Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

romufc

of course the dressing room is full of egos....you don't get to this level of playing without having a slight ego but Rangnick failing was because he was too rigid. yes, Ronaldo was clearly the main issue in the dressing room.

No idea about the leaking park and to piggyback on the post above, the dressing room will all have egos especially the senior players. Ronaldo was on another level though with his arrogance.

EtH has dealt with him and Maguire brilliantly.
That is my point, he has dealt with the players and got control of the dressing room, something that Poch never managed at PSG.

United needed a manager than is strong minded and will not be influenced by the dressing room and outside noise, Ten Hag is the guy for that.

bosskeano

That is my point, he has dealt with the players and got control of the dressing room, something that Poch never managed at PSG.

United needed a manager than is strong minded and will not be influenced by the dressing room and outside noise, Ten Hag is the guy for that.
for sure....EtH right now is proving that he was the right appointment. We don't know if Poch could have or couldn't have b/c as i said dealing with 3 is harder than one. I like Poch but i'm over the moon with Erik.

edcunited1878

The combo of EtH and Mitchell van der Gaag as a collective gets overlooked a lot.

Van der Gaag is a top coach and he's been heavily involved with the training of the defenders and the shape.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
the problem with media geniuses like this though is that they will be waiting in the long grass for the bad results or blip in form (that will happen at some stage) to pounce and pontificate, rather than admit they got it massively wrong.
Absolutely.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Any updates on Fred, Shaw and Sancho? All missing tonight along with Martial..
Fred's in the building. Shaw had a knock and was a doubt for this one, hopefully nothing serious. No idea about Sancho, I'm sure we'll hear about that pre-match.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
"Laid the foundations" :nono:

All joking aside, the phrase certainly has meaning. It's a piss take on here as it's used wildly out of context; remember soms nutters claiming LvG laid some sort of foundations. There was one in the wild the other day on here trying to claim that Ole laid some sort of foundations for ETH :lol:
Yeah I saw that re ole :nervous:

Man Utd 3:1 West Ham

el3mel

We look absolutely unstoppable at the moment. Even when we start games poorly or concede the first goal, once we get into the game, you know we're going to win it.

How did we go from the miserable shit of last season to this in space of 8 months is beyond me. So that's what a good coach actually does.

Shark

@NotShark
There's a feeling if invincibility under this man. Even when West Ham scored and the rotation was hampering us I knew we'd win. That's a special feeling I last had under SAF.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The combo of EtH and Mitchell van der Gaag as a collective gets overlooked a lot.

Van der Gaag is a top coach and he's been heavily involved with the training of the defenders and the shape.
Agreed.

Van der Gaag is a top coach and a great guy to have in the backroom staff. Everything I've read about him as a coach is very good.

OverratedOpinion

We were struggling, Ten Hag changes a couple of things and we win comfortably and look like we can score at will.

Standard fair for King Eric the second.

Cathy Ferguson

Best move this club has done since hiring SAF. What an improvement from last season and this is not a squad built by ETH.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s ridiculous, he’s even fixed Fred’s shooting.

SAFMUTD

Most important thing about ten Hag is we've managed to build a mentality in which we get the result despite playing below the standard.

Tonight was a clear example, shitty most game but still got the result even though we were losing with less than 15' to play. That's building a winning mentality.

I've seen plenty games of Real Madrid doing this. They play shit, they're losing and still they get the result somehow. That's a Champions mentality. Glad we seem to have it under ten Hag.

Handré1990

I really do have my doubts of the job Poch could have done.

We saw at PSG, he just couldn't handle big players and egos. PSG and United were similar in their circus off the field. Poch got the chance to show how he deals with a big club and failed.

Ten Hag has come in and got hold of the club. The way he dealt with Maguire, Ronaldo and the like shows he is in control. I cannot see Poch having that aura or authority.
He what now? :lol:

Rustyspider13

3 wins in 3 different competitions. He has managed the ridiculous fixtures brilliantly. Let's make it 4 out of 4!

Superunknown

Most important thing about ten Hag is we've managed to build a mentality in which we get the result despite playing below the standard.

Tonight was a clear example, shitty most game but still got the result even though we were losing with less than 15' to play. That's building a winning mentality.

I've seen plenty games of Real Madrid doing this. They play shit, they're losing and still they get the result somehow. That's a Champions mentality. Glad we seem to have it under ten Hag.
Completely agree with all of that.

Imagine playing an opponent and being 1-0 in the 75th minute with your opponent not playing all that well, and they somehow still score 3 goals against you. It's completely demoralising. It feels fecking amazing to know that we can do this. :drool:

Robbie Boy

I fecking love this man. The passion and desire to win that he brings, has emanated onto the players and the fans.

Dobba

Tonight was our 20th game since the World Cup. The results he's getting out of a squad that put together the worst season in 30 years, a handful of signings and an 18 year old kid is utterly ridiculous.

Ben Tershana

Supports
Ajax
Not to create a polemic discussion here but even a young sir Alex couldn't have done the work ETH is doing during this months here.