Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 468 49.9%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 470 50.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BabySinclair

MANCHESTER UNITED
Boys U21:
Boys U18:
Women:

Clarence

Loanees
-

ENGLISCHE NATIONALMANNSCHAFTEN
Boys U21:
Women:

DEUTSCHLAND
BUNDESLIGA (Alle)

2.BUNDESLIGA (Alle)

DFB-POKAL (Alle)

ENGLAND
PREMIER LEAGUE (Alle)

CHAMPIONSHIP (4 Spiele pro Spieltag)

1.Spieltag (4)

FA-CUP (Alle)

EFL-CUP

ITALIEN
SERIE A (Alle)

COPPA ITALIA (Alle)

SPANIEN
LA LIGA (Alle)

COPA DEL REY (Finale)

EUROPA
EUROPAMEISTERSCHAFT~QUALIFIKATION (Alle)

NATIONS LEAGUE

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (Alle)

EUROPA LEAGUE (Alle)

CONFERENCE LEAGUE (Alle)

FRANKREICH
LIGUE 1 (Lens + Lyon + Marseille + Monaco + Paris + Toulouse)

COUPDE DE FRANCE (Olympique Lyon + Paris St. Germain)

NIEDERLANDE
EREDIVISIE (Ajax + Feyenoord Rotterdam + PSV)

KNVB-BEKER CUP (Finale)

ÖSTERREICH
BUNDESLIGA (Graz + Salzburg)

ÖFB-CUP (RB Salzburg + Sturm Graz)

POLEN
EKSTRAKLASA (Tschenstochau + Warschau)

PUCHAR POLSKI (Finale)

PORTUGAL
PRIMEIRA LIGA (Benfica + Porto + Sporting)

TACA DE PORTUGAL (Benfica + Porto + Sporting)

TACA DE LIGA

SCHOTTLAND
SCOTTISH PREMIERSHIP (Celtic + Rangers)

THE SCOTTISH CUP (Celtic + Rangers)

SCOTTISH LEAGUE CUP

ARGENTINIEN
PRIMERA DIVISION (Boca Juniors + Estudiantes + River Plate + Rosario Central)

COPA ARGENTINA (Boca Juniors + Estudiantes + River Plate + Rosario Central)

AUSTRALIEN
A-LEAGUE (Central Coast + Macarthur + Melbourne City + Melbourne Victory + Sydney)

AUSTRALIA CUP

BRASILIEN

BRASILEIRAO (Corinthians + Flamengo + Fluminense + Palmeiras + Sao Paulo)

COPO DO BRASIL (Corinthians + Flamengo + Fluminense + Palmeiras + Sao Paulo)

JAPAN
J1-LEAGUE (Fukuoka + Hiroshima + Kawasaki + Kobe + Urawa + Yokohama)

EMPEROR'S CUP (Fukuoka + Hiroshima + Kawasaki + Kobe + Urawa + Yokohama F. Marinos)

J.LEAGUE CUP (Fukuoka + Hiroshima + Kawasaki + Kobe + Urawa + Yokohama)

MEXIKO
LIGA MX (America + Pachuca + Tigres)

SÜDAFRIKA
DSTV PREMIERSHIP (Mamelodi + Orlando)

NEDBANK CUP (Mamelodi + Orlando)

MTN 8

THAILAND
THAI LEAGUE 1 (Buriram + Bangkok)

FA-CUP (Bangkok United)

LEAGUE CUP (Buriram)

USA
MLS (Columbus + Houston + Los Angeles Galaxy + Miami)

US OPEN CUP (Houston)

AFRIKA
WELTMEISTERSCHAFT~QUALIFIKATION (Elfenbeinküste + Kamerun + Marokko + Nigeria + Senegal + Südafrika + Ägypten)

AFRICA CUP OF NATIONS

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (Al Ahly + Mamelodi)

CONFEDERATION CUP (Alger)

AFRICAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE

ASIEN
WELTMEISTERSCHAFT~QUALIFIKATION (Australien + Japan + Südkorea + Thailand)

ASIAN CUP

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (Yokohama)

AFC-CUP (Central Coast)

NORDAMERIKA
WELTMEISTERSCHAFT~QUALIFIKATION

GOLD CUP

NATIONS LEAGUE

CHAMPIONS CUP (America + Columbus + Houston + Miami + Pachuca + Tigres)

LEAGUES CUP

SÜDAMERIKA
WELTMEISTERSCHAFT~QUALIFIKATION (Argentinien + Brasilien + Kolumbien + Uruguay)

COPA AMERICA

COPA LIBERTADORES (Estudiantes + Flamengo + Fluminense + LDU + Palmeiras + River Plate + Rosario Central + Sao Paulo)

COPA SUDAMERICANA (Boca Juniors + Corinthians)

FIFA
LÄNDERSPIELE (Spiele von Argentinien + Brasilien + Deutschland + Frankreich + Italien + Niederlande + Portugal + Spanien)

Last edited:

Okey

From playing them off the park to conceding 4 goals though. And they were really poor, both individually and tactically. I can't help but think we should have got something out of that game even with 10 men. We had a 2 goal lead at one stage, then went ahead with 15 minutes left. Unless you think no other manager could have managed that game better, then there can be criticism.

