Eric Dier | Poch: “He is an important player for us and the idea is not to sell him."

Do you want United to sign Eric Dier?

• Total voters

freshibal

the ultimate combination is genius and insanity
Who would Pogba replace? Wanyama? Better anchor. Dembele? No, better at dominating midfields and keeping the ball ticking over. Eriksen? No, the most productive attacking midfielder in England, alongside De Bruyne.

Pocchettino wouldn't choose Pogba ahead of those three, nor would Ferguson; LVG apparently didn't want him, Zidane didn't, and I sense Mourinho shoehorns him into the team on a compromise. He's not a 10, nor an 8; he's a pragmatists nightmare, but he sells shirts and emojis, and makes United fans think they're an elite team again rather than just an elite club, so Woodward loves him.

Beyond that, Harry Winks will develop into a better possession footballer in the Modric-Kroos mould, and i genuinely believe Ross Barkley has the tools to be a better box to box midfielder than him under Pocch next season; he took the universally ridiculed Kyle Walker and Danny Rose and converted them in £50m fullbacks, and he has more to work with in Barkley.

For what it's worth, I feel Levy made a mistake rejecting circa £50m for Dier; he could have reinvested that into an upgrade defender plus more quality depth elsewhere.
What on earth, is this serious ?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Dembele vs Pogba, the most underrated midfielder in the league against the most overrated. In a midfield 2, Dembele is masterful; Pogba is an awol shambles.

If Pogba was anywhere near as good as you're implying, he wouldn't be at United; he'd have been snapped up by one of the other clubs Raiola inevitably pimped him to last summer.
Such as Real Madrid? Yeah, Pogba chose United.

Which football team do you support?

Redcy

What on earth, is this serious ?
Apparently, Dembele is a better footballer and we only got Pogba because he is overrated and noone else wanted him. feck sake, come on Spurs fan please don't let this guy talk shite.

El-Manos

The Pogba fanboys are out in force again; if (and I think when) United win the league this season it'll be because of the balance provided by Matic, Perisic and Lukaku, not Pogba.
Maybe you should start watching him then.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Apparently, Dembele is a better footballer and we only got Pogba because he is overrated and noone else wanted him. feck sake, come on Spurs fan please don't let this guy talk shite.
I think I can speak for all Spurs fan when I say I ain't getting involved in that one!

Redcy

btw I like Dembele, and Wanyama, and yes they perform well, but please do me a favour and dont compare their abilities as all around players

Redcy

Poch has got them performing great, but i reckon Poch would happily take him to replace any of them and not lose sleep over it

AmanNits04

Who would Pogba replace? Wanyama? Better anchor. Dembele? No, better at dominating midfields and keeping the ball ticking over. Eriksen? No, the most productive attacking midfielder in England, alongside De Bruyne.

Pocchettino wouldn't choose Pogba ahead of those three, nor would Ferguson; LVG apparently didn't want him, Zidane didn't, and I sense Mourinho shoehorns him into the team on a compromise. He's not a 10, nor an 8; he's a pragmatists nightmare, but he sells shirts and emojis, and makes United fans think they're an elite team again rather than just an elite club, so Woodward loves him.

Beyond that, Harry Winks will develop into a better possession footballer in the Modric-Kroos mould, and i genuinely believe Ross Barkley has the tools to be a better box to box midfielder than him under Pocch next season; he took the universally ridiculed Kyle Walker and Danny Rose and converted them in £50m fullbacks, and he has more to work with in Barkley.

For what it's worth, I feel Levy made a mistake rejecting circa £50m for Dier; he could have reinvested that into an upgrade defender plus more quality depth elsewhere.
Wow! This is Incredible.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Such as Real Madrid? Yeah, Pogba chose United.

Which football team do you support?
Pogba turned down Real Madrid? In which parallel universe did that happen?

He went to whichever club was naive enough to have their pants pulled down by Juve, and only Woodward was willing to bite. Juve hardly missed him, either.

Zidane basically said he wouldn't replace any of Casemiro, Kroos or Modric with him, and rightly so. He wins Champions Leagues, not Europa Leagues.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Pogba turned down Real Madrid? In which parallel universe did that happen?

