Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 657 44.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 810 55.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Gordon S

What are the ideas in attack? We have no synergy between players, no fluidity, it is mostly trying to get a player through on the counter, mostly Garnacho, then just watch him try to outrun, outmuscle, beat his defender somehow.
We had times there at the end where we had like 5-6 players joining attack, and no one knows what is supposed to happen. Just chaos, and mostly down to Brunos creativity and execution.

RuudTom83

He got booed for subbing Mainoo off and then got booed at full time. I hope INEOS were watching and listening.
Hmm...Mainoo was running on empty from the looks of things(?)

Which isn't a criticism but booing his substitution was a odd, unless we want to run the trio of Garnacho, Hojlund, Mainoo into the ground(?) they are basically teenagers and can't play every minute of every game.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
People laugh but INEOS haven’t started well. Leaving him this long and decimating the season wasn’t a good move. I think a half decent interim would have had us fourth.

For all the money we made by not sacking him early, it is lost without a European campaign that was very attainable.

It’s a poor start and already puts them under pressure in the summer. This is what football is like at the top level. You need to be clear and decisive and they have started poorly.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Hmm...Mainoo was running on empty from the looks of things(?)

Which isn't a criticism but booing his substitution was a odd, unless we want to run the trio of Garnacho, Hojlund, Mainoo into the ground(?) they are basically teenagers and can't play every minute of every game.
Mainoo was fine, Eriksen was on empty.

It wasn't odd, he routinely makes the worse subs in the league. He deserves it.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
People laugh but INEOS haven’t started well. Leaving him this long and decimating the season wasn’t a good move. I think a half decent interim would have had us fourth.

For all the money we made by not sacking him early, it is lost without a European campaign that was very attainable.

It’s a poor start and already puts them under pressure in the summer. This is what football is like at the top level. You need to be clear and decisive and they have started poorly.
Sir Jim also cocked up by saying CL is important for FFP. So why has he and Brailsford dithered since Feburary?!

OldSchoolManc

Yeah, sacking him will definitely make this players beat City in the final :lol:

You weirdos.
There’s such a thing as players playing for their future, whether at their current club or for a transfer.
At the moment they are playing under a dead duck manager and feeling in limbo.
They don’t care enough

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

This - it's "penny wise, pound foolish" as they say

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Wanting him sacked now doesn't mean that I think the season will end positively, I don't think it would impact this sorry group of players. However if it this is something coming, let's get on with it

Dec9003

Do you really think that if we change manager we are not "almost certain to lose"?
It could provide a better chance than we have right now to get a good interim in. Short term bounces are a thing in football as we’ve seen many times.

Redstain

I agree to some extent it ponders beyond the managers culpability towards the hierarchy competence. I do think however they have stalled likely due to trying to obtain key positions in the hierarchy but I think Erik should have been handed the boot beginning of January.

It's been clear for some time that injured players returning wasn't going to change the seasons trajectory because regardless of who's been available the performances have remained the same. Under firing and uninspiring.

OldSchoolManc

I mean we are almost certain to lose under ETH, so why not roll the dice?
Wanting him sacked now doesn't mean that I think the season will end positively, I don't think it would impact this sorry group of players. However if it this is something coming, let's get on with it
At this moment in time, Pep and City know exactly how to beat United under Ten Hag (it isn’t difficult).

At least make it interesting by throwing the dice

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It would set the wheels in motion for the search for a new manager. Give them a bit more time.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
At this moment in time, Pep and City know exactly how to beat United under Ten Hag (it isn’t difficult).

At least make it interesting by throwing the dice
This.

Also signals to everyone that there's a basic set of expectations that need to be met.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Wow, new poll says a lot.

I think either way we have little chance of winning the cup final but you never know with a new manager bounce. O'Shea is interim Ireland manager or Rooney is available too. Both would know how to win a cup final, as a player at least, and could at least maybe galvanise the squad for a one off performance. Unlikely though. Ten Hag will be allowed see out the season.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Wow, new poll says a lot.

I think either way we have little chance of winning the cup final but you never know with a new manager bounce. O'Shea is interim Ireland manager or Rooney is available too. Both would know how to win a cup final, as a player at least, and could at least maybe galvanise the squad for a one off performance. Unlikely though. Ten Hag will be allowed see out the season.
Says the exact same thing as the last one, doesn’t it?

RedDevilQuebecois

I’d honestly take Jose for a few matches at this point. He would figure out a setup that doesn’t lead 49 yard spaces at least.
Same. He's about the only person out there who knows how beat Pep while understanding the value of winning cups (that's a direct jab to Ole's mentality as a manager BTW).

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah, sacking him will definitely make this players beat City in the final :lol:

You weirdos.
It's not that sacking him alone gives us a better chance. It's sacking him and potentially bringing in someone who can at least coach a cohesive system. Not only that, but the bounce a new manager brings can also help.

No one is saying that this is a guaranteed way of winning the cup, but you're acting as if this has never had a positive impact in football before. At this point, it's no skin off our noses.

mu4c_20le

Interim might actually give the team a boost. Right now we're just waiting for a moment of brilliance regardless of opposition.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I joked about getting Mourinho but with him, at least we'd stand a chance in the FA cup final.

Castia

There’s just nothing about him what so ever. No charisma, no identity on the field, crap brand of football and a load of shocking transfers leaving us with a squad filled with overpaid shite yet again

He just needs to go it’s a joke at this point. Win or lose we’re fecking awful and this goes back to last season after the Caraboe Cup

Teja

Don't be dumb, top four is gone. Just let him manage the final and send him on his way.