A truly good tactician navigates that one easily.
I think Sean Dyche sees that game out easily from there. That was Copenhagen, not Citeh.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
No, I don't trust them but we might as well roll the dice and bring in someone new despite the low probability of success. It's very obvious Ten Hag is not going to get this team to where we want it to be due to the structure of the club and his poor in-game management. We might as well get someone in who may at least bring in some good transfers as opposed to poor players from Eredivisie.
I have to disagree, we've been at this juncture one too many times to just roll the dice again, might as well wait and get clearer picture of our woes.

r0663664

Worships Man City
It seems that we are let down by players over and over again. It is time to plan exit strategy for Rashford, Bruno, Dalot and other. I didn't watch the game as I know a disappointed will be coming. How can these mentally weak players stay at United? Really mind boggling that we lose 2 goals up with the usual suspects causing our failure. Hopefully the Saudi come calling for Rashford and Antony for 150 million pound bid so we can move off these players and start promoting some young players into the squad.

redshaw

Keep reading the same thing things after each match like they're rare, "if it wasn't for this", "but this happened",

Losing 3-2 to Gala at home was supposed to be an anomaly, yet now it's 4-3 to can't cope with hagen , lose to Bayern 4-3. Are we going over to Gala to have our pants pulled down. Since the league cup win we've been getting huge defeats and breaking all kinds of records that would make Moyes and Ole blush.

I don't know what the answer is, I guess wait for the ownership to be sorted. When you have players not that arsed you get nonchalant displays, give away silly fouls and penalties and heads drop. We're so weak as team.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Come on. Even you yourself said we played well for 40 minutes only.

And before you come back at me with the red card excuse, City have beaten teams from drawing and even losing position and we were 2-0 up and within 10, we were at 2-2. Some of it definitely down to passive management and waiting and hoping rather than taking action.

I have said previously I try to be fair. I remember absolutely going in on OGS when we were away in the CL, Bruno crossed and Ronaldo got us 1-0 up and then AwB got sent off and we lost 2-1 against some scrub team from Austria or Switzerland.

What we've seen here today is no different. He's on a hiding to nothing and he's lucky we're not playing the Scouse lot until Christmas because they'd fill their boots at the moment against our bunch of clowns (again).
I actually think with 10 men we navigated the game well. We lost from a silly Dalot error sure but in general with 10 men we played decent. I said the first 40 mins because that's when we had XI men.

Yes city have come back from a man down. They are also a side that have a B and C team that's better than Chelsea's or ours heck it would probably give Arsenal a run too. It's not exactly comparable is it.

And congrats you went in on Ole. I don't think that matters. I'm just saying we played well with XI men. It was encouraging and I think we can get results in the next two if we play that way again.

What I said is not contraversial I don't know why you take an issue with it.

Oo0AahCantona

Nail in the coffin was after spending 400m and being hired to make us play like a better Ajax he said he can’t make us play like Ajax…. That was the entire point in hiring him.

ArmaDino

From playing them off the park to covering 4 goals though. And they were really poor, both individually and tactically. I can't keep but think we should have got something out of that. We had a 2 goal lead at one stage, then went ahead with 15 minutes left. Unless you think no other manager could have managed that game better, then there can be criticism.
Calm down mate. In case you haven't noticed, ETH always starts slow, but slowly gets better as the season goes on.

The last games we've slowly improved, but tonight the ref decided he doesn't want us to have a good game couple with the fact that we have some very mentally weak players. Goals 3 are literally Wan Bissaka miscontroling the ball passing it back to Onana under a very awkward angle who let's go out for a corner, from which they end up scoring. Goal 4 is our experienced serial CL winner Varane having trouble controling a ball, hoofing away while there is nobody near him resulting in Copenhagen catching us out of formation and scoring.

The point is, even the best managers have a tough time implementing their tactics when he is let down by school boy errors from his own players. Even SAF had some pretty notorious losses in Europe with 10 men in similar circumstances against Real and Bayern. Let's not get carried away. Good performance tonight, but the ref and some of our own cowards fecked everything up.

Appletonred

He's unravelling but is biggest mistake has been not doing everything he can towards signing Harry Kane, he should have demanded that signing.

mustaine

Four Champs League games.

