Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 657 44.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 810 55.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
A change is inevitable. I think the lack of options to succeed him had me warming to the idea of him sticking around and nuking the squad but honestly I think he has lost the dressing room and lost his mind - he will be out the door come end of the cup final. Just like the previous Dutch Man Utd manager.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Poll result

we asked “How many of you would be prepared to give ETH 1 more full season to prove himself?”

Yes 26.2%
No 73.8%
If it had stayed open until now, "yes" would've probably been at about 20% as a lot of people changed their votes thinking the Sheffield game was the start of a coherent, possession based style. A poor game today would've caused the opposite reaction.

The players got us there imo.
At this point, I feel like it was magic that got us there!

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Once again, this is more damning for this fanbase than anyone else. The fanbase is the laughing stock of top level football.

Imagine you're an organisation who spends the best part of a billion pounds on a product, and your customers/supporters just don't even have the capability of being able to tell the difference between what's good and bad. It's mental. We need a full refresh and that needs to start with the fanbase. If we can alienate and push out most of our current fanbase we may have some hope in the future.
Shot

OT crowd still clapping him off. Wtf.
Chaser

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Possession and completed passes at home against relegation fodder :lol:
Outplayed by Burnley home and away, we are hitting new lows every week

If this new management has any clue then they will sack him immediately.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
A change is inevitable. I think the lack of options to succeed him had me warming to the idea of him sticking around and nuking the squad but honestly I think he has lost the dressing room and lost his mind - he will be out the door come end of the cup final. Just like the previous Dutch Man Utd manager.
I don't think he's lost the dressing room. The players are trying their best and being professional.

Zoo

Coventry and home games against Burley and Sheffield United. Huge concerns with no hiding place for Ten Hag. He’s done

Romez

Then what is the point, we are so far away, let ETH run down his contract while we get rid of the 20-25 shit players and then the new manager can actually start with a clean slate so that he at least has a hope of succeeding. Anyone coming in this summer will be hounded out again by these players
This is insane logic.

DavidDeSchmikes

hopefully some of the injured players returning will help, but it feels like we're limping towards the inevitable

all the games are just copies of the previous games

Aretak

Outworked by Burnley at home whilst also having less of the ball than them. Another brilliant tactic from the bald maestro.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The concern is they may give him the rest of the season before pulling the trigger, possibly for financial reasons (who knows the terms of his contract etc).
If there are any break clauses, surely it is mostly about CL football. He was hired under the previous regime, after all.

I would have loved Tuchel for that final but the problem is he's still in the CL, so even if he goes out in the semis, there won't be enough time.

The other worry is that he'll keep playing our most important players and run them into the ground to save his pathetic skin and we'll get more injuries and be gassed for the FA cup final which is the only thing that matters until the end of the season (Newcastle are definitely overtaking us for 6th, probably by smashing us at OT).

leontas

Give it to Ole until the end of the season. We might have a chance in the cup final.

Amira

We need 10 points from our last 4 games to match the Moyes/Giggs season.

We would also need to score 20 without conceding to match the goal difference

Redstain

And this was a very poor Burnley team, the worst goalkeeping distribution I have seen this season and the team couldn't score more than 1 goal at home.

The Mitcher

If it had stayed open until now, "yes" would've probably been at about 20% as a lot of people changed their votes thinking the Sheffield game was the start of a coherent, possession based style. A poor game today would've caused the opposite reaction.

At this point, I feel like it was magic that got us there!
Who in their right minds thought that about that game?

And tbh, we habe players capable of magic so you may have a point.

Revan

Assumptionman
We obviously will allow him to lead us to a proper trashing in the final with half of the stadium applauding him at the end of the match.

We also obviously should have sacked him 6 months ago though, and the idea that any other self-respecting ‘big’ club would allow such a shit manager to finish the season is ridiculous. But we always do ridiculous things and are the worst run club in the world.

hobbers

Should make this poll public so we can see which posters don’t value going into cup finals with our rivals with any chance of winning

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Because he’s just as shit a manager but he doesn't come out when you've scraped 1 win against 3 championship sides in 3 matches and keep saying how amazing we’ve played and storm out of interviews like he’s too good to address the clear fact this is close to being our worst ever PL season.

Cant stand his brooding manner and mix of delusion and arrogance.
I agree this applies to ten Hag but feck me, to suggest this isn't a picture perfect description of David Moyes too :lol: unbelievable.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Who in their right minds thought that about that game?

And tbh, we habe players capable of magic so you may have a point.
Well, you've answered your own question.

I'm missing a few EtH defenders as well. Maybe they had weekend shopping to do.

@VP89, for one.

Dazzmondo

Should we hope Bayern lose CL semi final so Tuchel might be available to take over before FA Cup final?

Chairman Steve

He’s stubbornly sticking to his ways because he knows he’s a goner, so he can spin it that he tried to stamp his way on doing things but they wouldn’t listen.

It’s not helped by the fact that we’re in the midst of an ownership and operational change. I really hope we are more proactive with head coaches going forward. No more of these manager performance clauses that chains us to keep them until they fail it. Just sack managers for shitty football and shitty results in the future. No more writing off entire seasons because a manager wasn’t working out.

The Mitcher

I agree this applies to ten Hag but feck me, to suggest this isn't a picture perfect description of David Moyes too :lol: unbelievable.
Moyes seems much more humble nowadays since he left Sunderland. ETH only seems to get worse.

Dannn411

The biggest risk with an interim is that we might actually win the final, and the fanbase will pressure the club into keeping them. That's always a risk at this club.
Our fanbase couldn't pressure a single thing if they tried. We enjoy mediocrity at Manchester United. We revel in it.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I don't think he's lost the dressing room. The players are trying their best and being professional.
Multiple players have liked / posted things on social media now questioning the manager. Star pupil Rashford goes out on the piss in Belfast. Sancho publicly questioned him too. I think he has lost the dressing room. There are players there that do not respect the manager. Then you look at their inability to see out a game. Or even score a well worked goal. They are all playing for themselves, not the manager. He has lost the dressing room.

PSV

We need 10 points from our last 4 games to match the Moyes/Giggs season.

We would also need to score 20 without conceding to match the goal difference
Let's not set our targets too high.

We need 4 points from our last 4 games to match the Ole/Rangnick season.

Irwin99

It does seem really shitty to sack a manager on the eve of a cup final (unless you're a wretched London club) when he's won the right to be there and I still think the sacking of LvG hours after winning a cup final was disgraceful by the club

However...How in the hell are we going to build momentum for the final when your team's fans hate you, the results and playstyle are pleasing no one, and you've got unhappy players in the squad?