Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 657 44.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 810 55.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

edgecutter

Burnley got into some very promising areas and just didn't have the quality with the final pass. When we start playing better teams rather than championship and relegation fodder we are in big trouble.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Multiple players have liked / posted things on social media now questioning the manager. Star pupil Rashford goes out on the piss in Belfast. Sancho publicly questioned him too. I think he has lost the dressing room. There are players there that do not respect the manager. Then you look at their inability to see out a game. Or even score a well worked goal. They are all playing for themselves, not the manager. He has lost the dressing room.
Garnacho liked a few tweets yet he is still in the squad working hard. He's only had Sancho and Ronaldo publicly attack him. Rashford is just being a lazy bastard who's head is gone, nothing more.

He'sRaldo

Crazy that we’re rolling out a clearly sacked manager week in week out. Latter third of the season has been pointless.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It does seem really shitty to sack a manager on the eve of a cup final (unless you're a wretched London club) when he's won the right to be there and I still think the sacking of LvG hours after winning a cup final was disgraceful by the club

However...How in the hell are we going to build momentum for the final when your team's fans hate you, the results and playstyle are pleasing no one, and you've got unhappy players in the squad?
The cup final ain't tomorrow, chief. It's a month away.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I don't think he's lost the dressing room. The players are trying their best and being professional.
Correct - I'm not a big fan of a lot of these players, but they're clearly playing for him and following his insane tactical setup. "Downed tools" is a classic coping mechanism that's used here whenever the manager fails to meet basic expectations.

Ollie Derbyshire

Needs to go ASAP, I keep saying it but no other BIG team would allow a manager to keep producing these kinds of performances let alone results.

His tactics and player picks are just making it impossible to move forward.

OldSchoolManc

A caretaker would be best for the FA cup final. Just anyone that doesn’t leave us wide open as a team, that has lead to us being battered by so many teams this season.
It’s over Eric

Redstain

Burnley got into some very promising areas and just didn't have the quality with the final pass. When we start playing better teams rather than championship and relegation fodder we are in big trouble.
I thought the same, Burnley were absolutely toothless but you can see they are coached well. They man marked the backline very well to force Onana to go long but couldn't sustain it over the 90. They are a top 8 championship team in first division football.

I think if better opposition use the blueprint Burnley did today to force United into playing long from the back but are clinical it's going to be a disaster to recover from.

The Mitcher

It does seem really shitty to sack a manager on the eve of a cup final (unless you're a wretched London club) when he's won the right to be there and I still think the sacking of LvG hours after winning a cup final was disgraceful by the club

However.
..How in the hell are we going to build momentum for the final when your team's fans hate you, the results and playstyle are pleasing no one, and you've got unhappy players in the squad?
Nonsense, Tottenham sacked Mourinho for justifyable reasons. We are in this mess because the club and fanbase ate not ruthless enough.

Yakuza_devils

I wish Ineos is more decisive to change the manager which is clearly out of his depth. This is the PL and not Eredivisie.

El Zoido

We’re so poorly coached, the players don’t seem to know what to do at any phase of play. Tactics basically appear to be to allow opposition pressure in our own third and and break on the turnover. I can’t figure much else out.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I have no idea what Ten Hag is trying to achieve and I half suspect he lost sight of whatever that was some time ago.

Irwin99

Nonsense, Tottenham sacked Mourinho for justifyable reasons. We are in this mess because the club and fanbase ate not ruthless enough.
Not right before a cup final he got the club to before giving the job to some crappy Spurs interim manager. Pep couldn't believe his luck

The-Mezzala

Needs to go ASAP, I keep saying it but no other BIG team would allow a manager to keep producing these kinds of performances let alone results.

His tactics and player picks are just making it impossible to move forward.
You could remove the word big with just team. He has been out played and done tactically by every coach in the league. We are 6th because of individual moments mainly from Bruno and Garnacho. He has been a huge let down.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Who in their right minds thought that about that game?

And tbh, we habe players capable of magic so you may have a point.
Unfortunately, the votes weren't public so we don't know who changed their stance after the Sheffield game. I think a fair few bought into that story of ten Hag changing his style after a meeting with Wilcox based on the poll and other social media.

stevoc

Im not a huge ETH fan, but anyone who thinks these morons will all of a sudden challenge for the league under a new manager is way to naive.

Just look at that Casemiro header, worst defensive action i have ever witnessed
Don't think anyone's actually said that to be fair.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We aren't going to win the final anyway. His disastrous £400m spending has built a squad with no chance.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We need 10 points from our last 4 games to match the Moyes/Giggs season.

We would also need to score 20 without conceding to match the goal difference
That is fecking brutal.

The Mitcher

Correct - I'm not a big fan of a lot of these players, but they're clearly playing for him and following his insane tactical setup. "Downed tools" is a classic coping mechanism that's used here whenever the manager fails to meet basic expectations.
I blame Ragnick for that, he was the one who would routinely throw them under the bus and whip the fanbase up against them. Got to hand it to him, he figured out most United fans.

Pscholes18

I am genuinely fascinated by those who want to see this man given another season. Like interview curious.
Only two reasons I see are lack of quality options, and INEOS will make him play progressive attacking style football similar to his Ajax team.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I tried to tell you why. The front 4 is set differently, the gap between the front four and the back 6 is wider which creates chaos, it's nearly impossible for any team to properly contain the opposition and do it methodically when you are by design outnumbered and leave massive gaps that allow the opposition to attack you without pressure.
I'm scared to ask. But why set up like this?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's tough againsf
We need 10 points from our last 4 games to match the Moyes/Giggs season.

We would also need to score 20 without conceding to match the goal difference
Yikes..people have defended this man all season too :lol:

Jezpeza

I agree this applies to ten Hag but feck me, to suggest this isn't a picture perfect description of David Moyes too :lol: unbelievable.
West Ham fans need to get real anyway. They are on about competing with the financial heavyweights in the division when their owner Is a penny pinching tight arse. People cant get their nose out of Brightons and De Zerbis arsehole but Brighton are 12th and West Ham are 8th. Where they are is at the maximum of where they will ever be without an ownership buyout. My prediction if they sack Moyes is they start finishing lower midtable

The Mitcher

Not right before a cup final he got the club to before giving the job to some crappy Spurs interim manager. Pep couldn't believe his luck
Weak line of reasoning. Honour isn't worth anything if the manager is failing