Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

LJJT

Man of the match for me, he’s exactly the centre back everyone is saying we need to buy. Just need him to be fit and reliable

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If he could stay fit there is a player there no doubt. He just cannot stay fit. Expect another six week injury soon.

A-man

You’re a Lindelof fan so I purposely ignore your posts. I’m merely replying to this to say my opinion has been consistent on the matter and not a “suddenly” thing.
I think you’re in the wrong forum if you’re going to ignore fans of United players, but good luck.

Good performance but let's hope he keeps it up. That wild sliding tackle in the box ends up in a penalty on another day.

Ace of Spades

Baily has always been more talented than Lindelof, the only thing Lindelof has is that he can is nit injury prone. He basically became a first choice CB by default, as everyone else kept getting injured.

Also, having a pact CB is so useful, allows the team to press higher and push further.

A-man

It’s not similar at all, and if you can’t see how much better he was than Lindelöf today I don’t know what to tell you.
In what way was he so “much better than Lindelöf”? Don’t think anybody of them had any problems tonight really.

mu4c_20le

In what way was he so “much better than Lindelöf”? Don’t think anybody of them had any problems tonight really.
Got skinned like a schoolboy and had to make a clumsy foul to bring the player down. Surprised he wasn't booked for it as it was quite near our box. It's something I'd expect from a kid, or TFM.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Baily has always been more talented than Lindelof, the only thing Lindelof has is that he can is nit injury prone. He basically became a first choice CB by default, as everyone else kept getting injured.

Also, having a pact CB is so useful, allows the team to press higher and push further.
Not totally true. Lindelöf can be deployed against weaker teams, when we will have majority of possession and he can use his superior passing skills.

but Bailly is essential if OGS has any chance to deploy a modern press and high line against stronger teams

A-man

Got skinned like a schoolboy and had to make a clumsy foul to bring the player down. Surprised he wasn't booked for it as it was quite near our box. It's something I'd expect from a kid, or TFM.
Ok so that was the difference. Gotcha.

Utdstar01

:lol: He was the clear and outstanding defender, Didn't take a genius to see this. Marshalled the defence well, snuffed out any danger. Most of his passes were forward into the midfield. Doninated the opposing attackers with timely interceptions and cleared danger when it needed doing. Even if you weren't noticing, the commentators mentioned numerous times how good he had been.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If Bailly doesnt overtake Lindelof soon then Ole is treating him the same way he has done with Smalling.

Ole needs to stop hyping up ball playing abilities because it adds literally nothing to our attacking abilities and let our defenders be picked on defensive skills first.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Close run thing for being MOTM tonight, still not sure I trust his body to survive playing again against Spurs at the weekend. Would almost look at having him as first choice CB after the Internationals

Utdstar01

Not totally true. Lindelöf can be deployed against weaker teams, when we will have majority of possession and he can use his superior passing skills.

but Bailly is essential if OGS has any chance to deploy a modern press and high line against stronger teams
I don't even see this. Its pure myth that Lindelof is a ball playing CB. He's average on the ball and more often than not its very basic, slow sideways passing.

Ace of Spades

Lindelof is not even better at passing, he plays safe a lot of time and usually passes the buck to his partners, that cowardly mentality is why I am not a fan of him.

I have no problem with players making mistakes, but play with some purpose and aggressiveness. Lindelof is the worst in that aspect, again it is a shame that none of the other CBs can stay fit for even half a season.

Robbie Boy

He's a brilliant defender when on song. The issues with him are fitness and moments of madness. I would love for him to have an injury free season and a run of games.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He'd probably be our best defender if he could stay fit for more than 5 seconds.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
If Bailly doesnt overtake Lindelof soon then Ole is treating him the same way he has done with Smalling.

Ole needs to stop hyping up ball playing abilities because it adds literally nothing to our attacking abilities and let our defenders be picked on defensive skills first.
Bailly is better on the ball than Lindelof and apart from long range passing, better than Maguire on it too. Hes a very good all round center back when fit and gets a run of games. Just needs the trust!

A-man

:lol: He was the clear and outstanding defender, Didn't take a genius to see this. Marshalled the defence well, snuffed out any danger. Most of his passes were forward into the midfield. Doninated the opposing attackers with timely interceptions and cleared danger when it needed doing. Even if you weren't noticing, the commentators mentioned numerous times how good he had been.
I’m absolutely not saying he was bad, i thought he was good. Just don’t think this was a performance so superior that it makes him the best defender at the club. He did his job against a weak side just like the rest of the defence, but adding a bit more drama to it. Like the tackle in the penalty box.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Lindelof is not even better at passing, he plays safe a lot of time and usually passes the buck to his partners, that cowardly mentality is why I am not a fan of him.

I have no problem with players making mistakes, but play with some purpose and aggressiveness. Lindelof is the worst in that aspect, again it is a shame that none of the other CBs can stay fit for even half a season.
I think it’s become easy to criticise Lindelöf. But the facts are he was a crucial part of a much improved defence last season.
The criticism has come only because some fans have a gengenpress insecurity problem and have spent too long gazing at PepKloppBall rather than focus on what we need to do to win games.

Lindelöf has some deficiencies but he certainly isnt for the scrap heap!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Great performance... But if someone could tell him to not go sliding around with two feet that would be appreciated.

luke511

If Bailly installs fear into Deeney, he must be a mean cnut on the pitch :lol:

Alemar

I have him a man of the match. He played an excellent match, must start on Sunday instead of Lindelöf

pascell

My MOTM.

Also, for those that are asking how we keep him fit, the majority of his problems iirc are in his knee. When they did minor surgery on it last, the surgeon found what the reoccurring problem was and sorted it.

Clermontois

Supports
France
Best Centre Back at the club, along with Smalling. Dominant.

VivaRonaldo85

Our only centre half with pace and aggression. As long as he can learn to use that aggression positively, he’s a no brainer to slot in next to Maguire. He’s been ravaged with injury since coming to United and deserves a long run of games now to show his qualities.

Foxbatt

He slid in with a tackle and won a throw in and then switched off. You could see him wondering away even without looking back at what was happening. Individually to me he is a better player than Lindelof. But collectively you never know what he is going to do next. I do not think he is good in a partnership and maybe that is why Ole keeps playing Lindelof and Maguire?

MrBest

Can we wrap him in bubble wrap, each game? I've always liked Bailey but like most have said, he needs to stay fit.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That moment he ate up the ground when their striker was through on goal and ended up winning the free kick getting to the ball first is exactly why we need him in the team.

Another pretty spotless performance on a difficult night with the weather. He is our best CB on form right now and deserves to start.

He also allows us to play a higher line a lot more safely which gives the rest of the team confidence to press - this is very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.