Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 648 44.6%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 806 55.4%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Time for Erik to move on. He has got all the resources to put together the team of his choice and ended up chosing mediocre players from Eredivisie.

I would be glad to see him leave and take his soy-boys Antony, Malacia, Martinez and Onana with him back to Netherlands.
Martinez? Really?

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Mainoo sub tactical?
That's worrying. We completely lost the midfield without him.
McTominay was complete clown for the 2nd goal....

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live after the loss against Nottingham Forest: "First half performance was OK. We invested to do less in the final third. I think we should have created more.

"The second half we had moments when we conceded goals. Then we come back in the game and I think the game was ours and we went for 2-1 and then we conceded. We had our moments but it was not good enough to win here."

On the need to be more consistent: "We know that. We have to make our performances consistent and have to do better. A game is 90 minutes and we have to invest from the first minute on.

"We are hopeful that many players will be back in the new year and they will strengthen the team and the squad.

"We know the reasons why it is not working. No team can deal with so many issues and injuries we have gad. We should still have done better and we have depth in the squad. When you have so many injuries, the depth is not enough."
Always the exact same crap from him. "We played okay, but need to start doing better", rinse and repeat.

AshRK

Whatever he was smoking today must be good. The feck you sub your only good mf for a clown like Mctominay

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Confirmed it himself that he hasn't got a clue.
"I have no regrets sticking my knob in the food processor. Granted, I no longer have a knob and now every fruit smoothie I make tastes weird but in the grand scheme of things I really think I need to go and see a doctor before I lose more blood please help me I can see the light at the end of the.."

erikcred

And ETH had good pedigree before us, excellent even. Arsenal were a mess from top to bottom then, and clubs recognise that as a factor in why Emery failed, and he made mistakes too. We're also a mess, and other clubs will recognise that, he may not go directly to another European giant but he'll be managing around the top level for years to come.
Emery has a bunch of Europa Leagues and still doesn't have a top European job. It'll take a while for ETH to restore his credibility at the top level you mention.

I mean it's not like there was any serious interest from any of the European giants until we got involved.

Massimo Taibi

14 defeats this season before 1st Jan tells you all you need to know, I’m afraid. Time for ETH to go.

Irwin99

Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live after the loss against Nottingham Forest: "First half performance was OK. We invested to do less in the final third. I think we should have created more.
having an XG of 0.00000001 is not ok Erik. It's dreadful.

Superunknown

"I have no regrets sticking my knob in the food processor. Granted, I no longer have a knob and now every fruit smoothie I make tastes weird but in the grand scheme of things I really think I need to go and see a doctor before I lose more blood please help me I can see the light at the end of the.."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What a disappointment he's been this season. It's like watching a tv series that has a great pilot but just gets shitter and shitter with each episode.

lex talionis

He started Antony and subbed on McTominay. Name any other manager on the planet who would do that.

The Hilton

To be honest, I only quoted you just to prove you were lying when you said you would put me on the ignore list few days ago. You are so amusing.
Are you aware that you still see posts from people on your "ignore" list? I can't actually remove you from my viewing of the forum, as nice as that would be.

The hypocrisy is apparent though, you accuse me of only caring about ETH's career after a loss, whereas you only care about a user on a forum who rolls their eyes at your unhinged rants. To me that's much more amusing!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
This should be the final nail for any supporters clinging on. Clueless and stubborn. Let’s start 2024 fresh.
I doubt if they will sack him. Let him play out the rest of the season.There is no way we can get a new permanent manager in mid-season.

besides it would be better for ineos to start next season from a low base that ETH will have created. Can only go up.

Revan

Assumptionman
Ole turned down multiple job offers after his United stint, we don't know who they were but he clearly had some options.

As for Ten Hag, if he goes back to Ajax and does anywhere near as well as he did the first time around he'll find a job at a big club easily.

Just look at Emery, who many on the caf now want to be his replacement. He was a laughing stock after Arsenal (understandably so), but has rehabilitated his image at clubs that aren't a circus and looks set for another job at a big club sooner rather than later.
Emery has also won Europa Leagues and has matched ETH’s best success in UCL while coaching Villarreal. He is a better manager than EtH.

EtH’s seni-final with Ajax most likely was an one of, he essentially couldn’t pass the group stage in 3 out of 4 seasons after that. He will find a good job or two in Holland before going to irrelevance.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I don't actually disagree with him here.

