Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
kept saying it for a while...our best CB...just pray to god he stays fit

Ludens the Red

Naturally the best, most all rounded centre half at the club even after all these years. If he stays fit and focused we’ll be talking about who we replace Maguire with to play alongside him.

Rolaholic

Massive performance today and seeing the lads swarm him after that block once the final whistle blew brought a smile to my face :)

Proper chuffed to see Bailly stepping up these last few weeks while he's fit.

Sucks for Vic since he was playing well before injury but I think Bailly offers a bit more defensively next to Harry. His pace and fearlessness/tenacity provides the perfect foil for him

EdinburghDevil

Really hoping he can stay fit and continue this form. He's been getting better with every game.

amsoUG

We were scorned for calling him the best defender at the club - not surprised by today, he is the one defender I know who will always rival attackers for the MOTM because he is a very big performer - a natural talent.

MU655

Very good today, but I just cannot get excited about him. You know that he is just going to get injured again in a couple of weeks.

We need someone more reliable, unfortunately, as he has always seemed a good player when he is able to play more than one game.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I love the mad bastard. Makes such a huge difference to the team

Pace Abuser

He was imperious. Absolutely bossed it. Bringing the ball out of defence, shimmying round players, finding a pass, turning the opposition toward their own goal.
What a performance.

DoomSlayer

Ole needs to show some balls and keep him in the starting 11, he elevates the team. Have Lindelof actually compete with Maguire for the other spot.

Riz

I’m just gunna enjoy it while it lasts cause we’ve been here so many times only for another injury to rule him out for months.

When fit he’s brilliant. His body feints and movement with the ball are exceptional and he brings such a calming influence in that respect, always buys himself more time or space to keep the ball. The non-calming influence of the potential flying assault at any moment is still there but that aggression usually stands him in good stead.

-Supreme-

It's a big if, but if he remains injury free and deliver consistent performances like today from now until the end of season then we don't actually need to spend 50m+ on a new CB.

The United

A very good player on the ground just like Lindelof. But, can't help thinking we need someone who is good in the air for defending/attacking set pieces along side with our captain.

The amount of chance we gave away in set pieces because we can't dominate in the air is pretty ridiculous.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Just keep going Eric

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’m just gunna enjoy it while it lasts cause we’ve been here so many times only for another injury to rule him out for months.

When fit he’s brilliant. His body feints and movement with the ball are exceptional and he brings such a calming influence in that respect, always buys himself more time or space to keep the ball. The non-calming influence of the potential flying assault at any moment is still there but that aggression usually stands him in good stead.
Good summary. He’s ice man on the ball, a raving maniac without it. We needed that maniac in the last few seconds though.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

:lol: Put perfectly.

Silas

I think he's pretty underrated on the ball. Beats the press regularly.

Devil may care

Had another very good game bar the daft lunge, and that along with worrying every time he goes down that he's injured, are why I don't think he's the long term answer.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Best game I can remember him having for us. For my money, he's better than Lindelof and suits Maguire as a partner, games like this show how valuable having two proactive defenders is. It might seem like I'm being needlessly negative but he's still too unreliable for my liking, he'll either end up with another injury or a daft red card soon enough.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Potentially the best CB in the league if he could stay fit for a season

KW2006

What is weird is he could still perform at such high level after basically not playing and developing for several years.

VivaRonaldo85

The biggest compliment I can give him is he has all the traits of Nemanja Vidic and is even better on the ball playing out of defence.

The biggest negative I can give him is he has an injury record made up of a hybrid of Darren Anderton and Phil Jones.

Just enjoy him until his next injury. A great foil for Maguire at CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.