Eric Dier | Poch: “He is an important player for us and the idea is not to sell him."

Do you want United to sign Eric Dier?

• Total voters

United Pro

That sounds about right with what's reported elsewhere in that we had several bids rejected for Dier and we've moved on to Matic. Jim White didn't exactly specify when the £40m bid was made, but him tweeting about it recently shows how little Sky Sports journos find out nowadays. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if White read other reports and decided to tweet it, like Kaveh Solhekol does.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
I think we will try and get him for upto 50 million above that and i think we will move onto different targets. I think he is already a very good player and can become a great one. Also is a boyhood united fan. I hope it is him rather than matic we sign although my top transfer for midfield will be Weigl and i dont think we get him not this year. Also he is on city's radar for 18/19 season.

I do not think spurs will be able to keep their best players unless they change their wage structure. Some players might stay for love of the club till club is in top 4 but most wont due to higher wages and higher chance of playing for trophies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I think we will try and get him for upto 50 million above that and i think we will move onto different targets. I think he is already a very good player and can become a great one. Also is a boyhood united fan. I hope it is him rather than matic we sign although my top transfer for midfield will be Weigl and i dont think we get him not this year. Also he is on city's radar for 18/19 season.

I do not think spurs will be able to keep their best players unless they change their wage structure. Some players might stay for love of the club till club is in top 4 but most wont due to higher wages and higher chance of playing for trophies.
With our new stadium coming in I'm pretty sure our wage pot will increase.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
With our new stadium coming in I'm pretty sure our wage pot will increase.
Really? Match day income at white hart lane closer to 50 million pounds/year, even with double capacity and assuming you fill it all matchdays that can at most go to 100-125 million pounds. This will be used to firs repay loans taken to pay the 600-700 million pounds stadium. I think we will a lot of cheap buying and selling high (maybe a player or two at max a season for 3 years atleast). I know the TV deal is getting bigger every time they renew it but even with the deal spurs never signed top players always concentrating on the younger ones. I think that will continue for the near future.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Really? Match day income at white hart lane closer to 50 million pounds/year, even with double capacity and assuming you fill it all matchdays that can at most go to 100-125 million pounds. This will be used to firs repay loans taken to pay the 600-700 million pounds stadium. I think we will a lot of cheap buying and selling high (maybe a player or two at max a season for 3 years atleast). I know the TV deal is getting bigger every time they renew it but even with the deal spurs never signed top players always concentrating on the younger ones. I think that will continue for the near future.
Your forgetting stadium naming rights and money from the NFL franchise. What's holding us back finically was match day income and our commercial end. It's a bit simplistic simply saying a bigger stadium will only raise gate takings. I'm not of saying we're gonna be paying £200K a week but it will improve. Our wage pot has risen season after season the last few seasons.

GloryHunter07

Manchester United given Eric Dier encouragement after Mauricio Pochettino comments

But asked if he could confirm the 23-year-old would definitely stay at Spurs, he said: “There are many, many rumours. I try to be honest.

“Today he is so calm and he is our player.

“He is an important player for us and the idea is not to sell him."
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...manchester-united-transfer-eric-dier-13402678

Not sure if the comments really tie in with the headline but still

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Not much to read into there.

Can't tell if we actually have any interest in him either.

Obviously if we do, he would keen for the move.

GloryHunter07

Encouragement because he didn't rule out selling Dier. If Spurs were adamant about not selling him they would say so and talking about new a contract. They are waiting for Dier to force the issue.
Yeah i think this still has legs but United need him to force a move.

ti vu

Encouragement because he didn't rule out selling Dier. If Spurs were adamant about not selling him they would say so and talking about new a contract. They are waiting for Dier to force the issue.
Ug. You know Poch is not really a manager. Outright lie about a contract extension is harmful & can backfire massively. I meant Dier has healthy length of contract. Talking about contract now can be spinner about admitting feeling unease about keeping him, and that a sign player want better wage. Saying about contract extension publicly without the truth then the player &a his agent would jump at the chance thus open the way for other clubs to get in the way.

Poch here is pretty much say Dier is not for sale in his own way of speaking. Nothing to see.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Basically the same quotes our last 2 managers gave time and again about De Gea.

SocccerNomics

Ug. You know Poch is not really a manager. Outright lie about a contract extension is harmful & can backfire massively. I meant Dier has healthy length of contract. Talking about contract now can be spinner about admitting feeling unease about keeping him, and that a sign player want better wage. Saying about contract extension publicly without the truth then the player &a his agent would jump at the chance thus open the way for other clubs to get in the way.

Poch here is pretty much say Dier is not for sale in his own way of speaking. Nothing to see.
Alli is being offered his 3rd new contract in 18months despite having 5 years remaining on his current deal. Dier is one of several Spurs players who know they could earn more elsewhere and by not offering him a new deal he's getting the message that he's not a priority.

I can understand why Spurs are prioritising other players over Dier, but as the sale of Walker showed they know they can't keep everyone happy.

ti vu

Alli is being offered his 3rd new contract in 18months despite having 5 years remaining on his current deal. Dier is one of several Spurs players who know they could earn more elsewhere and by not offering him a new deal he's getting the message that he's not a priority.

I can understand why Spurs are prioritising other players over Dier, but as the sale of Walker showed they know they can't keep everyone happy.
Fair points, but you forgot the wage when Alli first signed. It's like the wage an academy youngster was first given when being promoted in first team. His contract was upgraded when he was deemed as worthy first team. Now he is getting the contract to show he's a vital player for Tottenham. Dier already had that kind of contract.

Anyways, as Matic deal seems become real. We can see that Poch was being honest & we knew Tottenham stance for long & looked else where. Nothing to see here.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Very glad that soon we can finally put the Dier transfer thing to bed with the signing of Matic. As I'd said weeks ago he was never leaving Spurs and this was a pure media spin to generate clicks.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Hopefully Spurs players like Alderwiereld and co. start to stall on signing new deals so they can force the clubs hand in the future, letting them leave to be paid a wage closer to their true market value at other clubs.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Hopefully Spurs players like Alderwiereld and co. start to stall on signing new deals so they can force the clubs hand in the future, letting them leave to be paid a wage closer to their true market value at other clubs.
Hopefully that does not happen.