Yeah I completely disagree with him. He isn't trotting out a starting XI of nothing but U-18 players out there. He had 7 or 8 first choice players starting today. He's tactically inept and a bad coach, Martinez and Shaw starting today doesn't change that fact. And quite frankly it's embarrassing that he's using the excuse so much when his entire attack and Bruno has largely been available all season while he's lead us to being a bottom 3 scoring team in the league.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He needs to go.

We're crap. Every now and then we might be a bit decent, but then we'll be crap again pretty quickly after.

And some of his decisions are just mind boggling

Xaviboy

Only hope now is Martinez and casemiro coming back in to the team and expecting us to suddenly start playing well. No time for casemiro to give himself 4 or 5 games to get in full flow. Pressure on now.

KeanoMagicHat

And ETH had good pedigree before us, excellent even. Arsenal were a mess from top to bottom then, and clubs recognise that as a factor in why Emery failed, and he made mistakes too. We're also a mess, and other clubs will recognise that, he may not go directly to another European giant but he'll be managing around the top level for years to come.
It's funny Emery was sacked after losing 4 games in all competitions (a lot more draws though)... Ten Hag still has his job here after losing 14.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Today was dreadful enough, with you trolls calling Licha "overrated" just to make ETH look even worse.

For ETH and any manager to come after him, Martinez is the first name on the teamsheet.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Tbf, there’s a lot of hyperbole on here often, but we genuinely are, quite literally one of the worst attacking sides in the league. I think it’s the worst we’ve ever been.

The Hilton

Tbh Emery hasn't managed a top team since failing at Arsenal either and he was better than ETH
He hasn't, yet, but surely you agree he's likely to get another shot, his reputation is better now than it was before the Arsenal debacle.

As for better than ETH, perhaps at the moment, but ETH had a stellar reputation before he joined us, that didn't come from nowhere. Perhaps this job was too soon for him, but he'll get jobs in management without question, so it'll be about whether he can do well there to get back in the running for the top jobs. I expect so, clearly you don't, maybe a wager is in order?

el3mel

Are you aware that you still see posts from people on your "ignore" list? I can't actually remove you from my viewing of the forum, as nice as that would be.

The hypocrisy is apparent though, you accuse me of only caring about ETH's career after a loss, whereas you only care about a user on a forum who rolls their eyes at your unhinged rants. To me that's much more amusing!
When did you invent that? :lol:

The only way to view the ignores posters posts is by deliberately hitting the "show ignored content" at the end of the page.

Face it, you didn't actually put me on any list and is just trying to save face at this point.

Again, you are so amusing.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
At the end of the day we have major injuries, disciplinary issues and the worst infrastrauctue a top club can have. The main thing though at the end of the day is that we have been totally reliant and spending fortunes on players that the likes of Forest Bournemouth and other bottom half teams would be using as squad players once they panned out over the course of a season or two. Evans, Eriksen, Darmian, DDG, Lingard, the end of Pogba , Sanchez, Martial, space jammed Rashford, lindelof, Maguire, Mc Fecking Tominay, Wout, Ronaldo and so on. Our only players who look like should be going forward with us or can do the unexpected or will at the very least work hard enough are the likes Garnacho, Mainoo and Rasmus. Shaw Rashford and Bruno have at least shown a top level for us that is effective.

Tonight broke me. Manager is cack too. No manager with half a brain cell makes that change at half time, Jesus Christ man.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
His tactics isn't helping at all. I understand team is depleted with injuries but both conceded goals were carbon copy of goals we have been conceding this year. Cut backs.

If Eriksen can't play 2 matches, sub him out. Feck, he couldn't even walk today. Eriksen was the one who needed replacing not Mainoo but I understand he needed the creativity . Guess what - we got neither

spiriticon

Martinez was really shit for the first few games of this season so I'm not sure he's the key to amazing football.

In addition, it seems like he now has a recurring injury problem.

Bobski

Mainoo sub tactical?
That's worrying. We completely lost the midfield without him.
McTominay was complete clown for the 2nd goal....
Should McT just stay in the middle with 3 other players and give Elanga a 2 v1 against Dalot?

Don't see how people can directly blame McT for the second when Evans/Varane/ and AWB should be enough to deal with the other Forest players.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Any match going fan in here? What was the reaction today? What are people saying really? Have they turned against ETH or are still hopeful?