g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The only mature way to deal with this is to wait and wait, well past the point of any doubt being removed, of course.

While we wait, we should continue to back him financially and buy the players he wants, again, well past the point that any sane club would.

The only mature way to do things is to waste more time and resources on a manager that is proving more and more with every game that he isn’t up to the task.

It’s October tomorrow and we still haven’t put in a good performance in the league. It is scandalous that this is the club United is now. Standards have completely bottomed out and that is exactly what the owners want. Zero expectations and happy with a few crumbs.

He should absolutely be sacked for this shocking start to the season, the abject lack of fitness and physical preparation and the directionless football. It’s completely unacceptable.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His style of football and tactics obviously aren't suited to PL football.

For me it's quite obvious that he can't outmaster his opponent to save his life, every team figures us out really easily, even when we change things like we did today. Even our many wins were on muscles and individual quality rather than down to outplaying opponent.

Last edited:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
As I’ve said many times previously, ETH isn’t suited to the PL. As was the case with LvG.

Good coach, but just not suited to the PL.

The question then is - will he become suited to the PL?

My opinion is no, but I might be wrong.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
His style of football and tactics obviously aren't suited to PL football.

For me it's quite obvious that he can't outmaster his opponent to save his life, every team figures out really easily, even when we change things like we did today. Even our many wins were on muscles and individual quality rather than down to outplaying opponent.
I don't think its his inability to out master opponents, as we did beat the top 4 plus Pool last year. His transfers however, have been absolutely calamitous. He threw money at every position and still hasn't managed to resolve our goal scoring problem.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Whichever way you look at it, ownership issues, injuries at the back, it's 4 defeats in 7 games. That is shocking. I'm not sure he can turn it around.

Atheist

He’ll trot out some nonsense about “rules and principles” and “we played very well” despite being garbage. Have to wonder what the training standards are.

hobbers

We could have signed Tonali Diaby and Kane for the fees we spent on Mount Hojlund and Antony.

breezy12

What an absolute shite manager, his football is worse than ole. Couldn't score a goal to save a life

AndySmith1990

You just know he'll bring on Maguire at some point in the 80th minute regardless whether we're winning or losing. Equally predictable and pointless

Maluco

We’ve said the same about every manager since Fergie, and will say the same about the next one too.
We say that, but we had David Moyes, two managers who were visibly years past their best and a random ex-player.

There is still space in there to believe that the right man can make a real difference.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I doubt it - he would've ended up falling out with one. He fell out with them at all of his former clubs. He was a good coach, but just too arrogant and flawed. In many ways, he probably had the most drama free tenure of his entire career at Utd because he was allowed to do whatever the feck he wanted.
True, a falling out would be inevitable and it would've eventually ended in tears anyway, but for a successful season or two, that's a tradeoff I'd be willing to make. Ultimately it's a moot point anyway - what's done is done.

astracrazy

I really wanted this guy to be the one. I thought this guy would be the one. This season now says no...

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It's over, he'll be sacked by feb. By that time we'll be floundering in 10th and out of all cup competitions.

Shark

@NotShark
We’ve said the same about every manager since Fergie, and will say the same about the next one too.
Ferguson is the only manager that could ever succeed under the Glazers, I'm convinced of that now. His genius can never be understated.

Anders Agnalt

ETH has stated he don't like to use subs in games. Well, we see how that works out with all the players injuries. A lot of games and we use Lindelof instead of Evans?? Evans has shown he's way better than both Lindelof and Maguire. We need to have a manager that like to get the while team fit, not only 11-13 players. This is utter shit, if he gets ti keep his job we could end up in the lower half unless he manages to get the players to perform!

binary bot
His patience is a joke. Nothing created in the first half and he leaves Garnacho sub for another 15 minutes. You can't afford to constantly delay things at this level.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Not usually into criticising the manager too early and I like him but I can't see him recovering from this start to the season.

Even Sancho will be thinking there is hope for him now.

El Zoido

We say that, but we had David Moyes, two managers who were visibly years past their best and a random ex-player.

There is still space in there to believe that the right man can make a real difference.
You would hope so. Just feels like the same old story no matter who’s in charge, we keep waiting for a saviour and it doesn’t seem like it’ll be that easy.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Is this really any different to us under Ole? I remember us having a lot more entertaining games at the start of Solskjær reign

Maluco

"Hide"? Ffs, some of you are hilarious. :lol:
He has a team with Amrabat, Varane, Onana, Bruno, Rashford, Casemiro, Mount and his £70 million striker at home to Crystal Palace mate.

You are right, some of us are hilarious.