He went to whichever club was naive enough to have their pants pulled down by Juve, and only Woodward was willing to bite. Juve hardly missed him, either.

Zidane basically said he wouldn't replace any of Casemiro, Kroos or Modric with him, and rightly so. He wins Champions Leagues, not Europa Leagues.
http://news.sky.com/story/real-madrid-also-wanted-pogba-10555950

Direct from the horses mouth so to speak.

Which team do you support?

Redcy

He went to whichever club was naive enough to have their pants pulled down by Juve
Are you Donald Trump? Or a bluemooner, which level of delusion are we talking? Ill admit you got me, nice one. To think had you not made the mistake of saying they're you could have kept up the pretense.

Redcy

Interesting, you almost managed to skirt under the radar, the number of anti Pogba posts might have been a clue, but the Phil Jones is a great centre back should have been the real clue. I call WHOPPER

Rusholme Ruffian

Fecking hell, pretending to support a football team you hate just so you can troll on an internet forum must be one of the absolute shittest uses of your time that I can think of. Life is happening out there, get out and enjoy it!

Ban

If it's from Raiola, it's from the horses arse, rather than its mouth.

Pogba turned down the European Champions to come back to Manchester because....er...Jesse Lingard. Ok.
So it's fair to say you don't rate Pogba at all?

Robertd0803

Is there any Spurs fan on here that isn't a total wind-up artist? Jesus.

Anyway, time to put this one to rest for a year at least.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Fecking hell, pretending to support a football team you hate just so you can troll on an internet forum must be one of the absolute shittest uses of your time that I can think of. Life is happening out there, get out and enjoy it!
I don't pretend to support anyone. Contrast of opinion is not trolling
Are you Donald Trump? Or a bluemooner, which level of delusion are we talking? Ill admit you got me, nice one. To think had you not made the mistake of saying they're you could have kept up the pretense.
I fecking wish I was Donald Trump, and if you're honest, so do you; billionaire, President of the most powerful nation in the world, lifelong access to some of the world's most beautiful women.

Nobody is Bluemoon levels of retard though, I'll give you that. That Tolmie sociopath adored Pogba as well.

AP88

Supports
Man City
So it's fair to say you don't rate Pogba at all?
He's good, but he's not a decisive footballer, he's shown that for France. He's not a peak Lampard, a peak Yaya Toure or a peak Xabi Alonso. For that money you want elite and decisive; what's he done to justify that?

Ban

He's good, but he's not a decisive footballer, he's shown that for France. He's not a peak Lampard, a peak Yaya Toure or a peak Xabi Alonso. For that money you want elite and decisive; what's he done to justify that?
So if he doesn't do it in one year he doesn't do it at all? Nice logic.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Interesting, you almost managed to skirt under the radar, the number of anti Pogba posts might have been a clue, but the Phil Jones is a great centre back should have been the real clue. I call WHOPPER
Jones is Mourinho's favourite defender at the club, plus Capello and Ferguson loved him. They're all wrong though?

Redcy

Honestly no I wouldn't want to be Donald , I don't need money or power to be happy, I have had plenty of money and it never married up with happiness.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Ferguson said he'll be the new Duncan Edwards too.
Doesn't mean they were right.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/capello-jones-can-be-as-good-as-baresi-6263142.html?amp

The point is, Ferguson and Capello have won more in football than most people who've managed in the game, let alone forum dwellers. If both rated him, and now another Champions League winning allumni, Mourinho, also makes him an integral part of his defence despite his physical issues, then perhaps he really is a very good defender. All three are/were renound for building solid defences.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If it's from Raiola, it's from the horses arse, rather than its mouth.

Pogba turned down the European Champions to come back to Manchester because....er...Jesse Lingard. Ok.
Are you implying that Raiola is lying? Why would he openly lie about Real's interest, what would he have to gain? Clearly they were interested in Pogba, denying it in order to win an argument makes you look a fool. Accept what is.

And what has young Jesse got to do with anything?

P.S
Which rugby team do you support?

stevoc

Prolonged drug use fecks with your head mate.