Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 540 53.1%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 476 46.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Hughes35

City lost 5 games all season last year, we're on 3 after 5 games.

Season's over already. Start planning for next year now, even if it involves a different manager
Exactly this. We should be getting the Brighton manager sighed up now

FrantikChicken

I’ve been supporting him until now but that’s starting to change today. I feel like he’s lost the trust in the team. It’s like Groundhog Day…problem is I don’t think anything will fix until ownership changes

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I think today is the first game he has got absolutely everything wrong, didn’t react quick enough to the flaws in our tactics as all 3 goals effectively identical where the free man edge of the box was not followed in by any of our players.

Poor subs as well. With all the off-field shot going on too, he’s starting to feel a lot of pressure.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
He's been backed 100%.

Onana
Martinez
Malacia
Casemiro
Eriksen
Mount
Amrabat
Antony
Hojlund

All within 2 summers. Most of those are the managers own choices too so he has no excuses.
Don't think we can judge this summers signings yet however tactically he seems to be a one trick pony and if it doesn't work in games we have no way out.

mav_9me

I have no problems supporting him but acknowledging that he got completely out coached today. Hopefully he makes changes to how we set up in midfield.

Jezpeza

Because the cultists then got convinced that we are playing as a passing team. And because he played for him before.
To be honest we are getting battered most weeks now
Not acceptable. Yes we have many injuries, but our XI is miles better than theirs yet they look a notch above organisationally.
Injuries no excuse. If you disentegrate with a couple of injuries thats absolute proof that we rely on individuals.

hobbers

ETH wont succeed here but Glazers and Murtough have to feck off first.

We need new owners. They appoint a top director of football. He then scouts the next manager.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's been backed 100%.

Onana
Martinez
Malacia
Casemiro
Eriksen
Mount
Amrabat
Antony
Hojlund

All within 2 summers. Most of those are the managers own choices too so he has no excuses.
This back the manager BS is proper getting on my nerves. Only Arteta has been backed more than him.

He's just not good enough. The away form tells you all you need to know

AndySmith1990

£150m is worth sh!t in today’s market, especially with the clowns doing the negotiating for us.
£150m is a lot of money and will go far if spent well. We've allowed yet another manager to spend it badly. Hardly a surprise we find ourselves in another mess

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
That's the thing. Even Guardiola couldn't fix this mess. No manager change until the club is sold, otherwise nothing will improve.
This is a myth. Spurs and Chelsea were in worse places than united. They are playing much better football than us. Guardiola would love to come to a club and be allowed to sign players he want and be giving time to implement his philosophy

mintyred

As soon as ETH decided that we were going to be a transition team this season, the countdown to his sacking began.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
He got as much personality as a dead shrimp, is really hard to root for him when things are going bad.

vangagal

He is clearly doesnt fancy McT but still playing him against Brighton of all team. What was he thinking?
Bruno clearly cant play at mid or wing seeing his touch is so awful.
And how come Rashford turned into godawful greedy player?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
FFS. Ole was an embarrassing joke. ETH has won leagues with Ajax (a team who has won more European trophies than we have). And won cups in Holland and England. He is getting shafted by a dysfunctional joke of a club. No manager can succeed here while the club is being run by idiots.
How do back to back second place finishes equal an ‘embarrassing joke’?

And by the same token, Ole has won titles in Norway. Ultimately, I don’t really care what they’ve done elsewhere, as United managers, Ole has been better. The football we played just after lockdown was the best we’ve played in years, he had us scoring goals which Ten Hag has never managed, and he’s had some big performances against big sides, outplaying City at The Etihad on more than one occasion. Ten Hag has just been getting battered by every top side.

Calling a spade a spade, there’s no way in a million years that Ten Hag has been a better manager than Solskjaer. Whether either are good enough is a different question, but this con artist isn’t.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
But given the flow of the game and how many shots both teams had, and our domination in the opening 30, was the set up wrong? Or is it our pointlessness at both ends of the pitch that was the issue (not absolving him)?
It was the system. 100%. It worked for 15 minutes before we got tired from covering massive spaces laterally and they just focused on the wings and outnumbered us massively out there. After that, sure we had a couple of moments creating half chances, but nothing clear. Meanwhile they were donating possession, getting in big areas, passing around us like we are some random mid table team and that's what the coaching looked like today.

We were comprehensively out coached and out played today. That's on the manager. 100%. I don't think this was the case before, but today it for sure is.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
6 points from 15 flatters us, to be honest.

