Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 658 44.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 809 55.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

hobbers

Our problems here are tactical. We're a total, utter shambles - and that's down to one person, and clue, it isn't Joel Glazer!
Bingo.

Oh the tactics are brilliant for getting pointless high turnovers that we then do nothing with. Great for meaningless high pressing stats.

But the thing is, when you push 5 players up onto the opponents back four whenever you have the ball, that leaves space. And when the other team beat our press, which happens often, they can waltz right up to our penalty area unchallenged.

It is suicide football. Worse than Bielsa ball.

RuudTom83

He changed the team up at least…didn’t help at all, but it’s what we were asking for pre match.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
What factors ?

Glazers gave him ton of money. No one told him to splash 60m on Mount and 70m on Antony. They overpaid to please him.

Players ? These players were the ones who finished 3rd with him and won that glorious League Cup people keep praising him for last season. Now they're the problem ? So basically a win is thanks to the manager and the loss is thanks to players.

Injuries ? The nature of our injuries scream lack of fitness due to the awful preparation for the season which, guess what, is his job.

Bad luck ? Bad luck might make you lose one or two matches but not be utterly shit every single game against any opposition even relegation fodders.

He's absolutely one of the biggest reason for our awful season.
All of this looks to be true, but what is he doing differently this year compared to last? A few horrible embarrassments aside he had the players pulling in one direction, now they look disinterested, mutinous and as if they literally haven't trained all season. I'm baffled as to how bad it all looks.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
[

He’s had over a year to coach these players, they are professional international footballers. Even the players he’s brought in look shit. Blaming the odd player he’s left over with is no excuse.
I know it’s not an excuse. But this doesn’t start with ETH this goes well over him. How can he coach players at Ajax and transformed their club? Because he was aloud too. I think he’s been limited to what he can do here.

Gordon S

Ole might somehow be the better manager after all :lol:
We didn`t play well but we had some bite and fight in us most weeks, and we actually attacked with some pace and intention and scored every now and then. Even if it was mostly quick counterattacking.
We have absolutely nothing under EtH. We are wide open in defense, useless at keeping the ball in the team, useless at building attacks, and building pressure, useless in front of goal.

ArjenIsM3

Apart from Martial for Hojlund this was the lineup most on here asked for and to be honest I don't think we played badly tactically but we've been done in by individual errors. The ABU ref with his yellows (or lack thereof for Newcastle) hasn't helped either.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Hang on, he's taken off casemiro and left on Hannibal?!

Is he a fecking loon?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I know it’s not an excuse. But this doesn’t start with ETH this goes well over him. How can he coach players at Ajax and transformed their club? Because he was aloud too. I think he’s been limited to what he can do here.
Helps when you’re playing Groningen and Go Ahead Eagles, rather than state backed clubs.

Castia

Can’t deny he’s a big reason for the squad being shit, pretty much all of his signings apart from Martinez are currently looking like big wastes of money.
Martinez has looked good but he had a big injury last season and he’s barely played this season after a further injury, his injury record is questionable at best

el3mel

All of this looks to be true, but what is he doing differently this year compared to last? A few horrible embarrassments aside he had the players pulling in one direction, now they look disinterested, mutinous and as if they literally haven't trained all season. I'm baffled as to how bad it all looks.
Because last year was just overrated. We were only good for few months, and ended the season horribly.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Oh man, drops Rashford and Fernandes (or rested) and the football is still the same shite.

Can’t even blame McTominay tonight

DJ_21

Helps when you’re playing Groningen and Go Ahead Eagles, rather than state backed clubs.
That’s their equivalent to Sheff United. You also forgetting he battered Madrid at the Bernerbau

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Players have downed tools, same as the last 3 managers. Matter of when not if he is gone.

Can't wait to see them play their socks off for the new boss for the rest of this year and then decide they hate him too at some point in 1-2 years.

Becoming more predictable than the old RAWK boom bust cycle.
You say this as if it’s the same team as give up under mourinho. 6 or 7 players of this starting line up we’re here from ten hag, it’s basically his team now so you can’t go blaming the same players giving up again

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The Glazers don't allow him to make subs. Damn the Glazers

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
He signed the wrong players and we haven't moved forward while the teams around us have. We used to have SAF who did both recruitment and coaching. Ten Hag is only a coach, not a DOF/Coach hybrid like SAF. If he was the dominant voice in identifying targets, that's the simplest explanation for why we got it wrong (and have been getting it wrong since SAF left).
If he's a coach how is he unable to coach anything into the players? We looked coached last year and now we look like fecking strangers. Have the changes he's tried to bring to the squad over the last few months alienated the players who did well last year to the point where they don't want to listen to him any more or what? I'm sounding like I thought we were great last year, we weren't, but we've gone so far backwards so quickly it's mind-blowing.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
What factors ?

Glazers gave him ton of money. No one told him to splash 60m on Mount and 70m on Antony. They overpaid to please him.

Players ? These players were the ones who finished 3rd with him and won that glorious League Cup people keep praising him for last season. Now they're the problem ? So basically a win is thanks to the manager and the loss is thanks to players.

Injuries ? The nature of our injuries scream lack of fitness due to the awful preparation for the season which, guess what, is his job.

Bad luck ? Bad luck might make you lose one or two matches but not be utterly shit every single game against any opposition even relegation fodders.

