Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBest

I love his fearless play. He can play the ball, run, track, tackle, defend - today he reached legendary status after doing the work for two CB positions. I would be interested to see him paired with Lindeloff or Tuanzabee. Pace at the back allows us to attack more.

Rolaholic

His tremendous recovery and tracking speed against some of the paciest strikers in the league would earn him the nod over Vic for me when fit.

He's really solid when he's more assertive in his play like today. You'll still get occasional recklessness but that same tenacity is part of what makes him such an asset. We would've ended up with just a point if it wasn't there.

York

Great performance by Bailly. Even on their goal he seemed to be the only one to recognize the danger of Grealish out wide alone. He was calling for someone to pick him up but it was too late. Maguire our captain needs to be on top of those sorts of moments.

SplitzMagic

It's a big if, but if he remains injury free and deliver consistent performances like today from now until the end of season then we don't actually need to spend 50m+ on a new CB.
Nah...we still do.

You sound like Woody and the other suited guys in the boardroom right now.

We need 1 more solid cb a rb and Grealish. Only then will we be nice.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Think he can get better aerially, considering his injury problems the fact he’s played so much is incredible.

Mental guy but I love him.

Fracture90

Honestly he was amazing tonight, but had he gotten himself sent off with that challenge, safe to say I'd would have been done with him.

If he is able to stay healthy he can be a great asset for us.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
The challenge was reckless. He was colossal, but you always feel he has the capacity to throw an absolutely shocking moment in.

Idxomer

I think he was lucky in that challenge because the ref blew his whistle before he went in the Villa player.

I think Oliver also knew Mings should've seen a red card too and let it go.

Jericholyte2

I’ve been arguing it with friends for ages and this is what’s so frustrating. I genuinely believe he’s our best CB and if we could get 40 games a season with him and Maguire together, we’d be set.

He has everything we need in a CB plus that little bit of crazy that makes him fun to watch, but if he could get 10, 15, 20 games in a row under him I think we’d see him shake off a lot of the mistakes he makes (being lacking in match fitness and sharpness) and would be a great CB for us.

Just needs to stop getting injured!

Quintessential Bailly game. Brilliant performance, best CB on the pitch, but could easily have left a stud up and been sent off for a needless challenge.

You can never relax around him and that's not an ideal quality fo a defender.

Hoboman

His combination of gracefulness, atleticism and technique is absolutely unique. He also blends periods of absolute calmness with some moments of total unpredictability.

He probably will never fullfil his potential due to injuries, but as long as he stays fit, he is joy to watch and is the most entertaining centrebeck in the league.

eltigreFalcao

Peak Bailly is the missing CB we've been craving for, and given his injury record I think the best thing to do is for Ole to rotate wisely between him and Tuanzebe, also if you ask me Maguire could also benefit of some rotation as well, our main 4 CBs should all be getting minutes in order for them to be at their best each time they play

DeGea

He reminds me of a Rio Ferdinand on the ball, albeit a slightly unhinged version! Fantastic performance. Our best CB in terms of natural ability.

Love the hugs his team mates gave him at the end. He must be quite a good lad to have around the dressing room, he looks like he could be quite a joker and a little crazy.

Redlyn

There is always a moment of madness in him and I don't feel he can cut it out completely, it's his natural game but it's a small price to pay for this kind of quality. Only if he could stay fit....

Vernon Philander

Overall a decent performance but I think people are over-doing it with the praise a bit here. He still had that rash sliding 2 footer which was close to being a straight red. He cannot help it. Thought Luke Shaw had a better game tbh.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Brilliant performance again. Also having watched the replay of when he lunged in to try and win the ball, that was absolutely fine IMO and he put in a controlled challenge which was never gonna be a red. But I'm glad he contested the ball because the ball was there to be won.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Brilliant performance again. Also having watched the replay of when he lunged in to try and win the ball, that was absolutely fine IMO and he put in a controlled challenge which was never gonna be a red. But I'm glad he contested the ball because the ball was there to be won.
He doesn't need to follow through with his left foot like that. It looks two footed and at that point a ref could not look kindly on it.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I've said a million times he is our best defender at the club and he is. Its just getting a consistant run of games and remaining injury free.

He has all the attributes of a top defender.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He doesn't need to follow through with his left foot like that. It looks two footed and at that point a ref could not look kindly on it.
Maybe not but you have to contest the ball in that scenario. I've seen Konate and Upamecano do the same countless times which is what is expected of a CB under a coach who wants to implement a front foot approach.

He's gonna make mistakes just like the rest of our CBs but he's our only CB who I would have no worries about in a 1v1 scenario against any attacker in the league.

RedorDead21

I’ve been arguing it with friends for ages and this is what’s so frustrating. I genuinely believe he’s our best CB and if we could get 40 games a season with him and Maguire together, we’d be set.

He has everything we need in a CB plus that little bit of crazy that makes him fun to watch, but if he could get 10, 15, 20 games in a row under him I think we’d see him shake off a lot of the mistakes he makes (being lacking in match fitness and sharpness) and would be a great CB for us.

Just needs to stop getting injured!
over those 40 games he’d have loads of brain farts I’d expect. He throws them in at least once every 3 games in all honesty....

A-man

Maybe not but you have to contest the ball in that scenario. I've seen Konate and Upamecano do the same countless times which is what is expected of a CB under a coach who wants to implement a front foot approach.

He's gonna make mistakes just like the rest of our CBs but he's our only CB who I would have no worries about in a 1v1 scenario against any attacker in the league.
I think he plays more mature and controlled in general now and this kind of reckless tackles are more rare. Imo his weaknesses 1v1 is the space he leaves behind him sometimes. There was on time in first half where he missed the run behind his back but got good help from Fred. His other weakness 1v1 is aerials in the box. One of their their biggest chances was when he lost a header against Watkins who is quite small but positioned himself smartly. Davies also got a free header in the box.maybe it is more his positioning that is poor that his actual heading.

Lewnited

He’s the most exciting CB I’ve ever seen. Now whether you want that from a CB is another question but when he’s good he’s exceptional.
This is basically it for me too :lol: I don't think I've ever enjoyed watching a CB as much as this guy. Another awesome performance!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Hyperbole abounds once again. Been here before. Refuse to get excited. He’ll get injured or do something brain dead before long. Guarantee it. Good performance today. Maguire was superb too.

Polar

Bailly is a world class CB when he is fit and is able to play regularly. If he avoids injuries and interruptions, I think we have solved the situation regarding CB, which many have been concerned about.

Now we can focus our targeting on a RW and a CDM :D

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think he plays more mature and controlled in general now and this kind of reckless tackles are more rare. Imo his weaknesses 1v1 is the space he leaves behind him sometimes. There was on time in first half where he missed the run behind his back but got good help from Fred. His other weakness 1v1 is aerials in the box. One of their their biggest chances was when he lost a header against Watkins who is quite small but positioned himself smartly. Davies also got a free header in the box.maybe it is more his positioning that is poor that his actual heading.
This is a fair assessment and I agree with what you're saying. Can't really disagree with you again..

Status
Not open for further replies.