Soundly beaten in 3 games, ref saved us against Wolves and we pulled out some vintage Moments FC against Forest.

Rex Banner

It's scary the amount of money he's been allowed to spend.
It's mad. You think we'd have learnt our lesson after Van Gaal, Mourinho and Solskjaer. We're just gonna end up stuck with a bunch of players the next manager doesn't fancy.

Widow

EtH has to answer to some of these results. I don't think him being sacked should even be in the convo but we need to make him accountable for some of the things wrong this season. Forgetting the possible charges, Anthony just isn't an elite-level player. Martinez's level seems to have dropped so there will be a big focus on him this year. Eriksen is a good player but he wouldn't get into another side looking to challenge. Casa looks to be slowing down by every game passing. This is big money on both transfer and wages and i
EtH must shoulder the blame if this poor form continues.

ForeverRed1

Yea, but why are the players he bought on sulking? If he buy him more players he wants, won't that circle continue?

I m still backing him in the meantime, but my criteria is often more than just win result. I want to see effective football and us dominating important statistic. Because I understand that if we win ugly, it just put tap over a larger Crack.

Going into this game, I knew we would be outplayed. I m not surprised that this happened.
Who would you replace him with ? Genuine question…

acnumber9

Is there something wrong with how Ten Hag is doing his pre seasons?

Casemiro looked fantastic last year after he came in after his Madrid pre season.

This season he wouldn’t even get picked for a Soccer Aid team.
There’s definitely something wrong with our fitness. Players look like they’re running in treacle.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
LVG was our only manager post-SAF where we seemed to actually have an identity and a clear style of play.

Granted, that style of play was horribly boring and ineffective, but it was there.

As with our play style under other managers, I just don't see what we're trying to do here or how we're trying to play.
I do agree. Just meant it in the sense that they both play boring football

reelworld

Can't blame the ownership every time we got a bad result. Ten Hag have to take responsibilities at some point.
His job is to motivate the team and make adjustments, he was shite doing that tonight.

kidbob

ETH wont succeed here but Glazers and Murtough have to feck off first.

We need new owners. They appoint a top director of football. He then scouts the next manager.
This is where I am right now. The structure has to change and a proper DOF is needed for any manager to succeed. I am worried, though, that we'll lost some talented young players because ETH won't give them a chance no matter how shite our older players look again and again.

Telsim

City lost 5 games all season last year, we're on 3 after 5 games.

Season's over already. Start planning for next year now, even if it involves a different manager
People still believe this club does any planning? Wow.

GMoore23

This back the manager BS is proper getting on my nerves. Only Arteta has been backed more than him.

He's just not good enough. The away form tells you all you need to know
Yep, some people haven't a fecking clue. I mean what do they consider being backed. They're living in cuckoo land.

Caius

I understand going for the game, but having Bruno playing as basically a CB is one of the most baffling managerial decisions I've ever seen. Don't know how Ten Hag thought having our most likely player to create something playing defense would help anything

DSG

Pretty sure ETH’s ass is fecking sore after that. The world’s most expensive squad undone by Brighton (again). Rashford constantly fluffing his lines doesn’t help, injuries in defense doesn’t help, but how do you not start Garnacho, sub Hojlund out with that clown Martial?

Okay, we’re all emotional here after a loss at home, and his winning percentage at United is still 65%, but… what the feck? Seriously, what the feck?????

leontas

Starting to lose faith in him. He's been given so much money and we still seem to have the same issues we had when he first came on board - we're way to easy to play against and cut open. And Onana seems to be not great at saving shots.

astracrazy

Yes, we all know that. But the original point was his signings were mostly crap. There should be no dispute about that.
I don't know. I'm going for a beer and ridicule down the pub. Have a good evening.

oreon

I am pro ETH but 3 L in first 5 league games is abysmal. This season is quickly going down the drawn. Forget closing gap on City, now it all about getting that 4th UCL spot. But whatever happens, ETH should get 3 seasons. I don't think firing another manager in season 2 is going to do anything

bald_ole

£150m is a lot of money and will go far if spent well. We've allowed yet another manager to spend it badly. Hardly a surprise we find ourselves in another mess
ETH has used 350m in two summers. Klopp and Guordiola built title winning teams with that money

hobbers

Cant wait for him to come out and tell us what a good performance this was and just an unlucky result....