Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?

• Yes

Votes: 376 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 1,043 73.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sir Erik ten Hag

Just goes to show though… us fans tend to know what’s best for our club. Or should I say the majority. There was quite a few on here that wanted poch but I think that was the fans who only watch the premier league.
The media never work based on facts, but purely on agenda. That's why.

Strelok

When did you guys start to believe we had the right man in charge? For me, it was the run of 4 games after the Brentford loss where we won them on the bounce.
For me it's after the match against Spurs I think. We played probably the best football I've seen at United since such a long time that I had to watch the whole match again. Also the tremendous progress we had made before that match.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
this tweet cracks me up, every time:

:lol:
The deeper I dig into this the funnier it gets. This guy has to be related to Pochettino:

The boner the British media have had for Pochettino is nothing short of remarkable. He's a good, solid manager but that's it really.

Pochettino was probably Ed Woodward's first choice but he had long since left United by the time they were looking for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's permanent replacement.

At best, I think Pochettino was 3rd on United's list for a new manager behind Erik Ten Hag and Luis Enrique in that order.

eire-red

For me it's after the match against Spurs I think. We played probably the best football I've seen at United since such a long time that I had to watch the whole match again. Also the tremendous progress we had made before that match.
Yeah totally agree, it was complete domination in every aspect and gives us a sense of the true potential of an EtH team when he has had another window or two to get the right players in.

For me, I remember watching that game and thinking that this should be a blueprint going forward. We haven't quite managed those levels consistently because of the number of games we've had, injuries and suspensions etc. But I think if we recruit right in the areas we need to, we'll see those types of performances as the norm.

Lights Out

I was driving to work today and ‘Either Way’ by The Twang was on the radio.

“I feel so much better today / he’s changed the way we play”

Bit of poetic licence with the lyrics but it sums up the change of mood.

Cmon it’s worth a rendition on the Stretford End :lol:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The boner the British media have had for Pochettino is nothing short of remarkable. He's a good, solid manager but that's it really.

Pochettino was probably Ed Woodward's first choice but he had long since left United by the time they were looking for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's permanent replacement.

At best, I think Pochettino was 3rd on United's list for a new manager behind Erik Ten Hag and Luis Enrique in that order.
Agreed.

It did seem that the two candidates were EtH and Luis Enrique at the end. But I do believe that if the ESL fiasco never took place, then Ed Woodward would still be at the club and Pochettino would currently be our manager.

Pochettino's being United manager ended once Woodward left.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The guy is a miracle worker. I also called it in December 2021 so technically I'm a footballing jeanyus now.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Erik ten Hag dodges 'mines set by Cristiano Ronaldo' as friends lift lid on Man Utd reign
Erik ten Hag brought home Manchester United's first piece of silverware in six years last weekend but his time at Old Trafford hasn't been plain sailing as two close confidants detail

Kraay added: “Erik probably didn’t know whether he could actually run 13.8 kilometres. I know for a fact he could hardly walk for three weeks afterwards!”

Last edited:

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I remember Clemens Zwijnenberg from his FC Twente days. Good to see prominent Dutch players supporting our manager.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It's not trolling.

He has one of the expensively assembled squads in history.

Players like De Gea, Varane, Lisandro, Shaw, Casemiro, Eriksen, Bruno, Rashford are very experienced top level players.

The rest are also experienced international players like Dalot, Maguire, Lindelof, McTom, Fred, Antony etc

You talk about expensively assembled squads and mention 3 players that cost nothing.

next_number_seven

You talk about expensively assembled squads and mention 3 players that cost nothing.
That's not contradictory.

He's doing a brilliant job but the likes of De Gea, Varane, Lisandro, Shaw, Casemiro, Bruno, Rashford are some of the best players in their position in the world.

It's not genius or wizardry, it's just high competence.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He seems to have brought discipline and accountability in the dressing room, which was missing for far too long.

United we are

As a Dutch follower of English football i am very happy EtH didn't go to Spurs and went to Utd instead. I was saying it to my best friend who is a Ajax fan for years, EtH is the best (upcoming) coach our nation has, he is a winner. He is obsessed with winning, loves attacking and passionate football, focused and good with youth players (from Ajax experience).. c'mon the guy oozes United. He also is seen as a great motivator, you could see the passion and believe within the Ajax squad he managed aswell. Passion for the badge, for team mates, attacking positive football, clever man management, it was really missing at the club. Being just the way he is Erik always would have got more appreciation at United than at Spurs, it's just a better fit, for Erik aswell.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Liverpool 7:0 Man Utd

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His persistence with playing Weghorst is similar to van Gaal's obsession with Rooney. He is literally playing our two best attacking players out of position to accommodate championship level player and make him look better than he is.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Terrible tactics. Wasted 80m on Antony. Dalot useless.

Now Liverpool are only 7 points behind us after a terrible season. We are miles off the top.

Revan

Assumptionman
His persistence with playing Weghorst is similar to van Gaal's obsession with Rooney. He is literally playing our two best attacking players out of position to accommodate championship level player and make him look better than he is.
It is weird and I have never seen anything like that. Van Gaal’s obsession with Rooney was weird but at least Rooney was United’s captain and a legend.

Weghorst is an absolute nobody that on merit even Elanga should start ahead, let alone Sancho or Garnacho. To sacrifice Rashford’s and Bruno’s position so a player who is good at literally nothing is absolutely crazy. It is hurting us a lot, cause a) he is completely shit and b) Rashford and Bruno are half the players in these other positions.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
The game is not over yet.
However this WW experiment as false footballer needs to stop asap.

lsd

The Oracle
Big test now but he's been pretty good all season in these situations

Malone_Post

An attack with Weghorst & Antony is not going to score many goals. Needs to change it ASAP.

Red Star One

still a bit to learn from him but that was very much obvious when we signed him. fully agree he's fecking up being stubborn and false Wout was given too many tries