Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 658 44.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 811 55.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

peridigm

Interim might actually give the team a boost. Right now we're just waiting for a moment of brilliance regardless of opposition.
Agree. We need to take that chance as we already know what the outcome will be in the cup final with ETH in charge.

Red-17

Hmm...Mainoo was running on empty from the looks of things(?)

Which isn't a criticism but booing his substitution was a odd, unless we want to run the trio of Garnacho, Hojlund, Mainoo into the ground(?) they are basically teenagers and can't play every minute of every game.
He is the cause of our players looking run ragged. You don't see City midfielders or Arsenal midfielders looking exhausted 60 minutes into a home match against a relegation team because they probably have 70% posession and only need to make short sprints to press and win it back every few minutes. We ask our mids to get into the box to attack and cover countless counter attacks requiring 70 yard sprints. No wonder we have so many injuries when you look at the amount of high stakes defending our players have to do.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Despite all the injuries, the team still feels much less than the sum of its parts. Even with Ole, while it was simple, you could understand what they were doing and the players looked like they knew what they were doing.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There’s just nothing about him what so ever. No charisma, no identity on the field, crap brand of football and a load of shocking transfers leaving us with a squad filled with overpaid shite yet again

He just needs to go it’s a joke at this point. Win or lose we’re fecking awful and this goes back to last season after the Caraboe Cup
Lack of charisma is the worst for me. Whether it's on the touchline or during pressers.

Matriac

Do you really think that if we change manager we are not "almost certain to lose"?
Yes.
Insanity is trying the same thing over and over again expecting something different to happen.

So try something different. Different setup, different instructions.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm scared to ask. But why set up like this?
I don't really know. My best guess is inspired by Hockey, where some teams have defensive systems where they pressure the puck high in the offensive zone and if they don't create a turnover backcheck aggressively in the neutral zone. That's the only thing that I can think about and makes sense but it only works because Hockey rinks are significantly smaller.

TheLord

I would want an interim just so that we actually start looking for a new manager starting tomorrow and not when the preseason has nearly begun.

Matriac

Same. He's about the only person out there who knows how beat Pep while understanding the value of winning cups (that's a direct jab to Ole's mentality as a manager BTW).
Ole said trophies are for egos because they alone don't mean that the team is in a good shape. It doesn't matter winning a cup if you're not doing it in the league. Exactly what has happened under ETH.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
If he is not sacked immediately the new management is as pathetic as hag himself.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I don't really know. My best guess is inspired by Hockey, where some teams have defensive systems where they pressure the puck high in the offensive zone and if they don't create a turnover backcheck aggressively in the neutral zone. That's the only thing that I can think about and makes sense but it only works because Hockey rinks are significantly smaller.
:lol: Creative, I’ll give you that. Love how you’re still trying to make sense of it. I stopped a couples of months back.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I’ve defended him for long. He’s going to be sacked and deservedly so. Extenuating circumstances or not, this season has been unacceptable.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Wow, new poll says a lot.

I think either way we have little chance of winning the cup final but you never know with a new manager bounce. O'Shea is interim Ireland manager or Rooney is available too. Both would know how to win a cup final, as a player at least, and could at least maybe galvanise the squad for a one off performance. Unlikely though. Ten Hag will be allowed see out the season.
If we're focusing purely on the FA Cup final, Ole actually has one of the best records against Pep out there.

However he also had a bad record with us in semi's and finals...

MoskvaRed

Yeah, sacking him will definitely make this players beat City in the final :lol:

You weirdos.
Straw man argument - no one is claiming we would beat City under an interim manager for the obvious reason that City are a much better team. However, under Ten Hag the chance is zero (even in his “good“ season last year he was seriously wanting in his ability to set up against them, as emphasised by Inter a week later) and there is a real risk of a 6-0 style humiliation if we keep on the dead man walking.

AneRu

It's pointless to sack him now, it should have been done months ago when we had the chance to turn things round and win a CL spot. The number of points we have dropped in the last 10 minutes of games since March would enough to make up ground on Spurs and Villa cause both had a bit of wobble.

JPRouve

Scout
:lol: Creative, I’ll give you that. Love how you’re still trying to make sense of it. I stopped a couples of months back.
I abandoned the idea of defending it months ago but I have relapsed. :(

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I think the new board are going to want to keep him as a blame shield whilst they get settled in. If they bring in someone new, they'll be putting themselves in the spotlight. Right now, everything football wise can be explained away as another Glazer feck up.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Just think, it's only 3 days until posters are back saying he deserves another season. Just wait till the dust settles a bit from this one.
In between games they forget how bad we are.

HookedOnAPhelan

Straw man argument - no one is claiming we would beat City under an interim manager for the obvious reason that City are a much better team. However, under Ten Hag the chance is zero (even in his “good“ season last year he was seriously wanting in his ability to set up against them, as emphasised by Inter a week later) and there is a real risk of a 6-0 style humiliation if we keep on the dead man walking.
We played a close game in the FA cup final with City (when nobody gave us a chance) just one year ago.

the_cliff

You have to give him the final tbh, he did get us there.

I don't think there's any doubt that he'll be gone afterwards, regardless of the result of the final.

Juicy Juiced

I am born in Bosnia, Tuzla, I watched shit football from young age.
Then I got my scholarship and I moved to Arnhem NL, more of shit football, after that 1 year in Zwolle even more shittier football, then I meat my wife from Split, Cro even even more shittier football and now where I live they even dont have football club.
I am cursed with shit football, but never ever I have seen more clueless team and manager than our curent setup (when you consired money and league involved).
He needs to go.

Jericholyte2

Who on god’s green earth could get a tune out of these players?

Until key players are moved on (Shaw, Rashford to name two) NO manager will be a success at this club.

It would simply be more years wasted.

JPRouve

Scout
I am born in Bosnia, Tuzla, I watched shit football from young age.
Then I got my scholarship and I moved to Arnhem NL, more of shit football, after that 1 year in Zwolle even more shittier football, then I meat my wife from Split, Cro even even more shittier football and now where I live they even dont have football club.
I am cursed with shit football, but never ever I have seen more clueless team and manager than our curent setup (when you consired money and league involved).
He needs to go.
At which point do we put all the blame on you, it can't be a coincidence? :lol:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
What's with these 28.5% peeps? Pain turns them on i guess. Kinky stuff
Once the entire structure is in place at the club they can decide, for now, what top manager is even available? There really aren't many and we don't even have a DoF yet that will say how we will play.

Dazzmondo

It's pointless to sack him now, it should have been done months ago when we had the chance to turn things round and win a CL spot. The number of points we have dropped in the last 10 minutes of games since March would enough to make up ground on Spurs and Villa cause both had a bit of wobble.
If we could get a good manager in for the FA Cup final it wouldn't be pointless. I don't really care about the rest of the PL games tbh, keep him for those by all means since they're pointless anyway. A part of me does wonder if Bayern go out in the semis, would Tuchel be possible to bring in just before the FA Cup final since all his games with Bayern would be over.