As a manager he's seen:

Two reds
Two howlers from Onana
Two massive mistakes from Dalot.
A load of injuries.
Four pens conceded(I think)

Say whatever you like about tactics etc, that's a load of craziness any manager would struggle with.
Some very fair points but he brought in Onana, his guy and he continues to pick Dalot.

yfoFC

I don’t think we should sack him but this post is silly. Football in 2023 is a result’s business and Ten Hag is no Fergie.

Our issues are deeper than the manager though.
So you're saying Fergie would not have made it in 2023 and all long term loyalty and planning should be forgotten because "football" is now a results business

What sport was it in 1989?

I see the problem now, you the fans are the ones that are killing the game because it is a "results business" now

You guys all reminisce on the Fergie days but you don't have the patience to unearth the new Fergie

I'm ashamed to be a fan with the lot of you

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I honestly dont know why ETH set the team up to be so wide when we went down to 10 men.

HookedOnAPhelan

He's had shit luck this season with just about everything, but that doesn't excuse our performances, much less losing 9 games out of 17.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Some very fair points but he brought in Onana, his guy and he continues to pick Dalot.
A lot of the times I don't think he chose Dalot by choice. Hes been our only fit fullback for long stretches really.

yfoFC

Ferguson became the best manager to grace the game, so you might as well say that Erik given 5 years will have to undoubtedly become better than Pep / Klopp and most managers in Europe if that comparison has any merit.

The club doesn't owe the manager loyalty, the manager like any position of employment has to prove himself and earn his credentials. I genuinely think the result was unlucky looking at the context of the game. The team played well for 45 mins which was a theme of last season, it's not something that is praise worthy because it's a low bar.

The game is a game of two halves either way and in boxing the term for these fighters is referred front-runners who box well for 6 rounds then fade for the rest of the fight. So like boxing football isn't 6 rounds it's the equivalent of 12, you have to be good in both halves to be consistent.
You have managed to type a lot of words without any meaning whatsoever

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's unravelling but is biggest mistake has been not doing everything he can towards signing Harry Kane, he should have demanded that signing.
Hojlund just scored 2 but people still watch that game and think the number 9 is the problem. Seeing Casemiro and Varane decline and it still doesn’t sink in that it wasn’t the right move to buy another 30+ year old for this squad.

Wasting (£65m?) on Mount and Amrabat rather than a bonafide starter is the biggest mistake of the summer.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Erik ten Hag tells TNT Sports the red card "changed everything" and that Marcus Rashford's red card was "harsh".

"The two goals should never count. First it was offside and the second, what can you do for that?

"I have seen a lot of positives from that game but in the end we have lost some focus."

EI Beatle

Amrabat Reguilon Mount Antony - all Ten Hag buys sitting on the bench in what most will have said a must win game says it all for me

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Erik ten Hag tells TNT Sports the red card "changed everything" and that Marcus Rashford's red card was "harsh".

"The two goals should never count. First it was offside and the second, what can you do for that?

"I have seen a lot of positives from that game but in the end we have lost some focus."
Agree with him. Many positives from tonight.

Marwood

You can't legislate for a keeper making those mistakes though. Onana shouldn't be doing that.

And he hasn't had much choice with Dalot. Pretty much had to play him.

mustaine

A lot of the times I don't think he chose Dalot by choice. Hes been our only fit fullback for long stretches really.
He’s his 2-3 choice (Shaw being 1, AWB 2-3 as well) which isn’t really good but yeah, injuries play a part. However, he could have played Lindelof or Regiulon (even Amrabat - ok, he’s terrible) but Dalot plays and unsurprisingly makes a bad mistake that costs us.

yfoFC

Didn't see many individual errors tonight tbh. Maybe the Varane failed clearance for the 4th goal. Just a total breakdown of team cohesion because of the loss of one player. That is a massive indictment on the coach. I mean we've literally had so many examples of top teams going one man down this season so we have many reference points. To concede 4 goals to a team that would be mid table at best in the PL because of the loss of a player who wasn't even a defender is ridiculous.

You guys are just ingenious I swear with your nonsensical comparisons

You compare us to top teams this season when we are currently not a top team as of this present moment

And before you laugh off what I'm saying, it's the same as comparing Liverpool of last season to Liverpool that almost won the quadrable the season prior.

And this is me comparing the same team to themselves just months apart so you can see how dumb your comparison actually is

Man Utd is not a top team as of this present moment so of course we caved after going a man down because we lack confidence. It's that effing simple

Woziak

How can you have a 53% loss rate after 17 games and hope to remain at the club !

Nine defeats before the 10th November has to go to give a new coach a free hit with PL. Give him the Luton game and then change him.

mustaine

You can't legislate for a keeper making those mistakes though. Onana shouldn't be doing that.

