Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 656 44.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 807 55.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

prateik

I'd have a lot of respect for him if he quit and called everyone of them cnuts.
He has signed

Malacia
Eriksen
Martinez
Casemiro
Antony

Mount
Onana
Hojlund

Amrabat / Weghorst / Sabitzer on loan

He has total control of transfers.

He should be sacked for this alone.. who the feck is he going to call out?? he is the fecking problem.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Again this needs to be said that Ange has Tottenham top of the league after losing their best player. We have gone backwards to the point we are worse than the end of Ole’s tenure.

Loon

:lol:
He was my choice and I am gutted it will end like this. I have no idea who can fix this rot that runs throughout that squad and club.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can’t wait for the “we played well” post match quotes :drool:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Remember when we all thought the problem was McFred and De Gea

’We can’t play out with De Gea’ :lol:
A lot of it was. But somehow with £400m Ten Hag has replaced them with worse.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
He has signed

Malacia
Eriksen
Martinez
Casemiro
Antony

Mount
Onana
Hojlund

Amrabat / Weghorst / Sabitzer on loan

He has total control of transfers.

He should be sacked for this alone.. who the feck is he going to call out?? he is the fecking problem.
Not true

Zora

Look what Howe has done. He took over when bottom of the table.
Howe has an actual footballing structure and a settled culture at the club though.

Howe would be doing about as well as Ten Hag if he was here instead, I think.

el3mel

It took Newcastle only one year of good investment to become a top 4 team and now they're better than us.

United fans : "You need to give the managers 3 years at least and billions of pounds to change the entire squad before you ask for results or good football. Fergie was crap in his first 5 years..blah blah blah".

Scottynaldinho

I'm sure the new spin would be "let him implement his Ajax style as he was forced to play the transition system and it didn't work". The last press conference was a master stroke from this fraud to keep the sheep backing him for a few more monthd.

Skills

Snitch
Howe has an actual footballing structure and a settled culture at the club though.

Ah the famous footballing culture Brucie left behind in the relegation zone.

TsuWave

Want to know what's crazy about the £400m spent? We got rid of Ragnick's talent ID because this guy reportedly didn't want to work with/Ragnick's consultancy

Redstain

I think the vast majority would welcome a new manager once we change our whole sporting structure. Klopp had a fantastic structure in place at Liverpool and Michael Edwards struck gold with plenty of the early targets he identified.

I, for one, think that as fans we obsess far too much over who our manager is and get too emotionally invested in them. I would rather we had a world class footballing structure in place that identifies a specific criteria of manager and player for the club, with a very clear vision in place. This would enable our managers to act more as coaches and drill a playstyle into the players.

The current structure we have is a fecking mess; we've gone through a tonne of poor managers and players - while spending close to a billion quid - and had zero discernible success to show for it. Sacking ETH now, and operating as we have been doing for the past decade, likely will lead to the same failures. For what it's worth; I think as fans we've been far too passive with most managers and given them way too much slack.
Would a better structure have kept Mourinho, Ole, Ragnick employed. Have those respective managers moved to other clubs and amassed success ?

The criticism of the structure is perfectly valid but it doesn't pacify what cannot be described as anything other than poor management. What Eriks struggling with is not structure, it is his responsibilities to coach and direct the team. The struggle is from his tactical approach and all the elements that concern the managers role to develop the team.

Believe me most of my posts under the newbie system was predicted towards criticism of Murtough and hierarchy but it was relatively minute amongst others last season. So if the overwhelming majority of the forum was passive in critiquing the structure last season when we had cup success and a top four finish, it cannot be used as an excuse to diminish the manager failing on a grand scale. This is all on Eth, he was successful last season he's failing this season.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Look what Howe has done. He took over when bottom of the table.
Yep, they haven’t even signed big names. Just sensible transfers all round and young hungry players who will give their all every game. Look at their full back options ffs. Blow us out the water in every department and at this point our team is basically names only. None of our players live up to their reputations in the past. Just all complete bottle jobs who can’t handle the pressure. The manager doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing either and the fact the club let him sign all this garbage just says it all. What a complete fecking joke.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm tired of all this. I have been very critical of EHT, but I was desperate for him to succeed here and wanted us to sign him.

But he's not the manager I thought he was, more talk than action.

He was far from the main issue at this club but he's the second earliest option to replace with the hope we get lucky with another manager somehow

Rex Banner

Maybe we need to start looking at managers from the Eredivisie like we do the players.

I've lost count of the amount of players who've looked quality in the Eredivisie over the years but have then flopped in the Prem.

Hughes35

Can someone please tell me what the system is? What is Ten Hag football?
I'm sure most people on here have played for a really bad 5 or 7 aside team that loses their heads and everybody just runs around like kids trying to start fights..... that is Ten Haag ball.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Newcastle were in the doldrums before Howe took over :lol:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Probably happy clapping along to managers that aren't up to the task and lowering standards year-on-year. All this for a full fecking decade now. Yeowzers.
I can’t fault fans going and supporting the team, what do you expect them to do? Boo from the first whistle? Bring white flags? I’m expecting a pretty hefty booing at this final whistle

Smithy89

Can't keep blaming culture or the board or this or that. They have zero to do with a manager having no ideas or any sort of footballing structure on the pitch, we are the pits to watch. What are our patterns of play, defensive structure, and how do we build up?

Devil81

Did he?

They were a mess when he took over, what changes did they make really?

He just managed them really well.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
We all fell for it, we were bluffed by him, the media, and his time at Ajax. Also if we didn't hire him for his philosophy at Ajax then why did we?
It's been said a lot, but he was never the man making transfer decisions at Ajax, and he's brought in Ajax players who were dominating in Holland and took that confidence into the CL - now we Ave Eredevise level players who are low on confidence because they can't hack the PL.

Why on earth could anyone at this club not see that he was never left with transfer authority at Ajax? It was never going to work.

To be fair, even before he came I said he'd fail unless 95% of the players left too, sadly the new players are being affected by the old ones, we literally need to get rid of Ten Hag along with most of these players before the new manager comes in - it'll cost a lot, but I'd rather see Burnley type players busting their guts out rather than the cnuts like Rashford and Martial, at least they'd do it for 10% of the cost.

Burn the lot and start again, we're wasting money anyway.

Castia

Mc part of that equation is still here. We need to sort that out before thinking about the manager.
Yet Brighton play great football with Milner and Lallana pulling the strings….Newcastle with Longstaff etc. We can’t put 2 passes together and play the worst brand of football in the league

Mullet_Man

I hope at some point he goes into detail on his recent quotes about not wanting to implement the style of football he played with Ajax here because, on face value, seeing him say what he did was probably the final nail in his coffin.
It's funny as we have bought half the Ajax team haven't we?

Onana, VdB, Antony and Martinez

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

Absolute nonsense. What settled system? They were bought out last year.