on rollerskates

seemed to be stretching, slipping and lunging all over the show

uncharacteristic for him and I am a Bailly fan. In 2 years though he's definitely still closer to a Jones/Smalling tier player than a Vidic/Ferdinand
Those things you mentioned aren't uncharacteristic for him though. He definitely needs to improve. Can only be raw for so long.

buckooo1978

Those things you mentioned aren't uncharacteristic for him though. He definitely needs to improve. Can only be raw for so long.
yes I suppose he does have that rash lunging streak that normally results in a self-inflicted injury

automaticflare

Applies to every single CB in our squad. But, according to Woodward, they’re all good enough as it is.
Right then why would he trust Jose to go buy more after he bought lindelof and bailly??

And if he don’t trust him then he needs to sack him

Classical Mechanic

They're not though. I and a few others posted last week that he's all over the show and dodgy as anything. It seems to me that people ignore his glaring flaws because he's an aggressive and strong defender.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Right then why would he trust Jose to go buy more after he bought lindelof and bailly??

And if he don’t trust him then he needs to sack him
Because expecting any manager to not sign any duds is mental. And I don’t necessarily think they’re both duds. But they clearly need a steady hand alongside them to get the best out of them. See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.