Eric Dier | Poch: “He is an important player for us and the idea is not to sell him."

Do you want United to sign Eric Dier?

• Total voters

AP88

Supports
Man City
Are you implying that Raiola is lying? Why would he openly lie about Real's interest, what would he have to gain? Clearly they were interested in Pogba, denying it in order to win an argument makes you look a fool. Accept what is.

And what has young Jesse got to do with anything?

P.S
Which rugby team do you support?
Interest, could be enquiries; I imagine all big clubs tried to establish how much he'd cost, but if Real wanted him/were willing to pay the fee, do you not think they'd say?

Grande

Who would Pogba replace? Wanyama? Better anchor. Dembele? No, better at dominating midfields and keeping the ball ticking over. Eriksen? No, the most productive attacking midfielder in England, alongside De Bruyne.

Pocchettino wouldn't choose Pogba ahead of those three, nor would Ferguson; LVG apparently didn't want him, Zidane didn't, and I sense Mourinho shoehorns him into the team on a compromise. He's not a 10, nor an 8; he's a pragmatists nightmare, but he sells shirts and emojis, and makes United fans think they're an elite team again rather than just an elite club, so Woodward loves him.

Beyond that, Harry Winks will develop into a better possession footballer in the Modric-Kroos mould, and i genuinely believe Ross Barkley has the tools to be a better box to box midfielder than him under Pocch next season; he took the universally ridiculed Kyle Walker and Danny Rose and converted them in £50m fullbacks, and he has more to work with in Barkley.

For what it's worth, I feel Levy made a mistake rejecting circa £50m for Dier; he could have reinvested that into an upgrade defender plus more quality depth elsewhere.
I think you underestimate Pogba grossly if you think any manager would put Dembele ahead of him today, and I would guess I'm not alone. Your claim about Ferguson, Van Gaal and Zidane not 'wanting' him seems such an ingenuous use of facts that it makes me suspect you have an agenda in this.

You have great faith in Pochettino, a very good manager, but if he continues to make both Winks and Barkley better than Pogba already is, I'll be highly impressed.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Interest, could be enquiries; I imagine all big clubs tried to establish how much he'd cost, but if Real wanted him/were willing to pay the fee, do you not think they'd say?
Don't understand this. Doesn't Real enquiring about his fee directly translate to them being interested in the player? Because Pogba's one and only destination was to be United, does not mean every club on the planet would not have loved to buy him.

You claimed that United were the only party interested in Pogba at the time. I proved this was not the case, so what exactly are you arguing against here.

Football team. Which is it?

Gasolin

Real wanted him, but didn't want or couldn't pay the fees for a midfielder. Zidane called Pogba too. Don't think that because other teammates didn't score when Pogba provided the ball that the guy is not up there. He is simply exceptional in his use of his physical attributes along with technical skills on the ball.

If it hurts you to think that Pogba really wanted to come back to United despite interests' from Real Madrid, then just move on.