Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 658 44.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 810 55.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

EI Beatle

1 League win in 6 Games now and looking highly unlikely not getting another W from the remaining fixtures,

Betson

INEOS have given him a chance to turn things around , he has not done it , if anything we are going backwards. Not a hope he is here next season.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
After the tone of your first post I'm not sure what sort of reply you expected.
Be interested to know why you feel this squad is Premier League title winning quality.

Winrar

Did they really though? You mean one or two people?

Anybody with half a brain that’s followed us post Fergie would be wary of false dawns, and certainly won’t get worked up by a win against the shittest team in the league.
It was selective memory on my part, to be fair. Lot more negativity after the win than I remember looking back at the posts here at the time and the flat post-match thread.

Himannv

I have no idea why he is so incapable of making a little tweak to his setup to make us less open. I don't think it's rocket science and he seems very stubborn and unwilling to change things. Maybe his squad just doesn't have options to make that kind of change - but he's culpable for that as well. He's utterly stuffed up this season before it even began and is either too stubborn or has no idea how to fix it.

RedDevilQuebecois

Sack the cnut.

The fact that he left no-legs Eriksen on the pitch, did not address the AWB conundrum by denying Amass a go, pulled Rasmus off in favor of someone who is not a striker, put the shitty Amrabat on, and gave none of the other kids a shot at making a difference... how many crimes do I need to list to justify his sacking?

VivaJesperBlomqvist

Looking at the technical areas, you can make a comparison in his demeanour to other coaches easily, and it’s stark. For instance, Kompany looked lucid and dignified. Erik always looks clueless and not all there to me.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If Villa get a point, we're officially out of the CL next season. INEOS either sack him right now or wait for the FA Cup final.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We are on 54 points, I can see us finishing on 54 points. Home game vs Newcastle and Arsenal. Away game vs Brighton and Palace. Can see us losing all 4 games.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I do wonder if a good portion think he deserves the chance to manage the final, though, seeing as he got us there. I'm not saying the interim way guarantees a victory either, but I think it's our best chance.
The players got us there imo.

DevilRed

He's gone. Just hope he does us a favor and keeps us out of the conference league along with winning the FA cup. Van Gaal part 2.

Pyro19

Comfortably the worst United manager I've seen in my lifetime.

Sack the gollum and ship him back to Netherlands

Jezpeza

:lol: Even West Ham fans are fed up with him. How on earth can you justify this,
Because he’s just as shit a manager but he doesn't come out when you've scraped 1 win against 3 championship sides in 3 matches and keep saying how amazing we’ve played and storm out of interviews like he’s too good to address the clear fact this is close to being our worst ever PL season.

Cant stand his brooding manner and mix of delusion and arrogance.

mu4c_20le

I don't know what he's doing anymore.

He'll probably ban a few more journalists and talk about injuries

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
OT crowd still clapping him off. Wtf.
There were plenty of boos at the whistle and most of those would have left immediately. The ones remaining are probably those looking for an autograph or trying to grab a picture. Wouldn't call them indicative of the wider fan base.

Skills

Snitch
The biggest risk with an interim is that we might actually win the final, and the fanbase will pressure the club into keeping them. That's always a risk at this club.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If Villa get a point, we're officially out of the CL next season. INEOS either sack him right now or wait for the FA Cup final.
The concern is they may give him the rest of the season before pulling the trigger, possibly for financial reasons (who knows the terms of his contract etc).

Revan

Assumptionman
OT crowd still clapping him off. Wtf.
A manager can relegate us and then relegate us to League One the following season and OT would still applaud him like he had just solved the cure for cancer.

DevilRed

The biggest risk with an interim is that we might actually win the final, and the fanbase will pressure the club into keeping them. That's always a risk at this club.
Hopefully not now that things have changed at the club.

Genuinely hoping for a clean slate next season.

Fooza

He's very lucky to have a season like this and remain in a job, hit the jackpot being at manutd, the worst ran big club

Redstain

Comfortably the worst United manager I've seen in my lifetime.
Sadly for me too, I predicted a poor season when the summer business was done as I felt the club and manager didn't prioritize accordingly but what I didn't anticipate was Erik proving himself a poor manager with a dreadful philosophy and tactical approach to games.