Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud7

Wrap him up in cotton wool!!! The perfect foil for the powerful in the air Maguire, both cover each other's flaws perfectly
Said this in the post match thread, in terms of their qualities they complement each other much better than any other pairing.

Superunknown

He was quality tonight. Please please please keep this guy fit. Put him in a well ventilated and warm box and store him away for the next game. Don't let anyone near him.

MetoTTT

2nd consecutive MOTM for me. Hope he'll keep it up and stay injury free. We badly need him. Even if he's "championship level".

fergie_god

Another player vastly improved under Ole. Seems much more composed than before (still a bit crazy mind).

SaboTaj

He has been absolutely class the last few games. His ease on the ball is so refreshing to see in our backline.
I was worried about his future here at the start of the season, but if he keeps this up then he will surely cement his place in the first 11.

Red & White

What a block at the end there! I celebrated that like a goal. Very good, again, this evening and long may it continue. Loved seeing the players congratulate him as he’s clearly a good guy and a popular member of the squad.

Valencia Shin Crosses

With 2 minutes left, he and AWB were in the corner, pressed in, maybe 2 yards apart and he tried this ridiculous dink pass to the FB that a Villa player just headed out. It was ridiculous. Even if it gets through what can AWB do?
Just Bailly things
That's also my favorite part of him. He's always looking to pass forward, and the driving run through Villa's press before playing it to Pogba was fantastic. Through sheer irrational confidence Bailly is actually very press resistant

Robert

Pretty much immaculate tonight, and that block at the end bloody hell!

Hope he can stay fit and keep turning in performances of that quality, will easily establish him as one of the leagues best CB.

Bobski

In the second half there were a few signs of mad Bailly, some weird clearances, that silly tackle that got him a yellow, but he just makes such an impact, is fun to watch and it the type of character that fires up his teammates and the crowd, a bit like Rafael was for us at his best.

talking robot

Massive match from him second match running. If he can stay fit and in this form from now until the end of the season, that can make our season. He just needs to cut out that one moment of madness per game.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
There was a 10 minute period in the second half where he looked on the verge of doing a Bailly special and losing his head, but thankfully he didn't quite cross that line (although that lunging tackle was a lot closer to a red card than I would have liked). The rest of the time he was damn good again.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Excellent defending? Check
A two footer? Check
Mad block? Check
Karate kick clearance? Check.
Not sure what he's going to do next? Check.

Big night for Bailly Bingo

In Bailly's first two seasons, the only two so far where he's managed to play over 900 minutes, having him on the pitch was worth 0.8 and 0.7 goals per game in the league. Comfortably the best differential for any defender during his time at United.

His biggest problem has always been that he's completely unreliable on the fitness front. Clearly a good defender who could have been a great one by now if he'd had four seasons of first-team football to iron out his weaknesses.

Reactions: sizzling sausages
Status
Not open for further replies.