Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 575 54.4%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 482 45.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Fooza

I'm sticking with EtH still, not because he's doing good but because I have ZERO faith that bringing in a new manager is changing anything long term. Nothing will prove me otherwise after having 10 years of it.

I've had enough with everything at the top that I actually have to accept absolute dross for serious changes to be done at the top. Then I'll start calling for new manager.

The top needs changing first, that's the main thing now

Smithy89

The only manager we've had since 2013 with any sort of identity and structure was LVG and he was fecking awful too, but at least he knew how to set his team up in a structure that was his philosophy.

MadMike

Feck sake. I spent all day arguing we shouldn’t keep sacking managers but I m so fecking annoyed with this team. Apart from the odd bright spark we look absolutely shit. How can we be so bad?

By tomorrow I’ll calm down but if he resigned now I’d say yeah Erik, feck off.
You’ll be even angrier tomorrow. Welcome to the Erik out club.

Castia

Let’s have it right we were shit for most of last season as well. A complete freak season in which Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea ended up in a mid table really made us look better than we are. The football has been shit since the Caraboe Cup final.

Were in minus goal difference over the last 37 games were fecking shit.

Banana Republic

A lot of things I can accept from him but why Mason Mount just why for 55mil
I just don’t understand
The price isn’t down to the manager, he doesn’t get involved in the negotiations.
The executive and the negotiators were reckless, as they have been on numerous transfers.
Mount has 1 year left on his contract and Chelsea wanted to offload him.
How did they willingly get mugged again?

hobbers

Sacking ETH won’t solve anything.

We don’t have the right sort of players to turn this around.
Whoever comes in will struggle with this squad.
Will solve the moronic 4141 formation letting opposition players walk through into our box for a start.

Amira

Smooth talker, certainly had me sold. However, it appears he needs the perfect storm to deliver anything other than a dreadful performance.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Pretty sure he's done. Just a matter of how long they drag it out for, probably too long.

The squad is a shambles though. God help the next guy.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
feck it, I'd take relegation. A season in the championship will be fun.

NewUser777

We might try something new. Stick with it and not press the panic button through the rough patch. Just a thought.

eire-red

I'm dreading the away trips to Anfield and Etihad this season already.

With the way this lot are playing, could see us getting pumped even worse than last season.

This feels as low as it ever has. We can't score, we can't defend, we can't keep the ball, we can't even create chances against a CB partnership of Dummett and Kraft.

There's not one single fundamental of the game we're doing well right now.

Redstain

Sacking ETH won’t solve anything.

We don’t have the right sort of players to turn this around.
Whoever comes in will struggle with this squad.
Did United not have the right players when the team finished 3rd and obtained the domestic cup ?

Did United not have the right players when 250M spent this summer. Was it before spending the money or after ?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Unfortunately he’s another one that’s failed to live upto expectations. We all had high hopes for this one.

Eddy_JukeZ

It's funny how so many posters on here were so convinced Bruno and Rashford are letting him down.

Without those 2 players last season, he's probably without a job at the moment.

r0663664

Worships Man City
No matter how bad the coaching, the players need to play their heart out. I think the players has given up on Erik, I think he has to go. How can anyone lose 2 home games 0-3. We are talking about home games. Even bottom of the table teams will fight till the end. Players has decided to give up on him for many reasons, how he treat senior players like Maguire and McTominay, how he favours Rashford and Bruno, buying players that he knows, rumour of replacing players. He will not last this season, he will be gone if we lose the next 2-3 games. It was great, Erik but bye.

MadMike

Pretty sure he's done. Just a matter of how long they drag it out for, probably too long.

The squad is a shambles though. God help the next guy.
This squad finished 3 last season. Casemiro has fallen off a cliff and Varane’s legs are gone, sure, but the rest is still the same squad. With a new manager bounce the season is salvageable.

By salvageable I mean avoiding relegation of course. Something that looks like a real possibility at the moment.

Banana Republic

Will solve the moronic 4141 formation letting opposition players walk through into our box for a start.
Well, there is that.
How he hasn’t somehow noticed, got the odd hint or clue after so many games and so many defeats, that playing one CM and having no physical control is at the root of the problem.

TheRedDevil2019

The player power here is ridiculous. I'd keep ten Hag and get rid of problematic players and wait until the ownership situation stabilizes. Sacking ten Hag will achieve nothing but satisfy the fans needs for catharsis. Club will still be rotten. Players will suck once they decide to power trip on the new manager. Glazers will be at the helm.

Keep him for now. We must break this constant cycle.
I feel somewhat inclined to agree with your point. The problem is, ETH signed a fair chunk of these players.

The old guard need sacking off ASAP, Martial, Rashford etc. Things will always be like this while the stroppy ones remain with little to no fight in them.

Robbie Boy

This squad finished 3 last season. Casemiro has fallen off a cliff and Varane’s legs are gone, sure, but the rest is still the same squad. With a new manager bounce the season is salvageable.

By salvageable I mean avoiding relegation of course. Something that looks like a real possibility at the moment.
Whatever about ETH, who is clearly a dead man walking, the squad is fecking terrible. Compare it to other top squads (which is fair given what we've spent) and it's laughable. ETH has bought over priced dross or past it players to add to the collection amassed by Jose and Ole (even an LvG one too, in Martial).

edgecutter

I honestly think any of us idiots on this forum would have a better game plan than what Ten Hag has shown.

podurban2

The player power here is ridiculous. I'd keep ten Hag and get rid of problematic players and wait until the ownership situation stabilizes. Sacking ten Hag will achieve nothing but satisfy the fans needs for catharsis. Club will still be rotten. Players will suck once they decide to power trip on the new manager. Glazers will be at the helm.

You want to keep the man who blew 400m and get rid of the players he brought? :houllier:

TsuWave

What player power? Are there reports of these players wanting him out? The ones he fell out with - he banished and still retained the support of the club/fans. What's this about player power and problematic players now? This is his squad

Can't it just be that the manager is doing a shit job?