Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

MrPaxtons

His win rate so far is menacingly close to ajax rate( i think 70 percent to 75) which is insane to think about considering the circumstances, I know football isn't linear but he could potentially build a very very formidable team given the support he deserves.
He has a win rate of 70.3% here and it was 73% at Ajax. It’s an amazing stat considering he’s only had one transfer window to shape the squad. The guy is working wonders and I can’t wait for next season already !

Redfrog

Yeah if Ole had bought a couple of CM's who could pass and a right winger who was ready to start, who knows. Amazed he didn't do this. When you think of the midfielders he played in front of, how did he ever think Fred and McTominay were good enough?

There's a bit of rewriting history with Ole. We're all lauding a draw with a decent Barca(rightly so) but Ole beat a better PSG team with a poorer United XI. He did it twice, one of them a very good performance. A very good record against City, at times outplaying them.

I'm not saying this to defend Ole as such but what happened is a good lesson in how promise can be quickly ruined with a few bad choices.
We were easily on par with barca. Did Ole did the same with PSG ? We were playing like minnows and were getting lucky. You have to watch the games not only the results to see the difference.

Mr.Hik

Winning a European title with an underdog team requires luck. Ajax was very close. More impressive was how we dispatched topsides like Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern and Borussia. Did SAF do that with Aberdeen?

No, Ten Hag has nothing to prove.
Sir Fergie beat Real Madrid in final with Aberdeen.

vanrooney

some will never get it. to even compare ole with eth is senseless. while there is a clear system and process with eth it was only the short term motivational talent of ole that unlocked the potential of the squad for a honeymoon period. you never had the feeling that ole will make it long term, it was always only hope. eth has it all to take us back to the very top. and with quatar money we will be unstoppable in europe too. nice times ahead

Marwood

We were easily on par with barca. Did Ole did the same with PSG ? We were playing like minnows and were getting lucky. You have to watch the games not only the results to see the difference.
Which PSG game are you referring to?

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He has a win rate of 70.3% here and it was 73% at Ajax. It’s an amazing stat considering he’s only had one transfer window to shape the squad. The guy is working wonders and I can’t wait for next season already !
Me too buddy, really looking forward to the summer window.

Man Utd 3:0 Leicester City

arnie_ni

Why doesn't he trust Bruno at 10 do we think? Not even playing sancho rw and sliding Bruno in

Edit maybe because he gets 2 assists from rw

Last edited:

Loon

:lol:
Christ almighty, please let this guy be the one. I wanted him, but I NEVER expected this at the start of the season.

Atheist

We didn’t even play so well 3 games a week even under Fergie’s later seasons.

Marwood

The one we won on their turf 1-3. Lukaku scored a brace.
Think I said that one had a bit of luck about it previously but what about the second time we beat them away? The 1-2 game?

Was that not on par with the Barca game?

Robbie Boy

The general attacking play is night and day when compared to the Ole period. I’m not saying United play the best football in the league or anything, but I find that statement absurd.
That poster seems to have a hard on for Ole. Ole is simply an average manager, at best. The difference in our play between ETH and Ole, is worlds apart.

Redfrog

Think I said that one had a bit of luck about it previously but what about the second time we beat them away? The 1-2 game?

Was that not on par with the Barca game?
If you think this team has the same level as the Ole team, then I don’t know what to say.
We have a clear identity now. We had a lot of possessionat the Camp Nou. I don’t think we could have done that with Ole.