And he hasn't had much choice with Dalot. Pretty much had to play him.
It’s really astonishing that he wanted Onana - but ok, I’ll back down.

I don’t agree with that. He should have hooked him at half time as it was certain that we needed to defend more in the second.

yfoFC

We literally finished bottom of group under SAF consisting of Benfica, Villareal and Lille. The other time we finished 3rd in group consisting of Basel, Benfica and Otelul Galati ffs.
Preach brother

These fans either have short memories or are just masochists that enjoy whipping themselves up into a frenzy for the slightest excuse.

It honestly baffles me

Blood Mage

We're just horribly coached and that's all that needs to be said. He should have brought some more coaches from Ajax with him because it clearly wasn't him getting them to play like that.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
People still line up to defend him, we really have become liverpool
Liverpool were never this bad. They had that treble cup season to fall back on eleven years after winning their last title. Then won the CL in 2005.

So, to become Liverpool, United would need to win a treble of cups this season (already impossible) and win the CL in 2028.

I would gladly take that outcome as things stand.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I wish he would go off Mourinho or Arteta style in the presser against the refs tbh. He's been repeatedly fecked by them and is being nice about it, but nothing will change unless he speaks out and puts pressure on the refs. Don't give a feck if it's a cnut thing to do. Refs have given us nothing since the Onana incident and it won't change til we give an equal amount of outrage the opposite way.

ti vu

You guys are just ingenious I swear with your nonsensical comparisons

You compare us to top teams this season when we are currently not a top team as of this present moment

And before you laugh off what I'm saying, it's the same as comparing Liverpool of last season to Liverpool that almost won the quadrable the season prior.

And this is me comparing the same team to themselves just months apart so you can see how dumb your comparison actually is

Man Utd is not a top team as of this present moment so of course we caved after going a man down because we lack confidence. It's that effing simple
Basically you say we're a mid table team, then that would be the drawing on the board for ETH future with us. We're going backward from last season trajectory.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Preach brother

These fans either have short memories or are just masochists that enjoy whipping themselves up into a frenzy for the slightest excuse.

It honestly baffles me
But Ferguson record is in how many years range? In a 15 year range probably. ETH is already in his 2nd year.

Ferguson was beaten 6-1 by City but how many times? Once. ETH will lose by 5 goals when we go to Etihad this season. Add the 6 of last season. You get the frequency of things.

el3mel

Calm down mate. In case you haven't noticed, ETH always starts slow, but slowly gets better as the season goes on.

The last games we've slowly improved, but tonight the ref decided he doesn't want us to have a good game couple with the fact that we have some very mentally weak players. Goals 3 are literally Wan Bissaka miscontroling the ball passing it back to Onana under a very awkward angle who let's go out for a corner, from which they end up scoring. Goal 4 is our experienced serial CL winner Varane having trouble controling a ball, hoofing away while there is nobody near him resulting in Copenhagen catching us out of formation and scoring.

The point is, even the best managers have a tough time implementing their tactics when he is let down by school boy errors from his own players. Even SAF had some pretty notorious losses in Europe with 10 men in similar circumstances against Real and Bayern. Let's not get carried away. Good performance tonight, but the ref and some of our own cowards fecked everything up.
Huh? When did this imaginary improvement last few games happened? We barely managed a very late win against Fulham after they wasted good amount of chances to lead against us earlier.

Ten Hag's biggest achievement at United isn't winning the glorious league cup, it's selling his night fever dream to his supporters.

ArmaDino

Preach brother

It honestly baffles me
Tell me about it. Bunch of neurotic pansies are our online fans these days.

Going back to the SAF days.

I remember how we lost 3-2 against Bayern after being 3-0 up in the first 40 minutes and running away with it. I remeber Rafael's red card to Ribery changed the game, but the geniuses on here tell me that top managers grind out results always.

Or the same scenario where we were 1-0 up and had Real on the ropes, until Cnut Cakir decided to send Nani off. Both of the exits still hurt like yesterday.

And yet some geniuses on here believe that 9 man Citeh would beat this team and ignore the fact that we played with 10 man for 60+ minutes until Dalot, Varane and AWB decided that the last 10 minutes of the match is the best time to turn our defense into a circus.

RORY65

Overall we played better than we have for the most part of this season and the first half half an hour was a good away display while the first 30 minutes of the 2nd half went as well as could be expected. Those spells give hope in that unlike a lot of our games this season there were positives and elements to be encouraged by and indicate maybe something to build on while obviously noting that still losing to such a theoretically inferior opposition is incredibly disappointing, conceding 4 goals is piss poor and massive improvements are still needed in the coming games.