He's absolutely one of the biggest reason for our awful season.
The window was a weird one, especially Mount. Onana made sense, and I think if we had our first choice back 4 fit then we’d be seeing the style of play we bought him in for. Hojlund looks good, but we should’ve got another striker. The Glazers could give the manager more money which wouldn’t fall under FFP restrictions - they just won’t.

The players did well last season - as did the manager. I’m not saying either were to blame for the bad start, but I do think the players have started to down tools slightly now the season has gone into a tailspin. That’s clear just from watching them.

Whatever the reason for the injuries, it’s mental to act like they aren’t a factor in the results. How many teams win games with their 5th and 6th choice centre halves? Or none of their first choice back 4?

We’ve been poor in many games due to the factors mentioned, which means bad decisions impact you more. City could get a dodgy decision but it wouldn’t matter because they’ll win anyway. We’ve been hindered by many things, and are still being held back by bad decisions because we aren’t in a position to out score them.

DJ_21

I’d love to know what training is like at Carrington. And what the relationship is like with the players

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It's got nothing to do with players 'not being arsed'. You are being conned by clueless pundits who revert to saying that because they're clueless and emotional.

Our problems here are tactical. We're a total, utter shambles - and that's down to one person, and clue, it isn't Joel Glazer!
Being conned :lol:

Use your eyes ffs

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Because last year was just overrated. We were only good for few months, and ended the season horribly.
But it was unquestionably better than this, and I'm just baffled as to why so I'm here asking the same questions over and over :lol:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Apart from Martial for Hojlund this was the lineup most on here asked for and to be honest I don't think we played badly tactically but we've been done in by individual errors. The ABU ref with his yellows (or lack thereof for Newcastle) hasn't helped either.
We didn’t create a single chance

hobbers

People will say at least he made subs.. but this also proves how fecking clueless and finished he is.

Swaps Amrabat for Casemiro. Still the same system. Mount and Hannibal pushing into the final third and it's Amrabat on his own. Stubborn and brainless.

Trying to become a top transition team... the best transition team in the Prem's history was Klopp's liverpool side. Who played with 3 midfielders, not fecking 1.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That’s their equivalent to Sheff United. You also forgetting he battered Madrid at the Bernerbau
Yeah we know he had one good Champions League run and beat a Real Madrid team in transition, before bottling it against Tottenham of all clubs.

talking robot

If he's a coach how is he unable to coach anything into the players? We looked coached last year and now we look like fecking strangers. Have the changes he's tried to bring to the squad over the last few months alienated the players who did well last year to the point where they don't want to listen to him any more or what? I'm sounding like I thought we were great last year, we weren't, but we've gone so far backwards so quickly it's mind-blowing.
we’ve lost 3 key players for long periods (shaw, martinez and varane). casemiro is past it. a qualified dof would have us with higher quality back up on defense and would have seen the case problem coming.

el3mel

The window was a weird one, especially Mount. Onana made sense, and I think if we had our first choice back 4 fit then we’d be seeing the style of play we bought him in for. Hojlund looks good, but we should’ve got another striker. The Glazers could give the manager more money which wouldn’t fall under FFP restrictions - they just won’t.
The window was only weird because his targets were awful and so was last season too.

Excuses, we had Martinez and we played like shit with him in the side.

The players did well last season - as did the manager. I’m not saying either were to blame for the bad start, but I do think the players have started to down tools slightly now the season has gone into a tailspin. That’s clear just from watching them.
The players aren't "downing the tools". I have seen nothing indicating they're lazy or not putting efforts. They're just either bad players or clueless because our tactics are awful.

You just want to throw the entire blame on the players then deny it. A little bit weird if you ask me.

Whatever the reason for the injuries, it’s mental to act like they aren’t a factor in the results. How many teams win games with their 5th and 6th choice centre halves? Or none of their first choice back 4?
So you want to discard the reasoning of the injuries even if it was because of Ten Hag's awful preparation for the season ? You just want to count them as an excuse.

We’ve been poor in many games due to the factors mentioned, which means bad decisions impact you more. City could get a dodgy decision but it wouldn’t matter because they’ll win anyway. We’ve been hindered by many things, and are still being held back by bad decisions because we aren’t in a position to out score them.
Most of these factors are down to Ten Hag, injuries, players..etc to add to his awful tactics every game.

Neither of these excuses are logical when you're dreadful playing even against Sheffield United who sit last in the table and barely managed to get a win.

And now you're blaming the refs ?

Mate, you're doing nothing but saying excuses and excuses for the guy and refuses to admit any responsibility for him, just to deny this when faced with it.

Mike Smalling

Oh well, at least he gave us that brief period of hope around the post World Cup run, which included the cup win. There was a period where I actually thought he could be the guy to lead for a longer period and make gradual improvements.

ArjenIsM3

People will say at least he made subs.. but this also proves how fecking clueless and finished he is.

Swaps Amrabat for Casemiro. Still the same system. Mount and Hannibal pushing into the final third and it's Amrabat on his own. Stubborn and brainless.

Trying to become a top transition team... the best transition team in the Prem's history was Klopp's liverpool side. Who played with 3 midfielders, not fecking 1.
We're playing a lot better because of those changes. Amrabat has done far better than Casemiro so far.